Replies in this thread : 52
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Is it my imagination?
 BarStar
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
3/6/2024 6:40:08 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post   

I have some downtime for a couple months so decided to crack open my SD account for a bit.

Are most of the active breeds heavily populated with family kennels of the same breed? A lot of random basic kennels that are short-lived. I know this has happened through out the 20 years of SD, but it seems like that's what's keeping the game alive.

I was going to find a breed to work with, but it looks like all my favorites would be almost lost to starter quality if the one main breeder dropped out or didn't make things available.

Glad the games still here.

Will
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/6/2024 7:51:48 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

I have noticed many breeds just have a couple of kennels. If it's a breed that has reached 100 and there is just 1 color or maybe 2, it's kind of pointless to be in it honestly. I don't know where this game is headed...
 Carolyn
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/6/2024 9:26:56 PM reply with quote send message to Carolyn Object to Post

Well then. Welcome back. Some of my dogs might go back to your lines. Let me have a look…..
 Carolyn
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/6/2024 9:32:29 PM reply with quote send message to Carolyn Object to Post

Here is one from waaaay back in 2020:-
https://www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=17344302
 CzarinaEstates
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/6/2024 9:35:19 PM reply with quote send message to CzarinaEstates Object to Post

Welcome back!
If you need help getting into any breeds let me know, I still have standard poodles descendants of the dog I purchased from you when you went on hiatus in my other kennel (National Anthem out of Lil Black Dress).
I’m in borzois, standard poodles, CMD, Anatolians, Mudi, Rhodesians, SWD, Tibetan spaniels, German spitz, Shiba Inu’s, Husky, standard and giant schnauzers, most of the terriers- dealt, Manchester, rat, Scottie, Amstaff, Skye, Aussie,JRT, Kerry blue, smooth wire and toy fox and more I am probably forgetting.
 313Detroit
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/6/2024 9:37:08 PM reply with quote send message to 313Detroit Object to Post

posted by CzarinaEstates
Welcome back!
If you need help getting into any breeds let me know, I still have standard poodles descendants of the dog I purchased from you when you went on hiatus in my other kennel (National Anthem out of Lil Black Dress).
I’m in borzois, standard poodles, CMD, Anatolians, Mudi, Rhodesians, SWD, Tibetan spaniels, German spitz, Shiba Inu’s, Husky, standard and giant schnauzers, most of the terriers- dealt, Manchester, rat, Scottie, Amstaff, Skye, Aussie,JRT, Kerry blue, smooth wire and toy fox and more I am probably forgetting.

Did forget some- German wire haired and short haired pointer, Chinese crested, Akita.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/6/2024 10:57:07 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

Look who’s back laugh :D
 Night Watch Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/7/2024 7:47:40 AM reply with quote send message to Night Watch Kennel Object to Post

No, not your imagination at all. Malamutes and Dobermans have this going on right now. For me, it’s not a problem when people play each kennel as an individual, it’s when there is a giant superkennel that I, personally, have an issue. I do know the rules about this are no longer enforced, so there is a lot more unethical game play now than there was when I had to stop playing in 2022.

Saoirse
 November Rain
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/7/2024 9:25:30 AM reply with quote send message to November Rain Object to Post

The only mega super kennel on here right now is the WP account. 58 kennels, who have told players to leave their breeds and have tried to get Jeff to either ban/suspend/cancel their subscriptions. As for the whole 'it's my kids, family, in-laws, friends, neighbors' that they claim, the entries and last minute withdraw of entries are not when bed times for kids normally are...

I will message you the rest of the details as I am not sure if it is forum appropriate.
 November Rain
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/7/2024 9:39:32 AM reply with quote send message to November Rain Object to Post

posted by Night Watch Kennel
No, not your imagination at all. Malamutes and Dobermans have this going on right now. For me, it’s not a problem when people play each kennel as an individual, it’s when there is a giant superkennel that I, personally, have an issue. I do know the rules about this are no longer enforced, so there is a lot more unethical game play now than there was when I had to stop playing in 2022.

Saoirse

Great Danes, as well.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/7/2024 10:58:29 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

The current state of the schedule of points for Malamutes is unfortunate.
 November Rain
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/7/2024 11:08:26 AM reply with quote send message to November Rain Object to Post

posted by Comet Poodles
They're doing the same in other breeds, too btw.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/7/2024 1:43:07 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

posted by November Rain
posted by Comet Poodles
They're doing the same in other breeds, too btw.

I know, they are slowly working on doing the same in Standard Poodles, which is unfortunate.
 Lanakila
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/7/2024 3:53:20 PM reply with quote send message to Lanakila Object to Post

What is the purpose of WP trying to infiltrate breeds like they do? I know I’ve seen their kennels around, and I was told in another of my kennels to be careful because they try to get people banned. But why aren’t they banned? Super kennels have been a no-no since the beginning of the game..l
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/7/2024 5:40:36 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

posted by CzarinaEstates
Welcome back!

I picked up a pup from you a couple weeks ago. She should be ready to hit the ring in a few weeks.

Will
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/7/2024 5:41:15 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

posted by Clwyd Cockers
For now. lol.

You need to show more Cockers.

Will
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/7/2024 5:51:45 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

posted by Carolyn
Well then. Welcome back. Some of my dogs might go back to your lines. Let me have a look…..
Hey Carolyn,

Yeah back for a bit. I remember you getting a bunch of Newfs and some Doxies from me.

Will
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/7/2024 5:54:37 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

posted by BarStar
posted by Clwyd Cockers
For now. lol.

You need to show more Cockers.

Will

I know, I need more cockers. Busy with my Welshies though.

happy :)
 November Rain
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/7/2024 5:56:57 PM reply with quote send message to November Rain Object to Post

posted by Lanakila
What is the purpose of WP trying to infiltrate breeds like they do? I know I’ve seen their kennels around, and I was told in another of my kennels to be careful because they try to get people banned. But why aren’t they banned? Super kennels have been a no-no since the beginning of the game..l
They have had people banned via lying to Jeff. He has been shown screenshots of harassing and threatening emails, his actual email, and of the super kennels and nothing has been done about it.

Their goal is to be the top kennel in ALL breeds and have top dogs in all breeds. That can be done without getting people banned and by playing without super kennels. Look at the breed directory for Malamutes, 99% of those are his. The majority of us left. Any kennel that contains the wp prefix belongs to them. Last I counted they had 58 kennels, which they use to take over breeds.
 November Rain
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/7/2024 6:27:36 PM reply with quote send message to November Rain Object to Post

ANY kennel with the WP prefix in it, IS theirs. These kennels have spread into others as mentioned. I do have a list of all their current kennels because to quote Styx: Too Much Time on My Hands *clap clap* lol

Alaskan Malamute breed directory:

https://www.showdog.com/breeds/dog_breed_directory.aspx?breed=Alaskan+Malamute
 DoggyPanache
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/8/2024 5:01:31 PM reply with quote send message to DoggyPanache Object to Post

Guess I won't bother to show any of my Mals unless it's a no handler show. No point in going here.

https://www.showdog.com/shows/show_entries.aspx?show=Briarstone%20Bash5&breed=Alaskan%20Malamute

Replies in this thread : 52
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
In multi-breed and all-breed shows, the winners of all breeds within the kennel club's breed Groups then compete for Group placements.