Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 47
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Keepsake Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/15/2018 11:59:39 PM reply with quote send message to Keepsake Kennels Object to Post

Reset all breeds.
 Dreisaiah Hundehutte
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/16/2018 6:41:28 PM reply with quote send message to Dreisaiah Hundehutte Object to Post

I think I would quit if all breeds were reset.
 Gallant
Basic User

Basic User
7/21/2018 2:17:24 PM reply with quote send message to Gallant Object to Post

I left the game, but will 100% come back if there is a reset!!!
 WishMaker
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/22/2018 11:17:03 PM reply with quote send message to WishMaker Object to Post

I would probably leave the game if all breeds were reset. The reason is I've been working on my source line since 2006 and it would be for nothing if my breed was reset sad :(

WishMaker
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
7/24/2018 7:05:46 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I've picked do nothing. If people are in breeds where perfect dogs are now all too common and they don't like it they can simply pick another breed where there is no perfect dogs. If enough players did that those breeds could in effect reset themselves. It's happened before where a breed was so unpopular no one was playing them so people could start from source dogs and show them competitively at breed level. It's only the minority of breeds this is an issue in.

A reset is a terrible idea and just punishes those who have spent years and money working on their lines. Last time this came up the game was not reset but tweaked how we saw the numbers. It made a big difference between the old view and the current view. Some wernt happy and left but the dog were still the same dogs. Maby add in another decimal place but it would still get back to the most popular breeds becoming perfect again.

I've been working on my vallhund line here for 11 years as a paid member. (First kennel princepompaid started in 2007). If all that work is wasted I sure as hell would not play anymore as what would be the point if once a popular breed once again got back to 100 my work would be whiped again?

-----
Last edited by PPvallhunds on 7/24/2018 7:09:00 PM
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/26/2018 1:11:49 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I picked Do NOT do a general reset.

Otherwise it does not matter to me - none of my breeds are dealing with the 100% problem.

A general reset is unfair to all those other breeds that keep getting set back over and over.

Perhaps the poll should be on a breed by breed basis - if Samoyed are at 100%, let the Sammy folks decide whether they want a reset or whatever. Likewise for the Goldens or anyone else.

Leave the rest of us out of it!

And yes, breeders can easily reset themselves simply by using a starter stud. If all breeders in this position obtained one starter male and FH'd all their other males then bred each of their remaining bitches to that stud the problem would be solved in a couple of months. If they all cooperated and interbred the results of the first gen with their fellow breeders they should be able to avoid any COI issues. FH most if not all the "100" bitches. Done and solved. Of course, this requires cooperation.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 7/27/2018 12:33:06 PM
 Black Lotus
Basic User

Basic User
7/29/2018 11:23:45 AM reply with quote send message to Black Lotus Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

You know I voted for individually, but the more I think about it, the more I think even the playing field in batches or limited amounts. Though I'd hate to see my decade + line get wiped, honestly

-----
Last edited by Black Lotus on 7/29/2018 11:26:34 AM

Replies in this thread : 47
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.