Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Questions about Retired Dogs?
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/21/2019 5:39:35 PM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post   

Why does my retired dogs count against my kennel limit? I thought that they did not count against the kennel limit. Am I correct or am I just making things up?
 Pembroke Pixie Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/21/2019 6:13:44 PM reply with quote send message to Pembroke Pixie Kennel Object to Post

According to your kennel page you don't have any dogs on your retirement couch? Those are the ones that don't count happy :)
 residential5
Basic User

Basic User
3/21/2019 6:34:19 PM reply with quote send message to residential5 Object to Post

You have to formally retire them. Just because they are 120 days old doesn’t make them retired.
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
3/21/2019 6:57:36 PM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

Yes. I've since FDed them because I was unable to breed. I had three dogs I was using in obedience. Since I've removed them, I am able to breed again.
 BeauBlanc
Basic User

Basic User
3/30/2019 11:07:00 PM reply with quote send message to BeauBlanc Object to Post

So you were actually not able to do anything? I retired a dog today because I was over the limit and although it still shows as part of the "total dogs" count, I can now show/breed etc. normally again.
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2019 6:10:57 AM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

I was unable to breed or buy. I ended up having to rehome all four retired dogs. Here at the end of this week, I will have more dogs to retire and will see if it does it again.
 Intrinsicc
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/31/2019 4:10:49 PM reply with quote send message to Intrinsicc Object to Post

I have noticed when I retire my dogs to retirement couch they do not immediately go off my total dogs list or allow me to immediately enter a show if over by that dogs number but usually do within a day so think I remember reading that it isn’t instantly registered in the game. I just retired a female and it didn’t change my numbers but my guess is tomorrow it will be changed., so I always take that fact in mind when knowing I am going to be coming up on my top numbers and want to retire one.
 BeauBlanc
Basic User

Basic User
4/1/2019 12:59:29 AM reply with quote send message to BeauBlanc Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by Intrinsicc
I have noticed when I retire my dogs to retirement couch they do not immediately go off my total dogs
This is what happened with mine, after retirement yesterday it was still reading 31 total dogs, but today it dropped to 30. I was immediately able to enter shows though, which is a bit strange.

Edit: Actually it says I have 30 dogs on the "My Account" page, but 31 dogs on the "My Dogs" page. I don't even know anymore lol.

-----
Last edited by BeauBlanc on 4/1/2019 3:29:02 PM

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.