<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : June 13th New Layout Thread
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

System.__ComObject Forum Moderator
6/13/2013 10:39:12 AM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post   

this post has been edited 4 time(s)

I'm leaving the new layout up until about noon so you guys can give me some more feedback/bugs.

Here's my current list...

-Couple spelling issues in the bottom blocks
-Message viewed in the inbox
-Obedience sessioning
-Quick switch between family accounts
-Group placement details on dog info page
-List owner/breeder on group results on show results page
-Details of breed entries on group results page

-----
Last edited by admin on 6/13/2013 2:17:04 PM
 rowanw
Basic User

Basic User
6/13/2013 10:50:33 AM reply with quote send message to rowanw Object to Post

Show Entries:

On the “Show Entry Form” – I can’t click on the show name to view breed entries for that show.
“unexpected problem” error

On the “Select Handler” form – Once you choose a handler and click “Select”
“Unexpected problem" error

happy :)
Loving the updates!
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
6/13/2013 10:58:48 AM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

What is community rank?
 Wicken
Basic User

Basic User
6/13/2013 10:59:17 AM reply with quote send message to Wicken Object to Post

As Rowan says, you can't access anything from the dog's show entry page
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/13/2013 11:02:41 AM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

That's a great to do list happy :)

So again today I'll just post things I notice while going over my daily "routine".

#1- still when I log in, it doesn't automatically take me to my Kennel page, it stays on whatever page I was viewing before I logged in. Not a huge deal but I do find it a little annoying.

#2- So I went to place a puppy up for sale and can't find an option to do that....is it missing or am I just missing it? This was an unnamed puppy I was going to place on approval for another player. I think the Place for sale option should be in Owner Options section.

#3- The show results page, it will take some getting used to but I think I like it. I would make a couple of suggestions, the order that dogs are shown, for example, I had several dogs in one show, one went BOB, one went BOW and one went 3rd in breed,and 3 DNP, perhaps the order should go from biggest win to lowest, just a little more orderly, so the dogs that DNP would be a the bottom of the list for dogs entered in that show. I would still like to be able to click on the show and see the boxer entries for that show, I realize I can click on the show name and it takes me to the "All Show Results" then I can find boxer and see the entries. It's fine just takes a little longer when all I'm interested in is boxers. Again not huge deals just little things I found different.

#4- On the Individual Dog Info Pages, Thank you for adding the All Offspring and changing to Current Points. Love those. I still want to be able to click on a dog's Show Results though to see how many majors, singles, BISS wins, etc. Particularly if it's a dog I don't own, sometimes I like to check out a stud dog or a don't I'd like to buy and I want to peruse their show results.

#5- I'd still like the litters at the bottom of my kennel page when I view all dogs. When I use the Quick SOP page it does this and I prefer it much more. Never Mind I see you fixed it happy :) Thank you thank you thank you!

#6- I still can't find where you session a dog from his individual page. All I see is Sessioning and then N/A underneath.

#7- I know you asked why the quick SOP page was still relevant, I guess for me I just prefer the "look" of it when I'm going to FH a bunch of puppies really fast or something, it takes away the "age", "enter",etc. columns and it's just cleaner and easier to see at a glance. But you are right it does nothing different than the main page, I guess for me it will just make it a little faster to do my litter comparing and FH'ing because there is less information to sift through.

Those are the main things I've noticed today that weren't (I think) on your list already.

It's coming together well I think!
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/13/2013 11:04:23 AM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

The Make Offer link doesn't seem to do anything either, it just seems to refresh my page.

Edited to Add-

I'd like to still have the little "breed" icon show up next to the bitches names on the main page, I find it handy not having to look at all my girls individually every day to see when they are able to be bred again.

-----
Last edited by Summerwind Kennels on 6/13/2013 11:07:33 AM
 rowanw
Basic User

Basic User
6/13/2013 11:09:25 AM reply with quote send message to rowanw Object to Post

posted by Summerwind Kennels
That's a great to do list happy :)

#4- On the Individual Dog Info Pages, Thank you for adding the All Offspring and changing to Current Points. Love those. I still want to be able to click on a dog's Show Results though to see how many majors, singles, BISS wins, etc. Particularly if it's a dog I don't own, sometimes I like to check out a stud dog or a don't I'd like to buy and I want to peruse their show results.

