Search

.com Forum · Schipperke

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Play nice
 Blitzstan
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/28/2018 3:33:11 AM reply with quote send message to Blitzstan Object to Post   

A little disappointed to see that someone has entered their dogs against my Coloured starter dogs two days on the trot. When I have specifically selected a show with no other schips entered.

Do you really need the points that badly to steal them from starter dogs?

I have pulled the rest of my entries.
 Aldeberan
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/29/2018 11:18:47 PM reply with quote send message to Aldeberan Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Bottom line, starters are not competitive and will not win against better dogs. You can't expect someone showing a competitive dog not to enter because you have starters. Starters are not show quality. I can see showing them to see how they might rank under a particular judge, but you can see that just as well without winning the points.

-----
Last edited by Aldeberan on 11/29/2018 11:19:52 PM
 Rossett Spaniels
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/30/2018 1:26:49 AM reply with quote send message to Rossett Spaniels Object to Post

posted by Aldeberan
Bottom line, starters are not competitive and will not win against better dogs. You can't expect someone showing a competitive dog not to enter because you have starters. Starters are not show quality. I can see showing them to see how they might rank under a particular judge, but you can see that just as well without winning the points.

-----
Last edited by Aldeberan on 11/29/2018 11:19:52 PM

Ditto what she said.
Starter dogs, in my opinion, are not meant to show.
I’ve been breeding true starters, in Caulfeilds, for 12 or 13 years. Never once have I tried to show them. Quite a waste of money.

Carol

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.