Author Topic : New Layout Thread
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

System.__ComObject Forum Moderator
5/29/2013 1:49:58 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

PLEASE HAVE PATIENCE WITH ME TODAY.

We’re flipping the new layout on for 10-30 minutes throughout the day to intentionally throw errors and cause problems so I know what still needs to be moved over.

This is the thread I’m going to reference for aspects of the new layout that need to be moved over or improved.

If you notice something, please post it here and we’ll get it taken care of.

-----
Last edited by admin on 5/29/2013 3:11:49 PM
 teevis
Basic User

Basic User
5/29/2013 4:49:58 PM reply with quote send message to teevis Object to Post

I don't see a way to add or adjust kennel runs other than the default 'Dog' and 'Bitch' runs in the new layout. Is that a feature that has been phased out? It was nice to be able to separate dogs by breed and by what you were going to do with them.

If there is a way to change runs, I apologize for not having looked more thoroughly before asking. happy :)

--T
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
5/29/2013 7:13:12 PM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

new show results layout. great information!!
missed a word: 103,893rd "show" ....

Show Date: 5/29/2013
The 103,893rd sponsored on Showdog.com

Did you know? *site = Sit for Exam

"The site for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head."
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
5/29/2013 7:31:51 PM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

I really really hope that the advertisements are for us to advertise ourselves. that would be a fun feature!
 Inspirational Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/29/2013 7:55:34 PM reply with quote send message to Inspirational Kennels Object to Post

posted by Studio Dogs
I really really hope that the advertisements are for us to advertise ourselves. that would be a fun feature!
LOVE this idea!

I'm really fond of the new inbox layout happy :) But, and I may have completely missed this, is there a way to see "new" messages? I didn't see anything on it, but like I said, I probably just missed it.

Also, where are our dogs? I couldn't see any in my kennel yet, but it said I had 30(which I do).

I'm liking it so far! It'll definitely be a big change though..

~Shimmer

ETA: Just looked at the new Sessions and Show Results pages. Love both of them, but on the Show Results, can we see all the placings for every group? Like be able to click on a link and see them? I like to be able to see all of the judges preferences wink ;) Other then that, looks great!

-----
Last edited by Inspirational Kennels on 5/29/2013 8:02:09 PM
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
5/31/2013 3:28:43 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

Right now the two big parts that are not done are...

Kennel Views (the dog lists)

Buying/Selling

Please feel free to post other minor annoyances you've noticed here.
 Halcyon Design
Basic User

Basic User
5/31/2013 4:25:21 PM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Design Object to Post

I couldnt find how to turn offers on or off & spent so long looking that it flipped to the other view before I had found it lol
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
6/1/2013 1:39:32 AM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

additional tidbit

* Did you know...
The Westminster Dog Show is the oldest sport in American history!

bummer about the ads sad :(
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
6/1/2013 7:29:32 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

just thought I'd throw in a comment on the idea of player paid ads ...

I for one would probably (definitely) be goofy enough to pay actual money to have an ad run for my cyber kennels/dogs

... oh definitely I'd pay to run an add for my Best In Specialty GCH Stud dog....
... or an ad to announce an upcoming show or specialty...
... or to brag about my latest win/dog/puppy ...
... #1 Toy Dog June 2013 ....

(sorry, it's still a little early and I haven't had enough coffee - or maybe I've had too much)

wink :)

rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
6/1/2013 8:14:08 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

Dog Information Page -

I LOVE the new Top Offspring feature.

I wonder though, is it possible to have it only show dogs that have finished their championship or better? or at least only dogs who have been named?

Not sure if everyone would agree?

.... don't see the option to see all offspring? could default show Top Offspring and show only titled/pointed dogs and then an option to click for View ALL offspring...

I know in color breeding i often look at litters from other dogs to see what different sires have produced
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
6/1/2013 9:26:06 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

good grief, I promise this is my last suggestion/comment this morning...

