Search

.com Forum · American Forum

Replies in this thread : 83
Page : 1 2 3 4 5
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Gas prices - just venting!
 Demented Psyche
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/11/2008 11:12:42 PM reply with quote send message to Demented Psyche Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

GOOD GRIEF!!! Today was the first time I filled up my car in two weeks. My Husband only works two days a week and we go nowhere else so it was no big deal. Well around two weeks ago from almost a completely empty tank it took right at 30 dollars to fill, 31 if I was moving by magic today...$45 dollars in only a few weeks! This was cheap gas at shell too. The car itself has a 13 gallon tank and gets around 35mpg. Man, this sucks! I am getting a Masters degree in a few years and my present to myself was going to be a Nissan Armada or something similar. Ya know, a big over sized gas guzzler that I don't need but can afford. Just a reward but now, no way. I am thinking a nice large sedan! Cause, damn.

This is my car FYI. I love it! It's gas mileage is the bomb and that makes me happy.

I can't imagine what people with big SUVs are going through!

~Morgan
 Ireland Green Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/12/2008 12:45:41 AM reply with quote send message to Ireland Green Kennels Object to Post

We had a huge problem with Gas prices too Morgan, my mom had to fill our van up for the show and we spent $75 to fill the tank full. It's insane! Wounder what the prices will be at in 2-3 or ever 4 years away from now!

-Erin
 Brutally Honest
Basic User

Basic User
6/12/2008 6:22:42 AM reply with quote send message to Brutally Honest Object to Post

Morgan...Right now I'm driving a suburban. Because of gas prices, I've never had the pleasure of filling it up completely but I'd imagine by now it would be over $100. $20 gets me less than a quarter tank. @_@ I didn't get this car by choice, its my dads'given to me after my 4 runner blew up. X_x
~Kate
 AgilityQueen
Basic User

Basic User
6/12/2008 7:58:55 AM reply with quote send message to AgilityQueen Object to Post

Well we have a big suv and use it mostly when taking the dogs places wich i begining to be almost four nights a week plus travling to shows on weekeds.The news was saying that if we keep useing gas the way we are then it will be aroundseven to eight dollars by the end of the summer!I be riding my bicycle to shows...lol

AgilityQueen
 Templar Knights
Basic User

Basic User
6/12/2008 9:12:16 AM reply with quote send message to Templar Knights Object to Post

Ooh gas prices!
I have the pleasure of living in the area with the highest prcies in the country!
It's no fun I tell you...when I got my car (a Stratus Sedan) about 5 years ago $20 was a full tank..even last year $30 was a full tank...now I am at almost $50!!!!

Eeeeek!
 Fantasias
Basic User

Basic User
6/12/2008 9:43:15 AM reply with quote send message to Fantasias Object to Post

I have a Ford Expedition (big V8 SUV) and went to some shows last weekend a couple hours away. It was 87 dollars to fill up (not quite empty) one way, and the pump coming back turns off at $75, so I just called it quitslaugh :D Wasn't full yet!

I don't go anywhere except the grocery store or necessary (absolutey necessary) places nowsad :( The economy will go down the drain with people not being able to go out and spend money. And here we have plenty of our own oil we could drill from.....

Wendy
 FallenStarz
Basic User

Basic User
6/12/2008 9:54:01 AM reply with quote send message to FallenStarz Object to Post

Count yourself lucky you dont have to fill up more often, Morgan!

We put $40 in the tank on the Malibu yesterday and it wasn't full. In 2-3 days we'll have to fill up again! Livin out in the middle of no where and John working a little more then an hour away really hurts. The local gas station is at 4.20/gal and where we go grocery shopping (...a half hour away) is 3.96/g. Ouch!

We had been looking at buying a truck.. then noticed it was diesel.. No thanks!
 DeadSet
Basic User

Basic User
6/12/2008 12:55:51 PM reply with quote send message to DeadSet Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Well, for NOW I don't. I don't know what I will do in the fall!

34.1 miles - Taking my husband to and from work. He loves south of our home.

42.2 miles - Taking myself to and from school! I go to school north of our home.

=

76.3 miles a day! YACK!

So I have to start out in the middle, drive south to his work, then backtrack and pass where we live and go north, then backtrack again back to hubby's work and from there go home.

I realllllly don't want to take classes online - my motivation is nil! I learn better in a desk but...I may not be able to afford NOT to. The tuition will probably be LESS than gas!

~Morgan
 flamincomet
Basic User

Basic User
6/12/2008 3:36:04 PM reply with quote send message to flamincomet Object to Post

Count yourselves lucky, Jair is a delivery driver for Papa Johns and he does AT LEAST 100 miles every shift. I don't even have my own car yet, but I'm not looking forward to it. X_x

Autumn
 Dogs of Rockwood
Basic User

Basic User
6/12/2008 3:40:42 PM reply with quote send message to Dogs of Rockwood Object to Post

We have a Chevy Trailblazer, and it's just outragous how much it costs, around $65 to fill it up. Better than the Durango though, good thing we sold that one.

