.com Forum · UK Forum

Replies in this thread : 33
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : The UK Forum's First Meeting
 Ebphillips
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/14/2010 10:38:57 AM reply with quote send message to Ebphillips Object to Post   

Heyy,
So you've probably figured out that the UK forum is pretty quiet. We're not having that anymore laugh :D. We're having weekly meetings at 8(UK time obviously) on Mondays, to discuss how we can push the forum into a fun busy forum happy :). After each meeting one of us who attended will make a post on what we discussed and how to go through with it so all of us have access to it and can help build/participate in it.

This weeks meeting:
-Dog Picture Contest
What the title said, but since this is the UK forum, we're putting a UK swing on it.
: Dog's with UK colours in the picture(Flags etc.)
: Dog breeds from the UK/Dog's with UK countries in the name(Old ENGLISH Sheepdog)
: Dog's on a walk in the UK, we have original countryside and recognisable landmarks, use them.

-Picture contest
Possibly the dog contest could be rolled into this?
: Landmarks from UK, we have plenty happy :).

-Crufts meeting/s
A post organising a Cruft's meeting.

-Discover Dogs Meeting/s
A post organising a Discover Dog's meeting.

-Weekly/Daily UK News Post
A post with some recent news from around the UK, a new post each week. Post local or general UK news that other people haven't mentioned.(Nothing nasty, keep it clean wink ;))

Errrmmm, I think that's all we covered, I really should have written it down razz :p.
Thank you to PPValhunds and Nicky(totally forgot your kennel name razz :p) for attending the short meeting.

If you have any questions/additions/thoughts on our plans/would like to get involved and help with one of them please post happy :).
Emma
 bryerwood kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/14/2010 10:46:39 AM reply with quote send message to bryerwood kennel Object to Post

I'd love to join the chat meetings, but I can't sign in. I've tried numerous times on different days and I still can't get in. sad :( Can someone pm me after the meeting so I know what was said?
 Topazia
Basic User

Basic User
9/14/2010 11:30:59 AM reply with quote send message to Topazia Object to Post

I would pm you but thats what this post if for to inform people what was said in the meeting if they were unable to attend happy :)

Nicky
 Eden Falls
Basic User

Basic User
9/14/2010 12:11:25 PM reply with quote send message to Eden Falls Object to Post

I also cannot enter the chatroom, but would be happy to participate happy :)

Eden Falls
 Topazia
Basic User

Basic User
9/14/2010 1:41:42 PM reply with quote send message to Topazia Object to Post

Yeah same goes for you too Eden. We will make a new post after each meeting and it will consist of all the ideas that we have had ect..
Then you can add any topics/views of your own

Nicky happy :)
 Figs Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
9/14/2010 3:49:58 PM reply with quote send message to Figs Dreams Object to Post

Oh, I'd love to join!
 Ebphillips
Basic User

Basic User
9/15/2010 1:36:16 AM reply with quote send message to Ebphillips Object to Post

Haha great, guys if you're having trouble logging in there is another chat room on a diff site that some SDers use, I'll see if I can find the link and if we can all meet up there that'd be awesome happy :).

Emma
 Eden Falls
Basic User

Basic User
9/15/2010 12:01:13 PM reply with quote send message to Eden Falls Object to Post

posted by Ebphillips
Haha great, guys if you're having trouble logging in there is another chat room on a diff site that some SDers use, I'll see if I can find the link and if we can all meet up there that'd be awesome happy :).

Emma

great idea
eden
 staff
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
9/19/2010 12:18:34 AM reply with quote send message to staff Object to Post

For people who are having trouble entering the chat room--this is usually due to chat room passwords being case sensitive when your actual kennel password is not. If all else fails, try requesting your password from the main login page and copying and pasting it into the chat room login page.

Thank you,

Laura
ShowDog.com
 Ebphillips
Basic User

Basic User
9/19/2010 2:16:44 AM reply with quote send message to Ebphillips Object to Post

Thanks Laura guys try that for tomorrows meeting and if it still doesn't work then I'll try and dig out that old chat room happy :)
 Vodou
Basic User

Basic User
9/19/2010 2:37:03 AM reply with quote send message to Vodou Object to Post

I feel so left out being a non-UKer.. :P
 Ebphillips
Basic User

Basic User
9/19/2010 11:21:09 AM reply with quote send message to Ebphillips Object to Post

Hahha if you wanna join feel free happy :). We're needing more people to post and we all the know us UKers are a rare breed laugh :D

Emma
 Sun Creek Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/19/2010 11:29:40 AM reply with quote send message to Sun Creek Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I tried it earlier and it works laugh :D I should be at the meeting tomorrow if I don't have a lot of homework from my A level classes.
ETA: This is my basic, my other kennel is Bryerwood Kennelhappy :)

Holly
 dogloverxx
Basic User

Basic User
9/19/2010 11:52:48 AM reply with quote send message to dogloverxx Object to Post

Good idea!

Pressed wrong button
 Topazia
Basic User

Basic User
9/19/2010 12:55:51 PM reply with quote send message to Topazia Object to Post

Yaaaaaaaay. Looks like we well have company in the meeting happy :)

Nicky
 GaylanStudio2
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/19/2010 12:57:31 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio2 Object to Post

Hey there, guys,

My Mum was born in Leeds, Yorkshire!
Does that make me a half-UKer?

Good luck with this. So many of the forums are dead-quiet.

Gayle
(Canada)
 Defence Dobes
Basic User

Basic User
9/19/2010 1:22:34 PM reply with quote send message to Defence Dobes Object to Post

posted by GaylanStudio2
Hey there, guys,

My Mum was born in Leeds, Yorkshire!
Does that make me a half-UKer?

Good luck with this. So many of the forums are dead-quiet.

Gayle
(Canada)

Join the partyyy happy :)

Yayyy this meeting might have more ideas then laugh :D

Emma
 Ebphillips
Basic User

Basic User
9/20/2010 4:28:51 AM reply with quote send message to Ebphillips Object to Post

Hey guys,
I'm only into the first two lessons and it already looks like I may never finish all this work. I will try to get into chat tonight but its not looking good so if someone could make the post for me that'd be awesome happy :)

Off to work sad :(
Emma
 Topazia
Basic User

Basic User
9/20/2010 10:06:13 AM reply with quote send message to Topazia Object to Post

Eurghh Emma tell me about it! So much work and such a busy week!
Its my birthday on Wed so I have people round on wed then I'm having another party on Friday.
Have to bath the dogs so the house smells nicee LOL :P Plus all the homework :| not good!
But I think I will manage chat tonight wink ;)

Nicky

PS. Gayle you can join, with your great ideas wink ;)
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
9/20/2010 2:45:58 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

just got back home to wales from england sorry about missing chat.
 Topazia
Basic User

Basic User
9/20/2010 3:13:50 PM reply with quote send message to Topazia Object to Post

Thats ok. There was only me and Emma anyway :P

Nicky

Replies in this thread : 33
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.