Basic User

Basic User
4/2/2005 1:06:10 AM reply with quote send message to KLADCkrs Object to Post

Hmmm, my post has disappeared sad :(

Come here, posty posty post!
 Mists Of Avalon
Basic User

Basic User
4/2/2005 1:17:56 AM reply with quote send message to Mists Of Avalon Object to Post

il a beaucoup d'amis

is the righ answer....

I know NOTHING about french....but thats the answer that comes up here:

www.freetranslation.com/

when you type "he has many friends"

good luck...
 moosey66
Basic User

Basic User
4/2/2005 3:23:56 AM reply with quote send message to moosey66 Object to Post

i wish i spoke/understood other languages. when i was in high school, the only foreign language that was offered was spanish. even tho i had to have a credit in foreign language/the arts, i never took spanish. the year i graduated(2000) was the last year we could get away with band or art counting towards our language/arts credits..lol, so i ended up in concert, pep, jazz, and marching bands and also had regular art classes....lol i miss school so much..whaa!

thanks for listening to me ramble...lol

moosey66
Pampered Pins Kennels

p.s. the only foreign language i know is counting 1-10 in spanish but i do know the entire greek alphabet, all the way from alpha to omega...lol
 Gremlin Airedale Terriers
Basic User

Basic User
4/2/2005 7:50:00 PM reply with quote send message to Gremlin Airedale Terriers Object to Post

quote (quote)
Il a beaucoup d'amis

I don't think that's quite right, improper use of the verb "a" But I can't for the life of me think of the totally correct sentence right now.

I grew up bilingual (speaking both French and English), but it's been years since I really used my French. So I can usually pick out when something doesn't look right, but I can't always tell you what IS right

i think that that is right, because 'a' is the present 'he/she/it/you formal' tense for 'avoir', so it the same as IL 'avoir' BEAUCOUP D'AMIS.
right?
 Gremlin Airedale Terriers
Basic User

Basic User
4/2/2005 7:51:51 PM reply with quote send message to Gremlin Airedale Terriers Object to Post

Oops, sorry, didn't see all those people telling me it was right. Thanx you guys!
 The Dane Spot
Basic User

Basic User
4/2/2005 8:07:02 PM reply with quote send message to The Dane Spot Object to Post

Those translation sites translate word for word, and don't change it around to make sense in French. So, oh well!
 griffin
Basic User

Basic User
6/19/2005 2:56:10 PM reply with quote send message to griffin Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I'm in grade 10 french immersion and i have my exam next week.EEeeek!
il a beaucoup d'amis- he has many friends
il faut beaucoup d'amis- he needs many friends or (not refering to a person with il) it is necessary to have many friends.
 x_husky_gurl_x
Basic User

Basic User
7/4/2005 4:56:48 PM reply with quote send message to x_husky_gurl_x Object to Post

qui , jemapelle stacey, comomtepelle tu? moi speak un petit english. your statement et incorrect . it is sopost to be : beaucoup instead au what tu said.

Replies in this thread : 28
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.