Search

.com Forum · Alaskan Malamute

Replies in this thread : 460
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
<< prev page next page >>

Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
11/13/2015 10:47:43 PM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Oh man, it's been ages since I looked at this thread, I've missed some things. -.-'I just stay too busy to keep up with this game anymore, but I'm going to hang in there; I'm not out of it yet.

Oh and, not you too Makavelis sad :(, so many people leaving the breed lately, so many greats. I understand, but I hope you will consider returning at some point, your dogs were among the best out there and definitely at the top SOP wise. I enjoyed watching your progress. Good luck going forward though happy :), and you will be missed. sad :(

Not all bad news though, welcome back to the breed Treestand! ^^ Allow me to apologize for being late to see this and welcome you. I hope you are having fun, I'm glad SKL was able to find so many of their awesome dogs good homes where they can continue to contribute to the breed. happy :) I looks forward to competing with you in the ring again treestand; I'll try to keep up with my entries better. happy :)

Huge congrats on your 97% WhiteStar! ^^Looks like your running a very successful program so far. happy :) Keep up the good work. ^^

I will need to catch up with you guys, haven't bred anything particularly great SOP wise for awhile now. I think I'm in some kind of a funk, getting lots of throwbacks these day, probably bred to much on the same pedigrees. Luckily I've built my funds back up enough that I can and will start using outside studs again soon. Hopefully fresh blood will nudge everything into moving forward again.
 Xi-Chi
Basic User

Basic User
11/15/2015 3:51:15 AM reply with quote send message to Xi-Chi Object to Post

Wow! We seem to have a lot leaving lately. You will be missed Lindsey. Welcome Treestand happy :) I like the look of your new kennel.

I haven't had much to report lately. I was super excited to get this lovely girl the other day
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14472402

She's a blue and white girl. I've been wanting to have dogs other than red and whites in my kennel.

I almost had a 96.90, but her show shine is kind of stinky.
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14472420

I'm not having much luck producing males and I'm nowhere close to seeing a 97 in my kennel. I might break the barrier next month. I am having fun with the breed and that's really the important part.

-Serenity
 CS bauhinia
Basic User

Basic User
11/15/2015 5:27:40 PM reply with quote send message to CS bauhinia Object to Post

Hey guys,

Sorry I've been away lately-the new puppy is taking over all of my free time (as he should!!) I did put my 10 size male up for stud (Dreamcatcher) if anyone is interested. Hope you all are doing well...I"m going to be hit and miss for at least the next month or so.

Congrats to all on their accomplishments over the last month!
 Makavelis
Basic User

Basic User
11/15/2015 11:40:36 PM reply with quote send message to Makavelis Object to Post

oh man, I'm slowly on my way out and I get this stunner of a boy XD

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14479674

Looks like I'll be showing him even once I drop to a basic lol

Lindsey
 Xi-Chi
Basic User

Basic User
11/17/2015 5:12:28 AM reply with quote send message to Xi-Chi Object to Post

Hey guys. I took the liberty of adding the top SOP dogs for our breed on the new list that is going around. I think I got this right, but if you guys found dogs that are higher in SOP let me know.

Dog:
Makavelis Back in the Game
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14479674

Bitch:
RMK Red Mountains
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14422932

-Serenity
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/17/2015 11:06:58 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

You beat me to it Serenity! laugh :D

Thanks for the welcome, it feels great to be back! I am lucky I got such a great start, man have Mals jumped up in SOPs!
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
11/20/2015 9:06:45 PM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Oh CS, so glad to see you post here, I was worried something might have happened to you because of how suddenly you left, but I’m glad everything is alright. Also, completely understandable that you’re taking a break, real life should always come first, take all the time you need and I will look forward to seeing you back out there in the ring. happy :) Will have to look into that stud too.

Xi-chi, don’t sweat it, SOP isn’t everything and you are doing fine, you’re kennel actually has a higher average SOP than mine does. Although, I don’t pay attention to SOP that much personally, it is really exciting to have the highest SOP dog though, even if it only lasts a day sometimes. happy :) Also, thanks for updating the top SOP for the breed. happy :)

Wow Makavelis! Stunner is correct! Like I said you were always churning out amazing dogs, perhaps he a sign that you shouldn’t leave. wink ;) I do believe that’s the highest SOP currently, haven’t seen a higher one.

Does anyone have a higher SOP mal than that?

