Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Why are my dogs not doing well in shows?
 Star Strike
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/10/2019 1:44:15 AM reply with quote send message to Star Strike Object to Post   

They’re completely sessions & have 100 SOP.... I’m not understanding why they’re always placing so low.

www.showdog.com/shows/breed_results.aspx?show=West+Rich+34&breed=Borzoi
 Dances And Prances
Basic User

Basic User
4/10/2019 9:30:54 AM reply with quote send message to Dances And Prances Object to Post

Hey! I am their breeder...

Borzoi are a competitive breed and there are lots of 100 sop dogs! Those two are definitely finishable.

1.) Keep sessioning show obedience, even though they are at 20.. I have found extra sessions help.

2.) Handler selection! This is hugely important... when you go on the page to choose the handler.. to the right is a list called “The Judge’s list” .. it lists the judge’s favorite handlers and a number next to them.. always choose the handler with the lowest number available (1,2,3, 5 etc..).

3.) Make sure the judge doesn’t prefer owner handlers as well.. in this case you don’t need a handler. (Click on the judge name to see their preferences).

4.) If your girl is bred she is not going to do well in shows until after she has puppies.. usually a day or two after she will be good.

5.) Try to get one of the top three handlers for a particular judge.. or enter a different show.. especially if the judge is “very political”.

Good luck.. feel free to message me if you need more help!

Dances And Prances
Basic User

Basic User
4/10/2019 9:36:26 AM reply with quote send message to Dances And Prances Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by Star Strike
They’re completely sessions & have 100 SOP.... I’m not understanding why they’re always placing so low.

www.showdog.com/shows/breed_results.aspx?show=West+Rich+34&breed=Borzoi

You need to change your handlers for tomorrow’s show.. to do that, find “My Entries” on the left, and select change handler.

Annee Lino on the girl.

Rogane Tuller on the boy.

That is what I would do.. and don’t enter your girl until after she has puppies.. maybe the 16th?

*** Definitely enter shows way ahead of time and select handlers.. I do this a whole month ahead in Borzoi.

-----
Last edited by Dances And Prances on 4/10/2019 9:44:00 AM
 Star Strike
Basic User

Basic User
4/11/2019 12:06:07 AM reply with quote send message to Star Strike Object to Post

Ah thanks so much for the info. I was definately doing the handler part wrong (I thought too of the list was best :/ )

I appreciate all the advice!

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.