Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : What is everyone up to?
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

System.__ComObject
2/17/2019 7:11:52 PM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post   

Just curious as to what everyone is up to on here.
 TurkeyTracks
Basic User

Basic User
2/17/2019 8:56:51 PM reply with quote send message to TurkeyTracks Object to Post

im back after being gone for 6 years, its sure dead around here
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
2/17/2019 9:22:13 PM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

That is what I was thinking. Seems like everyone is doing their own thing and not a whole lot of interactions. Everyone seems to be working on their own projects and I'm curious what everyone is working on.
I used to play LONG ago, lost my account information, so just restarted.
Well, welcome back!
 BeauBlanc
Basic User

Basic User
2/17/2019 11:35:08 PM reply with quote send message to BeauBlanc Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I also restarted about a month ago. It is very quiet for sure, and it seems to be pretty much abandoned by Jeff which is disappointing. It's simple things like I wish he'd upload the rest of the breed images, as I guess they are mostly finished. We do still pay for memberships after all.

I decided to source breed Anatolian Shepherds as they were near the bottom of the breed list and my boy is a mix IRL. There are no active breeders so I also compete against myself for the fun of it haha, and an SOP of 8 is competitive. wink ;) I don't mind just doing my own thing as I'm busy and really only log in for maybe 15 minutes a day, but I do kind of miss the good old days. (My basic account has the 10 year badge, I can't believe it has been that long!)

Beau

-----
Last edited by BeauBlanc on 2/17/2019 11:35:55 PM
 Halcyon Design
Basic User

Basic User
2/18/2019 2:14:55 AM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Design Object to Post

I’ve been here a long long time and I log in almost every day. I think it’s just knowing how much work I’ve put into each kennel that keeps me here - but now that some of my breeds are at or close to 100 I wonder if I’ll stick around after they’ve all done it. I also miss the interactions I used have here and the sense of real competition this game used to give.
 DoogieG6521
Basic User

Basic User
2/18/2019 3:45:56 AM reply with quote send message to DoogieG6521 Object to Post

Welcome back! I've been here through the duration and since the beginning. It's sad to see SD slowly fading away. I still have my original breed, which is also my RL breed. Unfortunately, it has been ruled by a super kennel for years now, so I rarely show. My second breed is a ghost town. I think I am the only active player right now. Mostly I have been working at breeding in both breeds.
I don't want to give up, so I keep on Keepin On. I have considered dropping my subscription several times, but just can't bring myself to do it. Sentimental, I guess.
 Lisboa
Basic User

Basic User
2/18/2019 4:05:36 AM reply with quote send message to Lisboa Object to Post

Hi people
Yes, I'm a SD tragic.
Still here, working on colours, sops etc
 TurkeyTracks
Basic User

Basic User
2/21/2019 6:16:29 PM reply with quote send message to TurkeyTracks Object to Post

I opened DodgeCity back up for my shibas and cant find any for sale or studs, so had to go for source dogs. Im doing IRWS in this one, again no stud dogs up for breeding.
 Diasonia
Basic User

Basic User
2/22/2019 7:13:03 AM reply with quote send message to Diasonia Object to Post

I am into color projects for three breeds, I really do enjoy getting different colors back into the game.
One of the breeds though is pretty quiet, so it is getting a little boring.
I noticed that there aren't too many people interested in purchasing dogs, so I FH a lot of good ones.

Other breeds, just the usual "grind" for better SOPs and showing, but I get bored with that. I find breeds that are "lonely" and try to get involved in them as well. At least a little. But I often find myself over the limit that way.
 Calore
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/22/2019 9:14:22 AM reply with quote send message to Calore Object to Post

I'm back after a long time off as well... I can't believe how quiet the forums are! It would be nice for the game to make a comeback!

I'm currently playing in a few breeds with my accounts, but I definitely miss the community aspect of the game.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/22/2019 10:40:41 AM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

I’ve been here for 14 years.
It was much more interactive back then.
The American Cocker forum was the busiest, chattiest, group of all the breed groups.
Now, not so much.

What am I doing?
Well, I got back my Blacks and now that I have those, I’m working on lowering the HQ on the breed. Right now, many deformed ACS are winning..LOL
We have great heads though. laugh :D

I was told years ago, a cocker doesn’t run on its head so everything else should be built properly..

That’s what I’m doing, in this kennel.
 Gracefield
Basic User

Basic User
2/23/2019 7:12:00 AM reply with quote send message to Gracefield Object to Post

I used to be really active long ago. Left and then came back. The breeds I am involved in I am working on SOP and started from starters in one breed. Only one of my breeds may get to 100 in anywhere close to the near future, so hopefully I will have enough inspiration to stick around. But there is way less interaction than there used to be. It seems a shame that admin seems to have jumped ship.
But welcome, and if I can ever be of assistance, message me!

Replies in this thread : 11

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.