Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : To those in 100 SOP breeds...
 Mcintosh Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/26/2018 9:01:18 PM reply with quote send message to Mcintosh Kennel Object to Post   

Is there a method to the madness with breeding and choosing pups to session and show?

As much as I would like to round out my Poodle kennels (I have Minis and Toys), I just don't know what there is to be done.
 Windgate
Basic User

Basic User
12/27/2018 9:13:20 AM reply with quote send message to Windgate Object to Post

I would imagine Jeff will make an adjustment like he has in the past. Because of the hidden decimals, none of our 100s are really 100.
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/27/2018 12:20:39 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

I have 3 breeds that have reached 100, and honestly, it's really boring. In 2 of them I have only kept 1 bitch just to keep the breeds in my kennel. In the 3rd breed, it's not automatic that they will be 100, so I am still breeding some.
 Rough Edges
Basic User

Basic User
1/17/2019 6:30:32 PM reply with quote send message to Rough Edges Object to Post

I don't know if Jeff plans a reset, as in the past, as not much is being done on this game anymore. I have one breed that is just now hitting 100 and another that is close. Assuming there isn't a reset, I plan to show my first 100, when I get one, and then drop that breed and go for one with a lower SOP. I don't see any point in just breeding 100s, especially since there is no way that I can think of to effectively test more than just a couple of pups against each other.
 Equity Danes
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/20/2019 9:40:12 PM reply with quote send message to Equity Danes Object to Post

Depends on your breed. In Danes I can work on various colors to produce and eventually finish. Hidden decimals stop the whole 100% and last I knew there was not going to be reset. I don't remember which thread that was on though.

Meagen
Equity Danes
Black Raven kennels

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class