Search

.com Forum · American Cocker Spaniel

Replies in this thread : 16

Author Topic : Silver?? Anyone have any and thinking of breeding?
 Angels Among Us
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/6/2018 12:36:40 PM reply with quote send message to Angels Among Us Object to Post   

Hi everyone. I know this was just asked about but would love to add Silver to my kennel. Anyone breeding theirs? Or interested in helping revive the color with source dogs? I have space to bring in source dogs but want to see if others are interested in building them up with me.
Thanks all and see you ringside
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/8/2018 3:34:20 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

I sold a silver....dog..bitch...can’t remember.
I tried to search through my inbox and couldn’t find out who it was. One buyer appears to have no dogs now.

Good luck
You might want to ask Gayle from Gaylanstudio.
She is up on colours.

Carol
 Minneapolis Kennels 1
Basic User

Basic User
12/14/2018 3:16:43 PM reply with quote send message to Minneapolis Kennels 1 Object to Post

I just placed several silvers for sale. I used to play and just logged back in, so they are old.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/14/2018 9:00:35 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 5 time(s)

I forgot to save the link for the silvers I found but I thought it was a fairly prominent kennel (Foxley-some number maybe?)

Let me know if you find one too. I just bred "Charm" - forgot about the silvers. I'll add some silver if I can.

Edit:
Tatanize has a silver male (27days). (The one from CLWYDs I think.)
This is his sire:
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?name=Ch%20Foxley2%20Not%20Your%20Average%20Joe
"Joe" will carry the silver as will Tartanize's dogs dam.

Hopefully Tartanize will put that boy up for stud in a few days . . . And he needs to be on adult food!
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16608915

Silver will be a recessive - you need e/e and ce/ce to see the silver.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 12/14/2018 9:42:25 PM
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/15/2018 12:16:01 AM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

Thanks Gayle.
You found him...LOL
I would never have found him.

Gaylanstudio5
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/15/2018 8:04:48 PM reply with quote send message to Gaylanstudio5 Object to Post

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

Well, I wasn't really planning to do this just now but I bred Red Hott to "Joe". I've been off line for a couple of weeks (long story) and I just realized that she got her Silver Grand the other day so I pulled her and bred her. I figured she might make a gold but it would be a struggle; she's 91 days.

Some of the pups will carry the silver, probably . . . hopefully, maybe. I probably won't be able to tell until I breed them, maybe to Silver Phantom - he seems to be the only silver left and he's a fairly decent boy. I don't fancy going to source with such a recessive colour.

Edit:
Ok, I bought the two elderly silver tri ladies that were for sale. If Phantom comes up for stud (or sale) and they live long enough, I'll breed them to him or Joe. Lol.

Edit:
Oh, what the heck, I bred those two grannies to Joe. Phantom will get his turn I'm sure.

Angel, if you want pups from any of these litters, I'm happy to share.

-----
Last edited by Gaylanstudio5 on 12/15/2018 8:22:25 PM
 Angels Among Us
Basic User

Basic User
12/17/2018 1:54:28 PM reply with quote send message to Angels Among Us Object to Post

I would be very happy to take a look. I will watch to see if that boy is up for stud, will use him to with my gals. Thanks and I will keep checking in to see puppies arrive.
 Tartanize
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/17/2018 7:01:46 PM reply with quote send message to Tartanize Object to Post

apologies not been able to get online for a few says. Phantom is now listed at stud and he is on adult food. If anyone gets a silver bitch from any litters i would love to buy one To keep the colour going in the breed
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/17/2018 11:33:18 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

Thanks.
Lets hope for Silver with my 2 litters on the 23rd.

Carol
 AngelAviary
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/18/2018 2:21:09 PM reply with quote send message to AngelAviary Object to Post

Fingers crossed and Im sending a girl or two over to Phantom now.
 AngelAviary
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/18/2018 2:22:20 PM reply with quote send message to AngelAviary Object to Post

Ops replying from a different kennel! Sorry for the confusion.
 Gaylanstudio5
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/22/2018 11:35:13 AM reply with quote send message to Gaylanstudio5 Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I got 3 silver puppies from breeding to Joe - not spectacular but silver out of the elderly silver "grannies".

I put one silver-bi and 3 others up for sale. The two out of LiveWire and Sin City will carry the silver gene. The third is out of Red Hott and will have a 50/50 chance of being a carrier.

Edit:
If someone wants one or both of the silver "Grannies", just offer a dollar - you'll probably get another litter out of them. Breed them to Phantom.

-----
Last edited by Gaylanstudio5 on 12/22/2018 11:58:20 AM
 Angels Among Us
Basic User

Basic User
12/22/2018 7:40:50 PM reply with quote send message to Angels Among Us Object to Post

I picked up the bi silver boy. Will be sure to put him up for stud when old enough! My litter from Joe is here. No silvers but all 3 are up for sale as possible carriers. Feel free to put in an offer, not worried about the money. Looking forward to my litters by Phantom! Got my fingers crossed!
 AngelAviary
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/24/2018 1:49:13 PM reply with quote send message to AngelAviary Object to Post

Not a single silver in either one of my litters from Phantom so fingers crossed for someone else to have some. All pups up for sale. Not bad numbers .
 AngelAviary
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/24/2018 1:49:45 PM reply with quote send message to AngelAviary Object to Post

Ops again replying from another kennel! Sorry
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/24/2018 2:02:55 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Angel - all those pups that Phantom sired will be carriers.

You will not see silver unless the other parent also carries it so you should be keeping some of those carriers that have nice numbers. Breed them to a silver if you can and you should get some silvers, to buffs and reds if you can't find a suitable silver.

Avoid breeding to black, brown, and probably sable too as these "dark pigment" varieties will hide silvers.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/24/2018 5:22:12 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Breeding to black was my mistake but I did keep one to breed to onother when possible.
I have 2 now, a buff and a buff &white that will whelp in a day or so.

Carol

-----
Last edited by Clwyd Cockers on 12/24/2018 5:24:18 PM

Replies in this thread : 16

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.