Search

.com Forum · American Forum

Replies in this thread : 83
Page : 1 2 3 4 5
<< prev page next page >>

CaboodleIWS
Basic User

Basic User
7/21/2008 11:22:05 AM reply with quote send message to CaboodleIWS Object to Post

posted by Golden Faith
In Illinois it ranges between $4.10-$4.20 (thanks to my older sis for telling me this amount wink ;)).
Only in some areas... others (like my area) are happy to find gas under $4.50 a gallon.
 FallenStarz
Basic User

Basic User
7/21/2008 11:55:42 AM reply with quote send message to FallenStarz Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

In my area, Gas has happily come down to 3.99/gal, a 20 cent drop!
 seawood
Basic User

Basic User
7/21/2008 7:22:43 PM reply with quote send message to seawood Object to Post

posted by FallenStarz
*gasp* Where do you live?! I gotta move there!
 Whispering Elms Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/22/2008 7:37:48 AM reply with quote send message to Whispering Elms Kennels Object to Post

posted by seawood
I think some people have to start to kind of move away from gasoline, because someday it won't be here. It's going to be hard without it!
We would buy a hybrid if we could find one. They are also outrageously expensive. I did the cost calculation for gas mileage and it would take 5 years to make up the difference in the increase in cost. We may still do it because we tend to keep our cars for more than 5 years. Start saving up now. happy :)
 Brutally Honest
Basic User

Basic User
7/22/2008 8:43:51 AM reply with quote send message to Brutally Honest Object to Post

Gas is around 4.29 now, I was driving around other places in Long Island and in one town it was 4.58!

Funny story about gas laugh :D
When I used to have my GMC suburban, I went to the nearest shell station to fill up. (2 Days before prom where we would be staying in another town and need cars to get back) Anyways, my truck was between a quarter and a half, more towards a half, so I told the guy to fill it up. I only had $100 dollars at the time. Well sure enough my car hits full...but $120 dollars later. I had to wait at the gas station for my dad to drop off another $20 bucks because I had nothing on me and I underestimated the power of the pump!

I'm now driving a 03 Ford explorer and I have to say, it's not as scary as that yacht of a suburban.
~Kate
 JoeNJackies
Basic User

Basic User
7/22/2008 9:22:54 AM reply with quote send message to JoeNJackies Object to Post

yay for public transportation! xD That's one thing I love about NYC, though the price of that is going up as well (but not NEARLY as bad as having to drive a car). Back home we had to drive just about everywhere. Not fun!
 cecilia_girl
Basic User

Basic User
8/10/2008 9:48:19 AM reply with quote send message to cecilia_girl Object to Post

Let's atleast be thankful that prices are going down.
 FallenStarz
Basic User

Basic User
8/10/2008 11:05:03 AM reply with quote send message to FallenStarz Object to Post

posted by seawood
posted by FallenStarz
*gasp* Where do you live?! I gotta move there!

I'm in Southern Indiana.. Its continuing to drop, its down to 3.76/gal in some places. I know if I go down to Kentucky I'd be able to get it (in some places) for 3.59/gal.
 Charmed Champion Show Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
8/10/2008 11:34:09 AM reply with quote send message to Charmed Champion Show Dogs Object to Post

I just got gas for $3.37 yesterday! happy :) made my day lol
 seawood
Basic User

Basic User
8/10/2008 11:52:41 AM reply with quote send message to seawood Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Mcain wants to drill. *rolls eyes*
 Stephval Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/11/2008 11:29:55 AM reply with quote send message to Stephval Kennels Object to Post

posted by seawood
President mcain wants to drill. *rolls eyes*
President? Last I checked, he is only the GOP nominee.
 seawood
Basic User

Basic User
8/11/2008 11:45:36 AM reply with quote send message to seawood Object to Post

posted by Stephval Kennels
posted by seawood
President mcain wants to drill. *rolls eyes*
President? Last I checked, he is only the GOP nominee.

LOL. My mistake XD
 CaboodleIWS
Basic User

Basic User
9/6/2008 2:14:19 PM reply with quote send message to CaboodleIWS Object to Post

Have you seen where the drilling will be done? Sure - it is on "wildlife" lands.. in a barren part that is remote and not as populated with wildlife as environmentalists would have you believe.

I'd rather that than the continued bouncing around of prices and this horrid economy we have - at least that would bring more money back into the U.S. instead of sending it overseas.
 Tiggertot
Basic User

Basic User
9/7/2008 10:54:58 AM reply with quote send message to Tiggertot Object to Post

try living in the uk , then you might really have something to woryy about , lol
 Peace Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/12/2008 8:08:29 AM reply with quote send message to Peace Kennels Object to Post

Gas prices falling...3.40 in some places where I live!

~Peace
 Demented Psyche
Basic User

Basic User
9/12/2008 11:17:21 AM reply with quote send message to Demented Psyche Object to Post

They are about to go up about $1.00 with the hurricane in the gulf coast though. -_- They are already going up here...

Stupid oil companies finding any excuse to hike prices. razz :p

~Morgan
 Karene
Basic User

Basic User
9/19/2008 1:49:46 PM reply with quote send message to Karene Object to Post

I drive a V8 Grand Cherokee and the gas prices are driving me up the wall. It's not uncommon for me to put $50 in the tank. I just moved to SIUC, so now I don't drive nearly as much and haven't had to fill up the Jeep in about three weeks. laugh :D

Yay for pedal power! laugh :D
 ShonastarStarlight
Basic User

Basic User
9/19/2008 2:12:18 PM reply with quote send message to ShonastarStarlight Object to Post

I realise this is the USA forum but, just wanted to say...in the UK where I live, petrol is now at £1.14 per litre! That's a small drop in the past two weeks from around £1.24 per litre.

It's hitting everyone really badly and, if you're like me and live out in the countryside with no public transport....you just have to try not to travel as often!

Sorry if I've hyjacked or anything, just wanted to let people know how bad it is here. happy :)

Shona.
 nat888
Basic User

Basic User
9/25/2008 10:04:40 AM reply with quote send message to nat888 Object to Post

We seem to average $10 a gallon in the UK at the moment
 Demented Psyche
Basic User

Basic User
9/25/2008 10:27:26 AM reply with quote send message to Demented Psyche Object to Post

posted by nat888
We seem to average $10 a gallon in the UK at the moment
:O I got gas yesterday for $3.89. I was, sadly, happy with that. I remember when it was .79cents a gallon. I want that back! I could fill my car for less than 10 bucks! Now 10 barely gets a quarter of a tank.

~Morgan

Replies in this thread : 83
Page : 1 2 3 4 5
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.