Search

.com Forum · Dogue de Bordeaux

Replies in this thread : 44
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

The Lupercal
Basic User

Basic User
5/21/2009 4:54:04 PM reply with quote send message to The Lupercal Object to Post

thankyou!
i hope this satisfies.
 The Lupercal
Basic User

Basic User
5/21/2009 5:00:00 PM reply with quote send message to The Lupercal Object to Post

wait...i thought it was the double label coulors we were cutting out notthe shades of red or anything?

eep!
 ladykenco
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/27/2009 1:02:52 PM reply with quote send message to ladykenco Object to Post

Red -No Mask ………………most common colour seen.
Red -Black Mask -Black Nose ……………….3rd colour most seen
Red- Brown Mask- Brown Nose……………….2nd colour most seen
Isabella -No Mask……………………not many seen
Isabella -Black Mask- Black Nose……………….not many seen

The above is what we have agreed on....so just Red and Isabella needed....
Thankyou ever so much Griffin......
Lup - the above colours are the breed standard colours....and what they are registered as with the kennel clubs.
 The Lupercal
Basic User

Basic User
5/28/2009 9:04:48 AM reply with quote send message to The Lupercal Object to Post

so there is no fawn? just isabella?

or is fawn a legitamite shade some what between the red and the isabella as griffin's code work is suggesting?
and how then would we work the nose thing into it? or does that not matter so much?
these things i beleive need to be adressed before this can go to jeff for the finalized code.
if any one disagrees let me know asap.
 The Lupercal
Basic User

Basic User
5/28/2009 9:18:29 AM reply with quote send message to The Lupercal Object to Post

after rereading the thread i am thinking if i understand correctly,noses dont need to be listed as these follow the mask colour so no coding for that,and the isabella/fawn issue is a matter of weather its a complete isabella or incomplete(fawn)...as the coding goes.
so really in this case where grof calls the colour "fawn" its probably an idea to just call it isabella but it would be incomplete or not dominant...like Bb or BB...example. Bb is black and so is BB but Bb gives the posibility for becomeing not black of bred to another animal who is not BB.

yes?

so can you lady put a final word down for jeff?
is it griffins model or no?
 ladykenco
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/28/2009 10:26:54 AM reply with quote send message to ladykenco Object to Post

The nose thing I dont mind not having - in earleir codes people were coding in the nose colours...but we can live without lol
Fawn is Isabella....but recognised as Isabella.
So thats what we need to go with...
I have tried to copy code underneath to show.
THANKYOU Griff....
At last we have the colours right YAYYYYYYYYYY

Red Black Mask
BBCCEE
BBCCEe
BbCCEE
BbCCEe

Red Brown Mask
bbCCEE
bbCCEe

Red no Mask
BBCCee
BbCCee
bbCCee

Isabella Black Mask
BBccEE
BBccEe
BbccEE
BbccEe

Isabella no Mask
BBccee
Bbccee
bbccee
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
5/28/2009 10:47:51 AM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

I'm getting e-mails and comments asking why I haven't done this breed yet. However, there are still new models being posted as of just a few minutes ago. The only thing I'm waiting on is something resembling an official endorsement.
 ladykenco
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/28/2009 1:06:12 PM reply with quote send message to ladykenco Object to Post

Jeff I dont mean to be rude but why are the people who are mailing you and commenting not here in this thread contributing so that we can get something together and get this breed sorted out....if more people took the time to read and help there would be less people mailing you!!

Anyway most of us have agreed to the model posted....those who havent have had plenty of time to come along, I for one have mailed all DDB breeders and asked for input yet some have still ignored this.

What do we need now? the percentages?
 Rosewind Retrievers
Basic User

Basic User
5/28/2009 1:54:26 PM reply with quote send message to Rosewind Retrievers Object to Post

i agree with the latest model posted. sorry i've been not much help on coming up with everything..i suck at genetics and in real life know nothing about dogues.
 ladykenco
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/28/2009 2:09:07 PM reply with quote send message to ladykenco Object to Post

Have emailed the top 20 DDB kennels with the link to this thread....
Rosewind, I havent sent it to you as you have answered and no worries about the help, you have been active in the thread - I think all we need now is that all DDB kennels agree to the newest code happy :)
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

5/28/2009 3:04:12 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

ladykenco, agreed.
 bsgk4
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/28/2009 4:38:46 PM reply with quote send message to bsgk4 Object to Post

I agree with the new coding, and no, I haven't been emailing Jeff. I've actually been pretty laid back lately, not doing much with the kennel while I wait for the balance to come back up. It sucks to be broke. happy :)
 griffin
Basic User

Basic User
5/28/2009 5:58:54 PM reply with quote send message to griffin Object to Post

I have updated my proposed model to restrict it to ladykenco's colours - except for the masks if you have a brown mask on red you have to allow it on isabella as well because it is a genetic possibility.

You cannot use the codes in ladykenco's post because there are possible genetic combinations that have no colour assigned to them which will end up with dogs with no colour.

grif,
 The Lupercal
Basic User

Basic User
5/28/2009 8:04:02 PM reply with quote send message to The Lupercal Object to Post

ok so its griffins newly edited model we are going with.
awesome.
and yes even if its not showable but it is possible i think the colours should be inthe coding to make for more genetic reality and to avoid confusing the poor computer system.
LOL
 ladykenco
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/28/2009 8:23:22 PM reply with quote send message to ladykenco Object to Post

Ok I can go with a brown mask on isabella LOL LOL
Never seen the likes of one before but hey at least we now have a usable code and will have our colours corrected WOOHOOOOOOO
Thank Griff - you are a star...happy :)
Cheers Jeff for letting us have the time to sort this out.......
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

5/28/2009 8:42:20 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

Just need percentages.
 Pitch Black
Basic User

Basic User
5/28/2009 10:49:51 PM reply with quote send message to Pitch Black Object to Post

I agree with it
 moonlitepaws
Basic User

Basic User
5/28/2009 11:10:41 PM reply with quote send message to moonlitepaws Object to Post

I agree too!
 Topstars
Basic User

Basic User
5/29/2009 4:20:43 AM reply with quote send message to Topstars Object to Post

I agree !

But will seen strange to see a brown mask on a Isabella.lol

But at least we now have the colors corrected. Many thanks to Ladykenco for getting and having the time to sort this out.
Plus anyone else who has worked hard to sort out the code colors.

Just hope we dont get to many Isabellas!!!!!

Thanks Jeff for your help.

Maple Tree Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/29/2009 4:38:39 AM reply with quote send message to Maple Tree Kennels Object to Post

What ever you guys decide on is fine with me.

Replies in this thread : 44
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class