-Cassie
 Shybade
Basic User

Basic User
6/12/2008 7:19:20 PM reply with quote send message to Shybade Object to Post

Thankfully, I don't drive too much. I only work 2-3 days a week, and that's a total of 15 miles a day there and back. Usually I run errands one morning a week- which is only a couple miles, and every other weekend I drive 120 miles round trip to the lake for a night.

I tend to always fill up my tank before it hits the half tank mark... and the last time I filled it (1/2 tank) it was $53. I have a Dodge Intrepid, and can usually get 2 weeks out of a half tank of gas.. not bad, but it used to cost me $30 for 1/2 tank...and I remember complaining about [$30 lol
 Circle A Havanese
Basic User

Basic User
6/13/2008 7:36:03 AM reply with quote send message to Circle A Havanese Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Try filling up a RV.
Ours is 28 ft long, a 90 gallon tank and gets terrible milage.
You do the math.
$180.00+ for half a tank!
Could explain why it is just parked in the backyard for now.

ETA: looks like we'll be vacationing in the yard this year.
 Brutally Honest
Basic User

Basic User
6/13/2008 11:10:53 AM reply with quote send message to Brutally Honest Object to Post

So how much is it per gallon around the States?
Its about $4.29 per gallon in Long Island, NY but I know its cheaper in NJ, around 3.90?
~Kate
 sarahj
Basic User

Basic User
6/13/2008 2:16:52 PM reply with quote send message to sarahj Object to Post

Gosh, they said they could get to $5.00! JEEZ!
 FallenStarz
Basic User

Basic User
6/13/2008 2:21:49 PM reply with quote send message to FallenStarz Object to Post

Gas is anywhere between 3.96-4.20 in my area(Southern Indiana). I was talking to my friend in the Netherlands, where he pays over $5 per gallon.

Stephval Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/13/2008 2:29:28 PM reply with quote send message to Stephval Kennels Object to Post

Thank goodness for the MTA laugh :D To and from work: $4.

But around my parts, gas is around $4.20/gallon which has turned me off from driving anywhere greatly. I was thinking of driving to Six Flags this year but price figuring, I'm better off using the Port Authority.

`Roni
 Little Rosebuds
Basic User

Basic User
6/13/2008 2:56:59 PM reply with quote send message to Little Rosebuds Object to Post

My mom has a (Honda?) Santa Fe~...2005?.... avg $50ish(sumtimes 40$ sometimes closer to 60$) to fill up...

my dads Toyato Tundra fills up at around $70 i think

i get my license in march...and im afraid of what gas will be then...im looking into hybrids soon...because i wanted an F150 or F250 but at this rate that wont be happening...
 Sierralone
Basic User

Basic User
6/15/2008 4:26:07 PM reply with quote send message to Sierralone Object to Post

posted by Templar Knights
Ooh gas prices!
I have the pleasure of living in the area with the highest prcies in the country!
It's no fun I tell you...when I got my car (a Stratus Sedan) about 5 years ago $20 was a full tank..even last year $30 was a full tank...now I am at almost $50!!!!

Eeeeek!

I think my state ranks 2nd highest gas prices...at least I have a small car...a seabring, but its still expensive...

Best picture I could find of my car...ingnore my dog!
 Lugo Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/15/2008 5:45:02 PM reply with quote send message to Lugo Kennels Object to Post

These gas prices are sucking us dry! Here in Arizona, we use alot of gas, especially because we have our AC on full blast 24/7. Gas has already gone over $4.00 and keeps rising!!
 Romance Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/15/2008 6:02:49 PM reply with quote send message to Romance Kennels Object to Post

My uncle drives a huge ford truck.

It gets 17 mpg and costs 120$ to fill up because he has to buy diesel! He fills it up almost every day!

Im afraid of what our economys going to come to.

Which is I plan on running for senate one day. To help out.

If you live in Texas vote for Maeghan in 20 years! Lol.

Early and FREE campaining.
 WitchyLove
Basic User

Basic User
6/15/2008 6:06:59 PM reply with quote send message to WitchyLove Object to Post

Well my car (ford fusion, 6 cyl) took 58 to fill yesterday, the truck (chevy s10, 4 cyl) took around 45 but we dont drive it that often, i cant drive stick.. And then the hubbys truck is a 88 ford, no idea what the mileage is but it has two tanks, one is 18 gal and the second is 16 gal, i try not to think what that one costs to fill, we dont drive that one AT ALL!

ugh..

Replies in this thread : 83
Page : 1 2 3 4 5
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler