Replies in this thread : 29
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
6/14/2013 7:14:15 AM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

Is there something specific you're having a hard time figure out how to do on the new layout?

I promise that it will be a MUCH more efficient way of running a kennel by the time we're done.
 rowanw
Basic User

Basic User
6/14/2013 7:14:37 AM reply with quote send message to rowanw Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Unexpected Problem Errors:

* Why Isn’t This Dog a GCH? On the Show Stats display.
* Notepad: If you add tags you get the error. At first I thought it wasn’t working yet, but then was able to add notes when I left out the tags.

ISSUES & IDEAS:

* Logging In:
If you go to new.showdog.com – the “Sign Up” boxes are in the body of the screen.
When you log in, the body doesn’t change giving the initial impression that you didn’t log in/nothing happened.
I wonder if the first “Welcome Back” screen – could be like a “news/nav” screen – your kennel “Office/Desk”.
Maybe include
* LATEST NEWS: Best In Show & Group 1 placements for today's shows, Site News: Notes from Jeff, Laura – Forum links (Newsy type things)
* Links to the most popular “First Place I Go” areas: My Show Results, My Dogs, ...
* Maybe the kennels Upcoming Litters, Stud Dogs, Dogs for Sale
That may not be the way you want to go, but the body does need to change in some way. - and this may already be on the "To Do"

- - - - - - -

LINK Doesn’t Click:
I go to the forum using the link on the left nav bar. Once there I select a destination – ex: Alpha Forum
When I want to leave the Alpha forum and choose another destination I click the “Forum” at the top of the screen in the bread crumb trail
Showdog.com Forum Alpha Dog Forum
I expect it to take me back to the main forum page but it doesn’t go anywhere.

- - - - - - - -

(Opinion/Idea) Adding Visual Interest – Something to think about:
I wonder if on some pages, the tables could be changed to look less like tables. (Less big green headers/100% width)
And if we had some additional images/gifs for visual interest.
This may be a big issue with new players. For new players, who have know idea what they’re doing – they just want to play with “showdogs” – a bunch of tables with text doesn’t look much like a game.
I think there are tons of places where you could use a graphic in addition to text to add visual interest. I’m not saying everything should go “cartoonish” – “childish”
but a graphic/icon of a Best of Breed/Group 1/Best in Show ribbon/rosette along with the text ....
I think anywhere you list the dog’s color – a small thumbnail of the Picardy breed pic ... (I know this might not be conceivable until all of the pics are done)
Even on the Account Tools page – a paw print icon.
Again, I am just thinking out loud here.

- - - - - - -

Unable to Put a Dog up for sale.
Unable to Put a Dog up at stud / Change fee, etc
(These are probably already on the "To Do"

- - - - - - -

On the Choose a Bitch/Stud comparison table page:
The traits appear to be showing the old stats ... the 11.1 Head is showing up as 10.0
COI and Color might be better in a smaller text under the dog’s name – again here’s a good place to see the thumbnail Picardy breed pic.
Perhaps the combination male/female sign for the “Breed” task icon.

- - - - - - -

On the Dogs For Sale – Individual Breed pages
I wonder if it would be helpful to have the “Game Breed Links” box on the right
New players would see the dogs currently for sale (another spot for thumbnail Picardy pics) and also have “Breeder Directory” right there at their fingertips.
They might be interested enough to click on “Current Top Dogs” or “Ranked Kennels” or the Breed Forum.
Maybe do the same for the Stud Dog page....

- - - - - -

Game Breed Links –
Would it be possible (or even of interest to other players) – to add a couple of “History” type pages here for each breed.
Best In National Specialty Winners – SDWC Winners - (Would also love to see the monthly Top 10 in breed here also)
But basically a page that would compile a listing of the monthly Best in Specialty winners with owner/breeder info.
Same thing with the monthly SDWC winners

also,
Current Top Dogs, All Time Top Dogs, Breed Forum links don't work.

and that’s what I have this morning...
I won't even lie today and pretend I won't be on here all day long happy :)">

-----
Last edited by rowanw on 6/14/2013 10:06:09 AM
 Skyfeather
Basic User

Basic User
6/14/2013 11:26:10 AM reply with quote send message to Skyfeather Object to Post

posted by admin
Is there something specific you're having a hard time figure out how to do on the new layout?

I promise that it will be a MUCH more efficient way of running a kennel by the time we're done.

I think visually its just a lot for me personally to process. But I believe thats probably just a me thing- its something with my 'brain'. I have the same issues when going to a place such as a store who has changed the order of things on a shelf- my brain cant process it- just see's a jumbled mess. I have to go at night and take my time to rememorize the layout of everything- such a pain.

Like I said. I will just have to take a lot of time and slowly memorize and figure things out. If I do come to a problem I will msg for help. But hopefully with time I will figure it out. Or you could give people the option of going to the new layout or staying with the old which would be awseom! LOL

mama
 Guiding Senjis
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/16/2013 12:12:45 AM reply with quote send message to Guiding Senjis Object to Post

Just typo pet peeve, "The site for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head."

Under the did you know area, saw someone else comment too before.. Site for exam should be sit for exam.

As changing to look more professional and appealing

-----
Last edited by admin on 6/16/2013 4:09:07 PM
 Figs Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
6/16/2013 6:48:56 AM reply with quote send message to Figs Dreams Object to Post

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

Was wondering if we could have have the writing for the due date for the bitch to whelp in red like we had in the old layout because it's a bit confusing having it the same colour as the name of the bitch. As well as it being more visually appealing if there's another colour to separate both.

-----
Last edited by admin on 6/16/2013 4:07:26 PM
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
6/16/2013 1:00:40 PM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

Any way to see all show results for a dog? For instance, if I look at top show results - is this really all shows the dog was in? How can I see who judged the show? If I click on the link to the show, it just takes me back to the dog....

(you're far from the first person to ask so I've made the link more prominent)

-----
Last edited by admin on 6/16/2013 4:04:46 PM
 rowanw
Basic User

Basic User
6/16/2013 2:05:46 PM reply with quote send message to rowanw Object to Post

posted by Kalynda
Any way to see all show results for a dog? For instance, if I look at top show results - is this really all shows the dog was in? How can I see who judged the show? If I click on the link to the show, it just takes me back to the dog....
Go to the dog's page - scroll down to Show Stats (lower right) - There is a View All link

(I think that's the page you're looking for)
 MagicWolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/16/2013 9:15:56 PM reply with quote send message to MagicWolf Object to Post

Just saw the new layout for the first time today. A few questions:

- where do I find the link to edit stud status

- where do I find the link for table view (the one that will show all of the stats lines up against each other for a particular group of dogs).

- What happened to the nice listing on the side of latest admin topics? I see the latest topics link but that looks like latest topics on any of the forums and I miss the nice announcements down the right side. Is there a way to turn those back on again?

- When I look at Classic view, my puppies are all separated - it lists them as all Puppy #1, each with a bar above it showing parents, then all Puppy #2, and so on, so there are a million header bars and it's very hard to look at. They group within their litters in the custom view but then I'm switching views back and forth a lot.
 Shutterfox
Basic User

Basic User
6/17/2013 1:00:53 PM reply with quote send message to Shutterfox Object to Post

Ugh. Let's try this again for the fourth time.

It may be an issue because 99% of my gameplay on SD is on my mobile, but this is driving me crazy.

I cannot seem to STAY logged in. I have to re-login almost every page I visit, which is super annoying. Am I the only one with this issue? I've tried both checking the "stay logged in" box and leaving it unchecked to no avail.

Sometimes, I'm just visiting a page magically as a guest, other times, I get an error message page. Forgive me if I'm being too impatient-- is this just a small glitch that is being worked out?

Replies in this thread : 29
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.