Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : CH points age limit?
 Pembroke Pixie Kennel
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
3/18/2019 7:14:18 AM reply with quote send message to Pembroke Pixie Kennel Object to Post   

I seem to recall dogs under 30 days being unable to earn points towards a championship title, is this still the case? Would hate to waste money showing a puppy if it won't be finishable till 30 days!
 Vortex*
Basic User

Basic User
3/18/2019 10:38:15 AM reply with quote send message to Vortex* Object to Post

It might have something to do with the breed and how quickly it can be sessioned to be shown, but in Akitas, I have this one-
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16745449
She is still under 30 days, and has a 3 point Major, so I think one can get a Championship on their dog under 30 days of age.
Hope this helps
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/18/2019 11:13:51 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

That has never been the case on SD.

Most dogs didnt finish before 30 days in the past because dogs didnt settle until 10 days old. This is no longer the case.

Like the above user said, depends on the breed and how quickly they session, many dogs finish out of the puppy classes.
 Pembroke Pixie Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/18/2019 2:46:21 PM reply with quote send message to Pembroke Pixie Kennel Object to Post

Ah thank you! Think it was showcats that had the 30 day rule then happy :)

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler