Search

.com Forum · Maltese

Replies in this thread : 33
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Maltese Mania....News,views & updates,please post!
 ~*Angel*Dreams*~
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/14/2017 9:54:42 AM reply with quote send message to ~*Angel*Dreams*~ Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Hello,
This is just a little note about some additional Maltese Specialty Shows that will be each Tuesday in August.So far there's only 2 set up,on the 1st,and the 8th.Since we're seeing quite a few "leap dogs" in almost everyone's kennel that are over 88%SOP,I was hoping we could all use these Tuesdays Shows so everyone who's got many sessioned dogs still in the 87's range could use these shows to compete and finish all our 87-88%SOP dogs.Maybe after getting a actual Group placement last week with my low showshine,just under 88(87.95%) girl we could all only enter dogs under 88% in the upcoming Tuesdays in August Specialties Shows.It's obviously not a rule but I think we'd all benefit from our 87's having this additional chance of points to be finishable,while anything over 88% should easily finish through the many confirmation shows.It's just a an idea because I'm pretty sure many of us,prior to the leap dogs,sessioned 87's.I also wanted to congratulate everyone with all the great dogs,I have a male who'll be up for stud next week who's 88.40! Another thought is now that we've got more than 2 active players in Maltese we could start sharing our ideas,triumphs,and all news in our breed forum! Additional congrats to Hitari-a MALE with 88.70% SOP just born! Her stud that's done wonderfully in the Show Ring is the proud papa! I'm copying this to the Maltese Breed Message Boards where we can all share! Please post your thoughts,ideas etc.
Thanks to everyone for all your efforts to bring this little breed back to greatness!
Barbara

-----
Last edited by ~*Angel*Dreams*~ on 7/14/2017 9:55:27 AM
 Novus
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/14/2017 9:16:25 PM reply with quote send message to Novus Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

re: Group placements:

I had gotten a Group 4 under Brandon Gagnon (with CH Hitari Dreams On Hold) and a Group 4 under Anthony Lara on July 9th (with your boy, CH Angels Amaze Me at Novus). I forgot to tell you because it's such small competition but it is happening as we breed dogs closer to the standard happy :)

also, I got another 88%+ yesterday out of your boy, American Dream:
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15789509

and I have no problem with withholding on those specialties if that is something we all want to do...
-----
Last edited by Novus on 7/14/2017 9:17:35 PM

-----
Last edited by Novus on 7/14/2017 9:20:09 PM
 Grasslans
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/14/2017 9:52:14 PM reply with quote send message to Grasslans Object to Post

Congrats on the wins. I have no one at 88. So I'm fine with only entering 87's laugh :D
 ~*Angel*Dreams*~
Basic User

Basic User
7/15/2017 7:47:39 AM reply with quote send message to ~*Angel*Dreams*~ Object to Post

Now we seem to be getting some more placements in Group,this little girl of mine got 2nd in last night's show:
www.showdog.com/users/showresults.aspx?id=15749357
I'm unsure that link to her shows work so here's her link:
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15749357
I'm so excited to be playing in the big leagues (lol) It's a big deal for Maltese! Thanks everyone who's willing to use the Tuesdays in August Shows for finishing our 87's!
Let's try to keep each other posted here so we can all support each other also! My 88.40 SOP boy will be up for public stud next week!
Barbara
 ~*Angel*Dreams*~
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2017 8:03:15 AM reply with quote send message to ~*Angel*Dreams*~ Object to Post

I just realized that the Specialties I set up every Tuesday throughout August for everyone to Champion their dogs who're not finished are not set up as "no handlers"! I thought I'd clicked that but looking through my 7 entries of dogs in the 87's (non-Champions) it's not hamlet free.I'm unsure if it's fixable since everything has changed so much since I last played actively in 09.We could all just agree not to use handlers...
Thoughts,ideas,what do we all want to do?
Thanks,Barbara
 Novus
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/16/2017 12:36:30 PM reply with quote send message to Novus Object to Post

I have no problem keeping them handler free.

You have handlers on two of your boys currently, though wink ;)
 Hitari Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/17/2017 10:19:48 AM reply with quote send message to Hitari Kennels Object to Post

I'm fine with not using handlers, I very rarely use handlers anyway.

As to the topic of SOP, I don't pay to much attention to it really.

My focus has never been on high SOP. My focus has always been on removing green traits and improving the overall trait numbers of my dogs. If you improve the traits the SOP will follow.

I am still sessioning dogs in the 86 range as they have traits I specifically need to improve my dogs overall.

A more efficient way of breaking down the shows would be by designating a show for non champions, champions and grand champions.

Dogs will finish much faster this way rather than by trying to group them by SOP.

This is the way I show all my dogs and I find that I finish dogs much more quickly as you do not have Champions taking points from non finished dogs.

As to the specialties I enter all dogs regardless of whether they are finished or not.

-----
Last edited by Hitari Kennels on 7/17/2017 10:33:30 AM
 Novus
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/24/2017 6:36:06 AM reply with quote send message to Novus Object to Post

If I may brag --

First BISS with Moonlight Memory today! I'm so impressed with her happy :)

Good luck at Nationals tomorrow, everyone!
 ~*Angel*Dreams*~
Basic User

Basic User
7/24/2017 9:04:20 AM reply with quote send message to ~*Angel*Dreams*~ Object to Post

Congratulations! I'm happy for you! And also on finally getting an 88%.
I now have a little girl who's made me proud in just 3 days of Shows.She's already gotten majors in 2 Specialties! Finished her Championship at 17 days!
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15774348
I hope everyone does well in the Big Show. I have that nice boy with 88.40 who's going in & should show nicely!
*fingers crossed*
 Novus
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/25/2017 12:45:01 PM reply with quote send message to Novus Object to Post

I'm certainly having a little bit of beginner's luck!
I really can't wait to breed that girl laugh :D

Many thanks to Patty and Barbara for your help... certainly makes a difference when starting with a smaller breed here.

Onto the SDWC, best of luck to all!
 Novus
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/3/2017 2:33:22 PM reply with quote send message to Novus Object to Post

Got my new personal kennel high SOP today, and he's a boy happy :)

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15828016
 Novus
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/5/2017 9:37:28 PM reply with quote send message to Novus Object to Post

I feel like I post here a lot but Moonlight Memory earned her bronze GCH today! I don't think I've had so much success with a dog so early in a kennel. Still thinking about who to breed her too happy :)
 ~*Angel*Dreams*~
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2017 9:08:12 AM reply with quote send message to ~*Angel*Dreams*~ Object to Post

Congratulations Novus,I haven't been able to post much because I've got some terrible infection and being a quadriplegic I try very hard not to end up hospitalized.Once they've admitted someone like me,they tend to keep you up to 2 weeks most times.After my original injury I actually lived at the hospital for almost 5 months paralyzed from my neck down,eventually my pinky finger would move so then I went to inpatient physical & occupational therapy to get some physical functions strengthened.Only my left hand and leg were somewhat able to regain some muscle memory but being right handed I had to learn to use a left hand,my right is shriveling up,and the shoulder and rest of left arm is still unusable only the hand,which complicates using that hand when the rest of the arm is nonfunctional.Same with my left leg,it hold me up to pivot from wheelchair to bed,but hips also paralyzed so now it's been 27 years since my injury (spinal cord followed by major stroke) I was 29 when it happened.So now I tend to easily get infections but have to try to avoid being hospitalized because I also am antibiotic resistant.Sorry for writing a book but it's hard to explain my situation without having explained the background.I apologize if it's tmi,but on my good days,I am able to sit at the PC for 2 hours and I'm strongest early,I am unable to sit much past 1pm with getting on here,washed up,changed and eat.During an infection I'm normally pushing it to be up 2 hours,I always hoping to avoid hospital.
As it's taken me 2 days to write this,Il switch subjects back to Maltese now.
In my last 2 litters were between 87.80-88.70(a female sad :(
A couple were 88.05,so 5 pups savable.I did have to fh some boys who either didn't show well or produced blah puppies with those green traits.I used to have my own lines from 2002-2009 at MalteseDreams but being their deceased I'm moving a few dogs there,more for breeding than showing though.I'm extremely excited that you & Hitari have nice boys that'll maybe help us break into the 90's,way before Christmas which was the hope prior to the new players and our joint efforts to breed great Maltese,together.
Apologies again and I'll try to post more depending on how well I'm able to treat myself at home this week.
Sincerely,Barbara
 Hitari Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/8/2017 10:51:28 PM reply with quote send message to Hitari Kennels Object to Post

I haven't posted here yet and I just wanted to touch base with all the other players in the breed.

Darling will be up for public stud in a few days as soon as he is 30 days.

Since I like a good challenge and since I now have other players to show against I am going to start sponsoring a specialty every night.
 Novus
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/8/2017 11:25:31 PM reply with quote send message to Novus Object to Post

Exciting! Thank you, Patty happy :) I'll add some payouts.
 MalteseDreams
Basic User

Basic User
8/11/2017 8:36:49 AM reply with quote send message to MalteseDreams Object to Post

I was wondering where our SOP is currently? I think almost everyone has something over the 88% SOP now....?
I appreciate the specialties so much,and will enter everything that's sessioned.
I have some nice pups up for sale and will take whatever is offered.
As far as what's our highest SOP,could someone enlighten me please.I just found a 88.85 pup but of course it's a bitch,lol. Thank you to everyone who's been so helpful!
My project actually was working on getting higher traits in both size and coat,so if everyone would please let me know if they've discovered anything with anything nearer to the darker blues or 9's that could be useful I would definitely be interested but if it's overall SOP is below 87.50 it may not be usable! Thanks!
 Hitari Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/11/2017 11:10:12 AM reply with quote send message to Hitari Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I believe the 88.85 would be the current high at the moment but with Darling up for stud I expect to reach 89 pretty soon.

