Search

.com Forum · Maltese

Replies in this thread : 33
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

~*Angel*Dreams*~
Basic User

Basic User
8/17/2017 8:14:25 AM reply with quote send message to ~*Angel*Dreams*~ Object to Post

Yay! And it's a boy too! Congratulations Novus,it been a long while since I've seen temp with a nice number!
 ~*Angel*Dreams*~
Basic User

Basic User
8/18/2017 9:01:18 AM reply with quote send message to ~*Angel*Dreams*~ Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

When looking through a few of the the batch of puppies from a breeding out of Ace I just noticed that 1 of the almost 20 day old bitches also has a 9.1 temperament but a pretty poor head 9.0.
I'll probably show her just until she's of age then breed her to a male with a couple gen. good head.
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15815843
I am hoping as the overall SOP keeps raising a couple of the traits in real-life AKC Maltese start improving,the 2 that I'm trying to help MalteseDreams start building upon are size & coat.So anyone with litters please check to see if there's anything with either of those higher traits!
Thanks, Barbara

-----
Last edited by ~*Angel*Dreams*~ on 8/18/2017 9:02:04 AM
 Novus
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/25/2017 8:20:37 AM reply with quote send message to Novus Object to Post

Another big day for Moonlight Memory!

Today, she meets the requirements for her Silver GCH title. On top of that, she took NBISS again and a Group 4 with real group competition under newcomer judge George Wilson.

I've never had a dog do this well with excellent competition!

-----
Last edited by Novus on 8/25/2017 9:55:12 AM
 Novus
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/30/2017 11:11:59 AM reply with quote send message to Novus Object to Post

Congratulations to Darling for finishing #1 this month AND rounding out this month as the #10 TOY! happy :)

Moonlight Memory ends the month as the #5 Toy, thanks to all the wonderful specialities Hitari has hosted over the month.

Best of luck tomorrow at the SDWC and onto September!

Basic User

Basic User
9/2/2017 9:38:26 AM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

It's a Boy!!!

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15882886
I have named him after an historical Am/Col/Ven/PR and FCI Int CH (kennel name left out) Risque' Business ROMX, sire of 107 champions.
Risque' has now garnered the most prestigious claim possible for any Sire - Top Producing Sire of All Time in the world!! In real life who's been famous not just for his amazing Show Career but for most male heir produced easily earning Championships.He was extremely famous for producing great Show Champions and had very long waiting lists for his progeny.From what I've read it's still very important to have his bloodlines somewhere within the 3 generation pedigree.Having been out of the Show/Breeding world for a few decades I still enjoy following the careers of the 'Greats'!
I had hope we'd break into the 90's% SOP by year end,but since we're all into some nice 88%'s we're also seeing other traits coming up with 9's! It's very exciting and feels like we'll soon be giving other Toys some competition!
 MalteseDreams
Basic User

Basic User
9/2/2017 9:39:01 AM reply with quote send message to MalteseDreams Object to Post

It's a Boy!!!

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15882886
I have named him after an historical Am/Col/Ven/PR and FCI Int CH (kennel name left out) Risque' Business ROMX, sire of 107 champions.
Risque' has now garnered the most prestigious claim possible for any Sire - Top Producing Sire of All Time in the world!! In real life who's been famous not just for his amazing Show Career but for most male heir produced easily earning Championships.He was extremely famous for producing great Show Champions and had very long waiting lists for his progeny.From what I've read it's still very important to have his bloodlines somewhere within the 3 generation pedigree.Having been out of the Show/Breeding world for a few decades I still enjoy following the careers of the 'Greats'!
I had hope we'd break into the 90's% SOP by year end,but since we're all into some nice 88%'s we're also seeing other traits coming up with 9's! It's very exciting and feels like we'll soon be giving other Toys some competition!
 Novus
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/4/2017 5:33:36 PM reply with quote send message to Novus Object to Post

I love when they're boys! Congrats happy :) Can't wait to see him in the ring. Nice reg name, as well.

Also --
I'll be hosting specialty shows when I can.
Maltese Mixer 2, 3, and 4 on 9/6, 9/7, and 9/8 respectively, $5. Catch some majors!

-----
Last edited by Novus on 9/4/2017 5:33:59 PM
 ~*Angel*Dreams*~
Basic User

Basic User
9/6/2017 9:05:04 AM reply with quote send message to ~*Angel*Dreams*~ Object to Post

Thank you both for the Specialties! I'll try and add some in between also.
We are definitely improving with the overall traits,my last few litters have quite a few 9.0 beyond the important head,I now am seeing 9's in temp,and even size & gaits!I will have to clear out some older good,even sessioned possibly to make room for the newer pups with more 9.'s so if anyone in our breed has room please let me know! I will put some up on approval so they stay with the others who's worked so hard to bring us up.
Thank you,Barbara
 ~*Angel*Dreams*~
Basic User

Basic User
9/18/2017 10:15:59 AM reply with quote send message to ~*Angel*Dreams*~ Object to Post

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO NOVUS!!!
After many years of my Snowflake Shine-
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=4289475
Born in 2006 being the All Time #1 Maltese
who'd beaten 1,526 other Maltese and had 5 BISS,who was generation 28 with 0%COI and had an SOP of 86.50 20ss.
I started this game practically at it's beginning and at one point in time was confined to 16 months of laying totally flat complete bedrest so all I had was this and with kennel aids ran over 5 family sub.s! Probably dabbled in nearly every breed on here but Maltese always was my special favorite because my therapy dog was a Maltese who was an Angel!
But now,finally after over a decade we have a new All Time #1 and it's a female which is even harder being they're normally producing offspring which sometimes holds up their show careers! But Novus really did a great job,and in honor of our newest #1 All Time girl,I am creating Specialties in her name!
Huge,Huge Congrats,again Novus!
you should be So proud of this occasion!
*side note we're recently getting traits other than tnb & head with 9's anyone with some new traits that either doesn't have room or isn't interested in sessioning,showing etc. please contact me I'll find room!
Barbara
 Novus
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/18/2017 7:23:23 PM reply with quote send message to Novus Object to Post

Thank you, Barbara! I can't believe how much she has accomplished in such a short space of time. Truly a unique (fake) dog ... laugh :D

Also --
my Darling kid is now up for stud: 88.90 SOP, 9.5 head
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15854307

Hope we can all get some nice kids out of him!
 Novus
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/18/2017 7:25:31 PM reply with quote send message to Novus Object to Post

Also, I have added payouts for BOB/WD/WB for Nationals this month! Everyone, please enter! Nice big payout this month (currently at a little over $2,000).
 ~*Angel*Dreams*~
Basic User

Basic User
9/23/2017 9:41:31 AM reply with quote send message to ~*Angel*Dreams*~ Object to Post

Thank you for the Specialties and payouts for September Nationals!
I have some dogs being shown that each have 9's in other traits than the usual tnb & head(which is usually most important).Now other traits are getting stronger.
I was curious as to where we are with the highest SOP?
I am thinking we will close in on 90% by January possibly? Where is everyone?
Thanks,Barbara
 Novus
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/23/2017 8:27:44 PM reply with quote send message to Novus Object to Post

Not sure about top SOPs but I do have this nice girl, no light blues or greens:

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15919786

Replies in this thread : 33
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.