Yes Treestand, glad to have you back. happy :) Also, those SKL dogs you picked up are awesome, always admired SKLs dedication to trait breeding. ^^ Thanks for helping keep their work alive, I look forward to see what you can produce. happy :)

Also, I will try to be more active in the breed and just in general around here, been really absent lately.

Oh and, Just for the heck of it I decided to compile a list of the best traits that exist in the showlines of mals (that I’m aware of) currently:

Head: 9.8/10.2
FQ: 9.8/10.2
HQ: 9.5/ 10.9
Gait: 9.8/10.2
Tnb: 9.5/NA
Coat: 9.8/NA
Size: 10.0
Temp: 9.7/NA
Feet: 9.7/NA

If all these traits were on a single dog that dog’s SOP would be 98.1% so the potential is out there in the breed right now to jump up another full percent point and with how rapidly this breed has been improving I believe someone can breed that dog. Just have to get all these traits on the same dog. happy :) Let me know if you know of better traits than the ones listed here, in show lines only though as color lines can have higher traits pop up that don’t actually stick.

Also here are my newest studs, since I’ve been behind in listing them:

Ch Drakes Evacuate the Dance Floor:
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14372179
96.7%/20ss, red and white, 11.95 Supreme, Proven Stud $100

Drakes Everyday I’m Sufflin’
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14387239
96.4%/96.8% adjusted SOP 19.2ss, red and white, 12.15 Supreme!, proven stud $100

Drakes Shut Up and Dance
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14372181
95.85%/96.8% adjusted SOP 18.1ss, red and white, 12.15 Supreme! Unproven, $50 limited stud
 Makavelis
Basic User

Basic User
11/24/2015 1:43:44 AM reply with quote send message to Makavelis Object to Post

I have another 15+ decent Mals both female and male up for grabs again XD

SOP Varying from 96.55 up to 96.80 I simply don't have the space and would hate to see these dogs go to waste, I will be FHing them all unless sold at 10days old

Just have a look on my page happy :)

Haha I know Drake! Looks like i'll be sticking around for just that little bit longer lol! :P

Lindsey
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
11/24/2015 11:58:39 PM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Glad to read that you will be sticking around a while longer Makavelis. I look forward to seeing what your boy can do when he hits the ring. happy :) Would take some of your awesome dogs, but I'm hard up for space unfortunately.

Anyway, I just need to brag a little about this girl that was born tonight in my kennel:

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14498940

Her showshine is slightly disappointing, but only slightly with a rating of 12.3!! I can not complain ^^, would have been my first 97% range mal though, and wasn't because of that. -.-' However, just look at her size and FQ! That's the highest FQ I've seen to date. I thank SKL for her Dam, this litter is amazing. ^^ I have her siblings up for sale who also have special traits, so feel free to check them out. happy :)
 Tenacity Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/25/2015 11:16:46 AM reply with quote send message to Tenacity Kennel Object to Post

Oh she's gorgeous Drake!!
 Tenacity Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/27/2015 11:47:29 AM reply with quote send message to Tenacity Kennel Object to Post

I just wanted to let you guys know the low gait bitch I bought from SKL is for sale. Her condition is low but I've been working on that! laugh :D

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14295489

Any offer is accepted.
 Xi-Chi
Basic User

Basic User
11/28/2015 1:27:54 PM reply with quote send message to Xi-Chi Object to Post

Hey guys. I hope everyone is doing well today.

Drake - No higher male here than Makavelis beautiful boy there. It's kind of funny that I was coming in here to look for a list of high traits for the breed so I could set some goals for myself. Lo and behold there it is happy :) Also, how did you figure out a potential SOP for a dog with all of the best traits?

That is also a stunning girl you have there happy :)

Makavelis - Wow! That boy of yours is amazing. I'm still trying to get a 97 with no luck what-so-ever lol Sorry, I may have drooled a little on him happy :) I took a girl off your hands. Very much appreciated happy :)

I ended up being surprised by this little girl yesterday morning.
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14506516
96.85 SOP! I was thrilled because she's the best dog I've bred so far. I've been working with trait breeding and she's got 4 above average traits. I noticed her dam at SKL and figured that she might produce well even with her low show shine. Looks like I was right.

I also got this boy
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14489665
He has 3 above average traits on him. I'm pretty happy with that.