As to the size and coat traits I have this dog who has an 8.8 in size, he will be up for stud at 30 days.

showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15829243

I also have a bitch who has an 8.9 in size. As far as coat goes all of my dogs are in the low 8s.

As far as SOP goes I don't pay much attention to it really. I breed for overall traits and as they go up the SOP will go up.

I won't keep anything anymore with a green trait, though I do have a few older brood animals with greens that I will be moving out soon.

I have dogs that are right at 87 that I keep because they are all blue, you need to look at the traits and place more emphasis on them than the SOP number.

The SOP is actually not even a true part of the game. The SOP was a user created number that used to not even be accurately calculated in game. You had to copy and paste all the traits into a program on a user created website called Skipwall.

The highest SOP dog does not always win, if they did BIS would go to the same dog night after night until a higher SOPed dog was born and started showing.

The only reason Darling has such a high SOP for the breed is because he has a 9.5 as a head trait. For Maltese the head trait is considered the most important and is worth 20 pts. I actually have lower SOP dogs with much better overall traits than him, but since he had such a high leap in the head trait he will almost always go BOB against dogs with lower numbers for head.

-----
Last edited by Hitari Kennels on 8/11/2017 11:21:53 AM
 Komorebi
Basic User

Basic User
8/11/2017 7:24:56 PM reply with quote send message to Komorebi Object to Post

I haven't posted on here much as I haven't had much to brag about yet, lol! :P Then I signed into SD this AM and ... wow!

Firstly though - before I introduce you to some new pups - I wanted to say a massive Thank You to every Maltese breeder who has helped me out by providing me with pups and broods to start my foundation in the breed. Without your generosity this kennel wouldn't have been able to come about happy :)

As I don't have much time for SD these days I haven't been able to focus my attention on this breed and therefore my kennel is a bit of a shambles and I haven't really had enough time to build myself a decent establishment, hahaha - so I don't feel like I've truly 'earned' this beautiful pup :P

. . .

Introducing:

Komorebi - End of Innocence

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15841896

89.15% (20SS) happy :)

Whilst I am very happy with her SOP, I am aware that she does have a mix of both good and weak traits.

However – the thing that made me really feel shocked – was when I looked at her parents!

Dam: Komorebi – Landslide
(87.05% - Adjusted SOP = 88.00% if her SS was 20)
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?name=Komorebi%20-%20Landslide

‘Landslide’ is quite the surprise parcel – and has now earned herself the badge of ‘Leap Pup Producer’ :P Her daughter is 2.1% SOP points higher than herself!

Sire: The very handsome - GCH Novus Anatole (88.15% 20SS)
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?name=Ch%20Novus%20Anatole

Anatole has already proven himself (at quite a young age) of being a fantastic producer! He already has MANY pups with SOPs >88%!! Congrats Novus - he's brilliant! happy :)

This pairing has also created:

Komorebi – Heaven Help Me
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15841895
88.80% (20SS)

Komorebi – Rhythm Nation
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15841894
88.20% (20SS)

Looking forward to seeing these kids in the ring once they're trained up!

happy :)

-----
Last edited by Komorebi on 8/11/2017 7:43:52 PM
 Novus
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/11/2017 9:06:40 PM reply with quote send message to Novus Object to Post

Congrats!

I am seeing so many pretty Anatole kids and he won't produce a good thing for me haha
Can't wait to see her in the ring happy :)
 MalteseDreams
Basic User

Basic User
8/12/2017 9:06:52 AM reply with quote send message to MalteseDreams Object to Post

I'm so glad we have more players involved in Maltese now!
A big thank you to Patty for the Specialties and Darling being up! Yes,I remember skipwall's program.I agree that SOP isn't everything but it's a part of SD that makes it exciting.Of course everyone plays their own way and with the leap dogs help we are nearing the other Toy Breeds that are played on here.
I am glad that the players new to Maltese have exciting pups coming.Although they're all bitches,their offspring may just put us over 90%!
If anyone has any pups with good coats & size over 87% please contact me!
I also put pups up for sale today,all offers accepted!
 Novus
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/14/2017 4:27:40 PM reply with quote send message to Novus Object to Post

Ok, I take back what I said about Anatole laugh :D

showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15850182

No 89, but a 9.0 in temperament!

Replies in this thread : 33
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.