Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 52
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Saoirse Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/13/2024 6:12:38 AM reply with quote send message to Saoirse Kennel Object to Post

posted by XiZang
What is a youth entry?
An entry by a youth player, I would assume.
 Zoetic
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/14/2024 12:23:06 PM reply with quote send message to Zoetic Object to Post

To Quote Omega-S: WP is a designation used by several people who are part of the same Clan and group of Friends. We all started using the WP designation late last summer to ensure some of the players we were playing against were members of our Clan.

I feel like that in and of itself isn't really allowed either. Anyone could just SAY that it's a group of family members or friends playing under the same name but it not be.

The whole point is for each individual kennel to be an independent. Example: If you want to keep a stud private, you keep it private in the kennel you want it in and use it within that kennel, not put it up for stud, flip to another kennel and use it, then turn it off again so no one else can use it.

"There is a bit of a gray area regarding just how much business can be done between two kennels before they are acting as a cooperative. In order to ensure that kennels are operated independently of each other, certain restrictions are put into place to ensure fair play."

On the other hand...

If WP people are truly playing as INDEPENDENT players, that would be the exact same as everyone else on the game who has a family account with similar or differing names and it wouldn't matter.

If you can
- play independently in each kennel
- think of the other players who have been here for years developing the breeds that you are currently in
- disperse your show entries to multiple shows but also keep a show or two open for other players to enter theirs (to keep the schedule of points down)
- not spread hearsay

...things would be a lot easier on this GAME that we all love and are the 0.000000000001% of the world's population who loves this tiny dog showing niche text-based computer game where the community should be uniting rather than trying to sabotage others.

Let's be kind to each other!! Heck if I was rich and had a lot more time, I would get a few family accounts as well and might reuse a prefix among them! But it's really about how we can all play the game and have fun while not hurting anyone else.

I will say I appreciate they aren't CLOSED kennels!!! They keep studs up and a LOT!

And one other thing, in the whole scheme of things, how does this really differ from SD being popular back in the day with a lot more kennels in each breed? I think I personally because so accustomed to having one or no other breed competitors that I'd be shocked into having 7 or 8 other full kennels in the breed suddenly too.

BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/14/2024 5:12:19 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

posted by Zoetic
To Quote Omega-S:
And one other thing, in the whole scheme of things, how does this really differ from SD being popular back in the day with a lot more kennels in each breed? I think I personally because so accustomed to having one or no other breed competitors that I'd be shocked into having 7 or 8 other full kennels in the breed suddenly too.

There were a lot of fish in the pond and gave solid base for the game to thrive on. Currently, the ponds really small. So when you have a big fish sucking all the oxygen out of the pond, it makes life miserable for the other fish.

Will
 Night Watch Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/14/2024 6:52:37 PM reply with quote send message to Night Watch Kennel Object to Post

posted by BarStar
posted by Zoetic
To Quote Omega-S:

There were a lot of fish in the pond and gave solid base for the game to thrive on. Currently, the ponds really small. So when you have a big fish sucking all the oxygen out of the pond, it makes life miserable for the other fish.

Will

Precisely.
 Zoetic
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/14/2024 7:27:11 PM reply with quote send message to Zoetic Object to Post

Then grow.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/14/2024 11:04:53 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

posted by Zoetic
Then grow.
Zoetic -

Grow what? Grown into a bigger fish and take up more oxygen in the pond?

Will
 Zoetic
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/15/2024 10:40:40 AM reply with quote send message to Zoetic Object to Post

Believe you me, this has happened times before and no one has said anything about it because they used different prefixes. I wonder if it wasn't all "WP" would anyone have really noticed or said anything?

The concerns about this "clan" are valid concerns and should be dealt with by the admin or at least be spoken to if they are truly screwing up gameplay for others enough for ppl to not want to pay to play the game anymore.

I have been a player on here for a long time and have also had to deal with stuff like this a few times, having been squashed down as a small or side breeder of any particular breed where there's a lot of players or a player with a few kennels. You deal with it, figure out a way to play with them, or leave the breed and do something else, which anyone can do with great success because every breed is the same programming. There's a few breeds I love IRL that I don't play on here because of their gameplay.

It's just an effect of freedom on this game and being paying members with no restrictive programming and gray areas and toeing the line of rules with no consequences for going past it.

Some people over-stack shows to get their dogs on the All-Time list, which brings the breed to the top breeds list.

Just want to say I get it from their side although I do think taking over breeds is unnecessary. It's the opposite of what's happening to so many breeds on the game where no one is in the breed or there's one kennel who if they quit the breed has to go back to zero.

They put up their studs, show, buy dogs, keep the gameplay going just like everyone else, are in tons of different breeds just like a lot of other players are, and have their own prerogative to do what they want to do with their own extra free time and money. There just needs to be some communication and clearing up since it's become such a thing now and I'm sure the gossip has spread throughout the community at this point. How would you feel if this whole thing was directed at you.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/15/2024 12:41:21 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

posted by Zoetic
How would you feel if this whole thing was directed at you.
I would accept the consequences of my actions.

Will
 pooh98
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/15/2024 2:36:10 PM reply with quote send message to pooh98 Object to Post

posted by BarStar
posted by Zoetic
How would you feel if this whole thing was directed at you.
I would accept the consequences of my actions.

Will

Well said Will
 Zoetic
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/15/2024 10:50:55 PM reply with quote send message to Zoetic Object to Post

Excellent!
 Kimoko
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/14/2024 5:11:40 PM reply with quote send message to Kimoko Object to Post

You said "Just the opposite, my mom, sister, and brother-in-law went to bat for you at the end of December when your other accounts and another player were banned for the two of you harassing one another."

boy have you got the story wrong. Also as you can see, not banned. LOL. I did quit however. Thanks to you guys. Hope you are all proud.

Basic User

Basic User
4/14/2024 6:55:02 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

posted by Kimoko
Also as you can see, not banned. LOL. I did quit however. Thanks to you guys. Hope you are all proud.
I honestly have lost track of who is who related to this Clan account system.

Thank you for supporting the game while you played.

Will

Replies in this thread : 52
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.