Yes, "View All Show Results" - I love this page and hope it's on the "to do"

I use that feature a lot.
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/13/2013 11:10:59 AM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

Not sure what you mean by "Quick Switch Between Family Accounts" but I would still like to have the list of all my other accounts somewhere on the My Kennel page, I use this feature quite a lot.
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
6/13/2013 11:11:16 AM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

How long does the "keep me logged in" is now? It use to be an hour.
 KonaBlechen
Basic User

Basic User
6/13/2013 11:13:34 AM reply with quote send message to KonaBlechen Object to Post

Accidently FHd wrong bitch, we used to have the UNDO FH option. Where is that now? I want to change to the bitch I meant to get rid of. Too many tabs open, got confused but still should have been able to UNDO. Happened when you started up new format, I got caught in the middle.
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
6/13/2013 11:14:42 AM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

View show results page shows Degree's kennel info- not mine

-----
Last edited by Studio Dogs on 6/13/2013 11:15:42 AM
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/13/2013 11:14:50 AM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

Okay one more thing...lol...

I love that under my bitches names who are bred it says the due date and stud dog used, but could we change the font of that info just so it's not identical to the rest of the font, it took me like an hour to even notice it...lol...

Ex: CH Summerwind Royal Chaos [93.4/20B] Bitch 44 93.40 Enter | FH
Bred to Summerwind Silverado to whelp on 6/17/2013

So changing the BRED TO SUMMERWIND SILVERADO....

to a different font. I would think maybe smaller and darker?
 Fenland
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/13/2013 11:16:31 AM reply with quote send message to Fenland Object to Post

Not able to change "Make Offer" to No
 Fenland
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/13/2013 11:21:18 AM reply with quote send message to Fenland Object to Post

Like Summerwind, I would like a breed icon against adult bitches
 Fenland
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/13/2013 11:22:22 AM reply with quote send message to Fenland Object to Post

I like the fact that the number of pregnancies shows at the top of the kennel page
 Fenland
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/13/2013 11:24:19 AM reply with quote send message to Fenland Object to Post

I like the option to change the order of litters but sadly it isn't working
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/13/2013 11:24:45 AM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

As above no option to turn offers on/off. Or to be able to make an offer on a dog that isn't for sale... seems something isn't quite right with the For Sale/Offers area of the site.

The other thing that I'm not sure about, when I go to my profile (so the page that others would see when visiting my kennel) it has all my forum activity down the one side. I'm not sure why this is there, it would be better if it had my big show wins or something like that, something that would be of interest to people looking at my dogs.

I would prefer the My Posts on the My Kennel Page that I typically look at. I don't often view my profile page.

Also when I click the Latest Topics, I'd prefer to have the ADMIN ones either separate or in Red or something to make them stand out as I usually have an interest in what you are posting Jeff and would like to be able to see that at a glance. And not have them get lost in all the other posts that I may or may not care about.

I do like to be able to see the ones I have replied to on the "my kennel" page since I can monitor them quickly to see if there was any new replies and I don't have to sort through all the other stuff.

-----
Last edited by admin on 6/19/2013 4:38:28 PM
 Striker
Basic User

Basic User
6/13/2013 11:35:14 AM reply with quote send message to Striker Object to Post

The options for Viewing My Profile and Editing My Profile seem to be missing. Or I just can't see them???

Never mind, I found the Edit Kennel Slogan but I still don't see the VIEW kennel slogan/profile.

-----
Last edited by Striker on 6/13/2013 11:36:17 AM
 griffin
Basic User

Basic User
6/13/2013 11:36:20 AM reply with quote send message to griffin Object to Post

Also can we have a "choose handlers" link on the dog page or as the automatic output point from the dog entry page? -> it could even just be the my Entries page that it directs you to so you can pick the handlers.

grif,

-----
Last edited by griffin on 6/13/2013 11:36:38 AM
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
6/13/2013 11:37:48 AM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

Agree with all above...

When I surf through to my kennel as if I was someone else, at the bottom the stud dogs available, etc in the three boxes below, are empty.

On the show schedule page, can you make a column that has a check mark if there is any payouts?

-----
Last edited by Studio Dogs on 6/13/2013 11:40:18 AM
 ShadowRun Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/13/2013 11:44:00 AM reply with quote send message to ShadowRun Kennel Object to Post

The choosing Handlers thing is why I think the dogs all need an individual show results page like we have now, I don't want to go to the My Entries page to choose handlers and have to surf through all my other dogs to find the one I want to put handlers on.

Also there doesn't seem to be a "Place Dog For Stud" or "Edit Stud" options. I see on my stud dog's page, his price, champions sired (love this) and Breed to this stud. But not the others.

Replies in this thread : 26
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.