.com Forum · Canadian Forum

Replies in this thread : 28
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Anybody speak french?
 The Dane Spot
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/20/2005 11:31:06 PM reply with quote send message to The Dane Spot Object to Post   

I have a school project, and was wondering if anybody could tell me if this sentance makes any sense, at all...

Il a combien amis.
I want it to say ... He has many friends...
 KLADCkrs
Basic User

Basic User
3/21/2005 5:12:33 PM reply with quote send message to KLADCkrs Object to Post

Combien means "how many" or "how much"

Many is beacoup

So . . . Il faut beaucoup d'amis I think.
 The Dane Spot
Basic User

Basic User
3/21/2005 9:26:42 PM reply with quote send message to The Dane Spot Object to Post

Thank you! happy :)
 Spazoid13
Basic User

Basic User
3/24/2005 10:01:37 AM reply with quote send message to Spazoid13 Object to Post

yup thats right
 The Dane Spot
Basic User

Basic User
3/24/2005 11:04:02 AM reply with quote send message to The Dane Spot Object to Post

Yay!! happy :)

I was refering to Charly, my dog... lol

It's kinda depressing... He has more friends than I do... laugh :D
 Gremlin Airedale Terriers
Basic User

Basic User
3/25/2005 10:18:49 PM reply with quote send message to Gremlin Airedale Terriers Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Hee hee, not from canada but wanted to see if there was a french topic--- there is, obviously. I speak french a LOT and if anyone needs any help (well u all probably speak it lots better than me) just tell me. Oh, yah, and "Il a beaucoup d'amis" works too. happy :) happy :)
 amazon
Basic User

Basic User
3/25/2005 11:19:49 PM reply with quote send message to amazon Object to Post

I wish I could speak frenchsad :(...I can only speak german and englishwink ;)Lol
 North Light
Basic User

Basic User
3/28/2005 1:08:29 PM reply with quote send message to North Light Object to Post

Il a beaucoup d'amis
I don't think that's quite right, improper use of the verb "a" But I can't for the life of me think of the totally correct sentence right now.

I grew up bilingual (speaking both French and English), but it's been years since I really used my French. So I can usually pick out when something doesn't look right, but I can't always tell you what IS right wink ;)

Kelly
 Sito Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/29/2005 9:53:50 PM reply with quote send message to Sito Kennels Object to Post

i think they both work. I am in grade 7 french immersion so I speak french for about 6 hours a day. I LOVE FRENCH. If anyone has french homwork you should just ask. I saw the post and saw that there was the word "FRENCH" so I had to come and check this out.

Courtney
 The Dane Spot
Basic User

Basic User
3/29/2005 11:26:10 PM reply with quote send message to The Dane Spot Object to Post

Il faut beaucoup d'amis means He needs lots of friends. That's what my French teacher told me...

Basic User

Basic User
3/30/2005 3:10:13 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

No it doesn't . . . Il a besoin de beacoup d'amis means he needs lots of friends.

Kelly
 Sito Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/30/2005 6:25:37 PM reply with quote send message to Sito Kennels Object to Post

I think actually Il faut beaucoup des amis means "he has to have lots of friends"

Courtney
 The Dane Spot
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2005 12:13:44 AM reply with quote send message to The Dane Spot Object to Post

That's what she said! I knew it was something along those lines... lol
 soccermo888
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2005 3:48:55 PM reply with quote send message to soccermo888 Object to Post

I dont!! Yo hablar espanol!!

lol
megan
 Scottish Pedigrees
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2005 3:51:06 PM reply with quote send message to Scottish Pedigrees Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Google Translator lol wink ;)

Il a beaucoup d'amis is correct

Scottish Pedigrees
Kathryn
 Whistler Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2005 5:53:51 PM reply with quote send message to Whistler Kennels Object to Post

"Yo hablar espanol!" means "I to speak Spanish!"

It should have been Yo hablo, or just hablo because the yo is understood.
 inovationDanies
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2005 6:57:22 PM reply with quote send message to inovationDanies Object to Post

J'ai pris quelques classes françaises à l'école mais ne l'ai pas utilisé beaucoup.
 soccermo888
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2005 10:07:20 PM reply with quote send message to soccermo888 Object to Post

Hey, Im new!!! This is my first year!! lol

Yo hablo Espanol

hows that?
 The Dane Spot
Basic User

Basic User
4/1/2005 12:13:18 AM reply with quote send message to The Dane Spot Object to Post

J'ai pris quelques classes françaises à l'école mais ne l'ai pas utilisé beaucoup.

Does that mean something like I teach french classes at the school, but I don't understand very much?

Or something along those lines? laugh :D

Alot of posts here!! happy :)
 inovationDanies
Basic User

Basic User
4/1/2005 1:51:54 PM reply with quote send message to inovationDanies Object to Post

I took some French classes at the school but did not use it much.
 KLADCkrs
Basic User

Basic User
4/2/2005 1:05:41 AM reply with quote send message to KLADCkrs Object to Post

It means I have taken some French classes in school but I haven't used it very much.

I took French immersion up until Grade 10 (from kindergarten on), and I grew up speaking French. But then I went on exchange and lived in Denmark for a year, so now my French often gets garbled up with Danish. Then NOBODY understands me LOL

Kelly

Replies in this thread : 28
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.