When you go to the My Kennel page
(I'm thinking of this as "My Kennel Office"wink ;)

I see my kennel runs listed in the left column. If I click on ANY of the runs, the "body" changes to show ALL runs.

Is it always going to be like that? Or will we have the option to "View All" or just view the selected run. I think that would be a nice option?

Not sure how others have their runs set up, but I could see dealing with the "New Puppies" then looking at the "Show String", etc.

That's it, I swear no more comments today.
I'm just really excited about the updates. happy :)
 Catori Caucasians
Basic User

Basic User
6/5/2013 7:34:08 AM reply with quote send message to Catori Caucasians Object to Post

I don't like that everything is centered on certain pages... :P
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
6/5/2013 10:01:32 AM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

If you are using Internet explorer, click on th torn page icon in the address bar. Or view in compatibility mode. You'll have to click back on it when you come back here.

Jeff, I can fix that for you!
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/5/2013 5:17:36 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

I just logged on and noticed that you can access each of your kennel runs (I'm guessing), which is really cool!

Alexandria
 Lancelot
Basic User

Basic User
6/6/2013 1:41:23 PM reply with quote send message to Lancelot Object to Post

Hi

Please can we have a feature to purchase starter dogs?

I've recently returned to the game and although some lovely people sold their starters to me, it's taken quite a while to get up and running.

Plus I couldn't buy any show standard puppies straight away as it's a Rare Breed Kennel in a dying breed.

Thanks
 Shadowstorm Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/6/2013 8:58:43 PM reply with quote send message to Shadowstorm Kennels Object to Post

I dont see Kennel Slogan and View Profile anywhere. But maybe it hasnt been added? Or I missed it by chance..

Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/6/2013 9:00:46 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

^^ I just looked and I don't see it either.

But I do love that it tells you how many pregnancies you have right on your kennel page. It's annoying to try to remember or look at your profile page!

Alexandria
 Windrush Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/12/2013 6:17:16 PM reply with quote send message to Windrush Kennels Object to Post

Is there a way to see ALL show results page?

-----
Last edited by admin on 6/16/2013 4:10:01 PM
 Skyfeather
Basic User

Basic User
6/13/2013 11:32:06 AM reply with quote send message to Skyfeather Object to Post

I am completly lost. Just sat here for ten minutes trying to navigate my kennel page so I can breed and enter shows, but couldnt even figure out how to find the dogs. Gave up- will log in later when its hopefully switched back to normal. I have several kennels needing attention but dont have time to try and relearn this for the umpteenth time in ten years of playing. Maybe later I will have patience with this new setup. It appears so "busy" looking and it made me re log in several times during those ten minutes of clicking on things.

Mama
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
6/13/2013 11:38:32 AM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

If you are looking for your dogs, the link is on the left hand side of the site underneath your username. If you click literally any of those links, it will take you directly to that kennel run. If you click “View All Dogs”, it will pull up a list of all of your dogs.

We’ve only changed our layout once before and that was about half a decade ago.
 Skyfeather
Basic User

Basic User
6/14/2013 7:09:17 AM reply with quote send message to Skyfeather Object to Post

When I referred to changes I did not simply mean layout changes. For the most part all the changes done to the game in the past ten years have been great. Each time some take longer for us to get used to and figure out how to use correctly, some features were awesome because you had the 'option' of using them or not using them. I'll simply have to take a day off from work and sit here plucking away with this new layout until I can figure it out and be able to use it correctly. Ive survived the past ten years on here, hopefully I can survive some more. I know its just a game but Id hate to leave and have all the "progress" Ive made just dissapear, especially since there are no other breeders in one of the breeds Im involved in. So I will give it a shot, I love this game- its the only game I do play otherwise its just work work work for me.

Mama

Replies in this thread : 29
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
In multi-breed and all-breed shows, the winners of all breeds within the kennel club's breed Groups then compete for Group placements.