I put a boy up for stud recently and forgot to mention it earlier.
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14330967

Glad to see that everyone is making progress. It's exciting watching all of this unfold.

-Serenity
 CS bauhinia
Basic User

Basic User
11/30/2015 4:53:50 AM reply with quote send message to CS bauhinia Object to Post

Any trait breeders interested in a boy with 10 gait? Low SS but adjusted SOP is 96.1. Will take less than $100 on offer.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14513052

I just have to say how impressed I am with all of the beautiful dogs turning up in the breed!! Congrats on the Group 3 last night SKYY!

Drake-thanks-I certainly didn't anticipate leaving so abruptly, but my puppy is now coming out of the needing constant attention and trips outside, so should be coming back more and more. Kind of wish I had cleaned up my kennels before I left though-will take a while to dig out of the hole I left myself!
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
12/1/2015 12:16:29 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

It’s the end of the month; time for new averages:

Head: 9.8 +0
FQ: 9.5 +0
HQ: 9.2 +0
Gait: 10.3 +0
Tnb: 9.2 +0
Coat: 9.6 +0
Size: 9.8 +0
Temp: 9.6 +0
Feet: 9.6 +0

Unfortunately there were no improvements this month. -.-‘ Well there are always improvements, but this time they were minuscule, not enough to round-up. So I’ll go ahead and post the un-rounded numbers up, so said improvements can be observed:
Last month:

Head: 9.75
FQ: 9.47
HQ: 9.17
Gait: 10.34
Tnb: 9.19
Coat: 9.61
Size: 9.78
Temp: 9.56
Feet: 9.55

This Month:

Head: 9.77
FQ: 9.47
HQ: 9.18
Gait: 10.33
Tnb: 9.20
Coat: 9.61
Size: 9.79
Temp: 9.58
Feet: 9.57

The breed is still moving forward nicely, and didn’t lose any ground, only gained it. Anyway, the new ring average is 96.35% and the formulaic average remains 10.8.

Serenity, I figured out the hypothetical top mal SOP the same way I figure out everything; with math. happy :) Here is how you calculate Skipwall’s SOP:

Subtract each of a dog’s traits from 10, and then multiply each of those numbers by the importance of the trait on the breed’s standard of points, temperament is multiplied by 10. Add those numbers together, and then divide by 10. Subtract that number from 100 and then add 10; there’s your SOP. happy :)

Example:
9.8 9.8 9.5 9.8 9.5 9.8 10.0 9.7 20.0 9.7
.2 .2 .5 .2 .5 .2 0 .3 10 .3
X15 x5 x5 x10 x5 x10 x20 x10 x10 x10
3 1 2.5 2 2.5 2 0 3 100 3
119 /10 = 11.9 100-11.9 = 88.1=10= 98.1%

And there you have it; just as simple as that. happy :) I use the written SOP formula like this to find out the highest hypothetical SOP of a litter usually, so I know rather it worth trying to repeat for that optimum roll or not as well as a few other things, but since the game auto calculates dog’s SOPs it doesn’t come in handy for many things to know how it’s calculated.

Congrats on your 96.85% girl, she’s gorgeous ^^ also, great job seeing past low showshine to see the real value of a dog, always refreshing when people do that and it pays off, it brings people on step closer to losing the stigma of low showshine; which as I always say, is not a very important trait in the grand scheme of things.

You are making fantastic progress, look forward to seeing your homebreds out in the ring. happy :) I too am eagerly awaiting someone to reveal the next highest SOP mal. ^^

I would take him CS, but space is so limited, I do hope he finds a good home though; it’s never a good thing to lose dogs that are valuable to trait breeding out of the gene pool.

Also, I know how that can be CS, I’ve had to cut back over the past couple months to avoid going into debt in this kennel as well. Cutting back is no fun, but my funds have reached my comfort level again I’m happy to say, so I can start adding things back now. So yeah it only took a couple months, so you can do it, just have patience and remember that you don’t have to give up anything, just cut back on everything.

