Search

.com Forum · American Forum

Replies in this thread : 83
Page : 1 2 3 4 5
<< prev page next page >>

CaboodleIWS
Basic User

Basic User
9/26/2008 9:57:42 AM reply with quote send message to CaboodleIWS Object to Post

When I got my license (a few years back) it was $20 to fill me tank from being empty...

... I just put $40 in it yesterday and that wasn't even all the way empty. Which, granted, it was $3.79 so I won't complain too much because that is greatly reduced from the near-$5 we were paying a few months back.. but still.

I think it was $1.20 when I started driving...
 Whispering Elms Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/26/2008 12:13:15 PM reply with quote send message to Whispering Elms Kennels Object to Post

It was $0.89 when I started, lol. Thanks for making me feel old!
 Demented Psyche
Basic User

Basic User
10/27/2008 9:56:08 AM reply with quote send message to Demented Psyche Object to Post

They're plummeting!! I know it's just for the election but still!!! I need to go steal a tanker and fill it up..

~Morgan
 Karene
Basic User

Basic User
10/27/2008 10:36:19 AM reply with quote send message to Karene Object to Post

LOL! I know, it's amazing. I saw the gases prices at the local BP at $2.59 for regular. If I didn't have a full tank, I would have bought more just because. :P

How horrible is that? LOL
 Peace Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/28/2008 2:10:34 PM reply with quote send message to Peace Kennels Object to Post

$2.25!!!!!! Down here in FL our cheapest station reached $2.25!! It's amazing that just a month ago we were complaining about gas prices going up to almost $5.00 and now here they are down in the mid-$2.00!

~Peace
 Tiggertot
Basic User

Basic User
10/29/2008 2:17:33 PM reply with quote send message to Tiggertot Object to Post

petrol prices here are £0.94p per litre now
 Peace Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/2/2008 4:57:43 PM reply with quote send message to Peace Kennels Object to Post

The first gas price I've spotted under $2.00 a few days ago!! ($1.95!!)

~Peace
 Dogs of Rockwood
Basic User

Basic User
11/2/2008 5:49:25 PM reply with quote send message to Dogs of Rockwood Object to Post

Lucky... below $2 already? We've went from $3.89 a couple months ago, all the way to $2.59.

-Cassie
 Ranshao
Basic User

Basic User
11/2/2008 9:28:43 PM reply with quote send message to Ranshao Object to Post

in texas it was 2.19 YESTERDAY!!!!!
 Karene
Basic User

Basic User
11/2/2008 9:45:18 PM reply with quote send message to Karene Object to Post

It was $2.19 here as well!

I don't understand, why are the gas prices going so low now? Is it because of the election?
 Peace Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/4/2008 4:23:52 PM reply with quote send message to Peace Kennels Object to Post

posted by Dogs of Rockwood
Lucky... below $2 already? We've went from $3.89 a couple months ago, all the way to $2.59.

-Cassie

Yep. We went for around $4.05+ all the way to below $2!

~Peace
 Romance Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/5/2008 8:08:16 AM reply with quote send message to Romance Kennels Object to Post

Same here. We're at 2.06 in Dallas.
 Glory
Basic User

Basic User
11/5/2008 9:57:07 AM reply with quote send message to Glory Object to Post

We're at $1.87.

Alyssa
 TopPaws
Basic User

Basic User
11/5/2008 11:22:55 AM reply with quote send message to TopPaws Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

$2.42!!!

A little worried at how long this will last- OPEC just cut down on oil production and the elections are over (gas prices almost always fall right before elections. . .), and holiday travel season is just around the corner.

I still don't support drilling though. While I completely understand opening up wildlife areas if we really need the resources, drilling in the Arctic national wildlife refuge and offshore would have a negligible impact on gas prices. It would be several years before the drilling could begin, and oil enters a global market- for instance, someone from China or Australia could easily be buying whatever oil we pump here. You have to measure the global supply of oil, not the "american" supply, and drilling in these areas would only increase the global supply by a very small amount. It's just not worth developing pristine habitat for the sake of something that wouldn't do an incredible amount of good. The only decent argument is that it would decrease our dependence on foreign oil, but again, it'd be by only a small amount.

Not a debate, just my $.02 happy :)

Glad the prices are down for now, though. I hope President Obama will invest in plenty of public transportation and alternative energy- that would really ensure our national security and make a difference.

seawood
Basic User

Basic User
11/5/2008 4:43:17 PM reply with quote send message to seawood Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Didn't know I would upset people! So sorry!
 Evanescence Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/24/2008 4:24:34 PM reply with quote send message to Evanescence Kennels Object to Post

I work at a gas station. Our price for Reg. Unleaded is now at $1.64. We dropped it today. It was CRAZY this weekend, because on Sat. we dropped it to $1.67. It's awesome.
 Peace Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/24/2008 4:42:58 PM reply with quote send message to Peace Kennels Object to Post

Wow, I can't even remember the last time it was that low.

Our local prices range from about $1.85-$2.25

~Sam <33
 Demented Psyche
Basic User

Basic User
11/24/2008 4:51:50 PM reply with quote send message to Demented Psyche Object to Post

I remember when gas was like .79 cents.. that's about the cheapest I can remember.

~Morgan
 Demented Psyche
Basic User

Basic User
11/25/2008 8:50:08 AM reply with quote send message to Demented Psyche Object to Post

Also I wanted to say in regards to public transportation, that while very successful in other countries you (you in general not anyone in particular) realize how different and difficult it would be in the USA? Mainly because one of our many states is larger than some countries! LOL For example, Wikipedia states that the UK (where public transport is VERY successful) is 94,526sq miles. Colorado for example is 104,185sq miles.. and that's not even our largest state.

While I think it is a good idea, I think public transport needs to take a backseat to alternative fuels. For this reason and be honest, Americans are not willing going to give up their cars. LOL I won't.. wink ;)

~Morgan
 Da Vinci
Basic User

Basic User
11/25/2008 2:40:14 PM reply with quote send message to Da Vinci Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

NYC is 468.9 sq miles. With the city's ridiculous traffic laws and gas prices, many have opted to use the MTA. There are train delays every morning. Aside from that, to meet a budget, they have a proposed increase for fare. I have been riding the trains for 18 years and it's getting worse.

It's making me want to get a car and drive to work more and more. It's $2.51 at the gas station a few blocks up now.

This is just my part of the country, though. I just kind of needed to rant too. laugh :D

Replies in this thread : 83
Page : 1 2 3 4 5
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.