Search

Showdog.com Forum · Maltese

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Maltese Mania....News,views & updates,please post!
 ~*Angel*Dreams*~
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
7/14/2017 9:54:42 AM reply with quote send message to ~*Angel*Dreams*~ Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Hello,
This is just a little note about some additional Maltese Specialty Shows that will be each Tuesday in August.So far there's only 2 set up,on the 1st,and the 8th.Since we're seeing quite a few "leap dogs" in almost everyone's kennel that are over 88%SOP,I was hoping we could all use these Tuesdays Shows so everyone who's got many sessioned dogs still in the 87's range could use these shows to compete and finish all our 87-88%SOP dogs.Maybe after getting a actual Group placement last week with my low showshine,just under 88(87.95%) girl we could all only enter dogs under 88% in the upcoming Tuesdays in August Specialties Shows.It's obviously not a rule but I think we'd all benefit from our 87's having this additional chance of points to be finishable,while anything over 88% should easily finish through the many confirmation shows.It's just a an idea because I'm pretty sure many of us,prior to the leap dogs,sessioned 87's.I also wanted to congratulate everyone with all the great dogs,I have a male who'll be up for stud next week who's 88.40! Another thought is now that we've got more than 2 active players in Maltese we could start sharing our ideas,triumphs,and all news in our breed forum! Additional congrats to Hitari-a MALE with 88.70% SOP just born! Her stud that's done wonderfully in the Show Ring is the proud papa! I'm copying this to the Maltese Breed Message Boards where we can all share! Please post your thoughts,ideas etc.
Thanks to everyone for all your efforts to bring this little breed back to greatness!
Barbara

-----
Last edited by ~*Angel*Dreams*~ on 7/14/2017 9:55:27 AM
 Novus
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/14/2017 9:16:25 PM reply with quote send message to Novus Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

re: Group placements:

I had gotten a Group 4 under Brandon Gagnon (with CH Hitari Dreams On Hold) and a Group 4 under Anthony Lara on July 9th (with your boy, CH Angels Amaze Me at Novus). I forgot to tell you because it's such small competition but it is happening as we breed dogs closer to the standard happy :)

also, I got another 88%+ yesterday out of your boy, American Dream:
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15789509

and I have no problem with withholding on those specialties if that is something we all want to do...
-----
Last edited by Novus on 7/14/2017 9:17:35 PM

-----
Last edited by Novus on 7/14/2017 9:20:09 PM
 Grasslans
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/14/2017 9:52:14 PM reply with quote send message to Grasslans Object to Post

Congrats on the wins. I have no one at 88. So I'm fine with only entering 87's laugh :D
 ~*Angel*Dreams*~
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/15/2017 7:47:39 AM reply with quote send message to ~*Angel*Dreams*~ Object to Post

Now we seem to be getting some more placements in Group,this little girl of mine got 2nd in last night's show:
www.showdog.com/users/showresults.aspx?id=15749357
I'm unsure that link to her shows work so here's her link:
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15749357
I'm so excited to be playing in the big leagues (lol) It's a big deal for Maltese! Thanks everyone who's willing to use the Tuesdays in August Shows for finishing our 87's!
Let's try to keep each other posted here so we can all support each other also! My 88.40 SOP boy will be up for public stud next week!
Barbara
 ~*Angel*Dreams*~
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/16/2017 8:03:15 AM reply with quote send message to ~*Angel*Dreams*~ Object to Post

I just realized that the Specialties I set up every Tuesday throughout August for everyone to Champion their dogs who're not finished are not set up as "no handlers"! I thought I'd clicked that but looking through my 7 entries of dogs in the 87's (non-Champions) it's not hamlet free.I'm unsure if it's fixable since everything has changed so much since I last played actively in 09.We could all just agree not to use handlers...
Thoughts,ideas,what do we all want to do?
Thanks,Barbara
 Novus
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/16/2017 12:36:30 PM reply with quote send message to Novus Object to Post

I have no problem keeping them handler free.

You have handlers on two of your boys currently, though wink ;)
 Hitari Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/17/2017 10:19:48 AM reply with quote send message to Hitari Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I'm fine with not using handlers, I very rarely use handlers anyway.

As to the topic of SOP, I don't pay to much attention to it really.

My focus has never been on high SOP. My focus has always been on removing green traits and improving the overall trait numbers of my dogs. If you improve the traits the SOP will follow.

I am still sessioning dogs in the 86 range as they have traits I specifically need to improve my dogs overall.

A more efficient way of breaking down the shows would be by designating a show for non champions, champions and grand champions.

Dogs will finish much faster this way rather than by trying to group them by SOP.

This is the way I show all my dogs and I find that I finish dogs much more quickly as you do not have Champions taking points from non finished dogs.

As to the specialties I enter all dogs regardless of whether they are finished or not.

-----
Last edited by Hitari Kennels on 7/17/2017 10:33:30 AM

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.