Oh and, I too stay busy with real life things, the horses have kept me quite busy over the last few months and now the holiday season will keep me busy, but it’s a good kind of busy all of it. I like keeping busy, better than having nothing to do. happy :)

Oh and, so I don’t forget, here are my newest studs in case anyone is interested:

Drakes Awake and Alive:
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14438482
96.7%/20ss, gray and white, 11.9 Supreme, unproven $50
Drakes Blinded by the Light:
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14438494
96.45%/20ss, red sable and white, 11.75 Exceptional AAA, unproven $50
Drakes Refracting Light:
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14438469
96.45%/20ss, red and white, 11.65 Exceptional AAA, unproven $50
Drakes Sanity’s Requiem
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14438473
96.4%/20ss, gray and white, 11.75 Exceptional AAA, unproven $50
 Tenacity Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
12/8/2015 2:47:01 PM reply with quote send message to Tenacity Kennel Object to Post

I just wanted to let everyone I have a new boy up for stud from Tortoise Kennels

Torti Royal Thunder 96.8
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14458917
$100
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
12/9/2015 10:05:04 PM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Gorgeous boy, I will be sending one of my girls his way when she is ready to breed. Need to start using outside studs again, but I’m really picky about which ones I use as I don’t want to lose the progress I’ve been making on tightening decimals or lengthening curves. Have found quite a few candidates that mesh well with my line, and your boy is among them. happy :)

Anyway, how come everyone has been so quiet as of late? I miss finding activity on this thread; it’s been a while since I checked it, only to find a single post for the whole month. -.-‘ Surely someone among you has things they want to share? News? Questions to ask? Something… Come on chime in, liven this place up a bit. happy :)

Oh and, I have two really nice boys up for sale that I’d hate to have to FH:

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14498936
^This one boast a 10 in size, along with a high range hindquarter that is valuable for breeding, and sable coloration. 96.65% SOP 20ss
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14498939
^This one has both a high range fq and hq both of which a very rare traits that are valuable for breeding, as well as a 9.9 size/9.5 tnb, and also has sable coloration. 96.65%/20ss.

I’d take $50 for them at this point; my only requirement is that they go to premium kennels so they can be added to the gene pool. Someone please take them they are 15 days old now and taking space from my kennel, I will need to FH them soon and that would truly be a shame. sad :(

Also, I have a couple new studs to post:

Drakes Making a Splash:
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14460960
96.5%/19.9ss, Sable and white, 11.75 exceptional AAA, Unproven $100
10.2fq, 11.0hq- high range

Drakes Race into the Unknown
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14451349
96.45%/20ss, gray and white, 11.75 Exceptional AAA, unproven $50
 Tenacity Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
12/11/2015 9:48:38 AM reply with quote send message to Tenacity Kennel Object to Post

Just wanted to let you guys know about my boy who is now up for stud!

Spunky Storm Trooper 96.5 Red and White
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14463296

Thank you for the pretty boy, Drake!

Things are chugging along nicely here. I haven't broken 97 yet, but we are working towards that goal! happy :) I have gotten some nice pups with gait below 10 and I'm hoping with that sable boy I got from you, Drake, I will be able to get more dogs with HQ above 10 while keeping the gait below 10.

Does anyone have plans for this month?

My daughter's fourth birthday is on Saturday and then we have two Christmases to go to and then we will fit in our own little Christmas for us and the animals. happy :) New Year's Eve my husband will be lighting off fireworks (he has his pyro technician license) so that should be lots of fun. happy :)
 Xi-Chi
Basic User

Basic User
12/12/2015 12:05:43 PM reply with quote send message to Xi-Chi Object to Post

I really haven't had much to celebrate or share as of late. This is sort of my down time for breeding while I wait for my pups to come of age. I did get this one little girl yesterday.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14538899

I think I'm approaching the 97% mark. I might just get one later this month. I think it's probably more likely that I'll get some 96.9's this month and a 97.00 from one of those because that seems to be how my progress is working out. As long as it's progress, I'm very happy happy :)

Drake, I am curious to know about this tightening of decimals that you mentioned.

I got my first homebred champion today. I'm really excited about that!
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14423844
I'll be curious to see if she produces well or not. I noticed some dogs do well in the ring, but don't produce show quality offspring. This is interesting to me. I wonder if there is a way to look at their numbers and determine that.

-Serenity
 Tenacity Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
12/13/2015 9:50:15 AM reply with quote send message to Tenacity Kennel Object to Post

I have a celebration!!

I finished my first Mal since being back, with a 2nd in Show!!!

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14458917
 Xi-Chi
Basic User

Basic User
12/13/2015 8:23:27 PM reply with quote send message to Xi-Chi Object to Post

Oh congrats! That's an awesome way to finish a championship title happy :)

-Serenity

Replies in this thread : 460
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.