Search

.com Forum · Weimaraner

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Weimaraner Schedule of Points
 X-treme
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/6/2018 7:58:10 AM reply with quote send message to X-treme Object to Post   

Just wondering why this breed has such a high number of dogs/bitches needed for Majors?

Seems a bit weird since there are no dogs currently being shown.
 GaylanStudio1
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/9/2018 7:08:19 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio1 Object to Post

The point schedule for bitches is the same as the other breeds at the bottom of the popularity chart. Dogs are one dog higher than for bitches for some reason. The rates are the same for both sexes for other nearby breeds.

I wouldn't call it a big difference but it is a bit odd in the case of the Dogs. There were some being shown in August - it's a while ago but perhaps it's still having an effect. I'm not sure about the other breeds.
 GaylanStudio1
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/10/2018 12:46:28 AM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio1 Object to Post

Well they're all entered in all the no handler events.

We have NINE dogs in the Nationals!

Gonna be some red champions come Nationals day I'll bet!
 X-treme
Basic User

Basic User
11/10/2018 6:21:19 AM reply with quote send message to X-treme Object to Post

Not to harp on this- but normally when there are no dogs being shown, the points should drop...
This is the current schedule of points
Schedule of Points

Sex 1 2 3 4 5 (Points Received]
Dogs 3 4 5 6 7 {Dogs Needed}
Bitches 2 3 4 5 6 {Bitches Needed}

Now I agree that the bitches are now showing as normal, the dogs are still high.

When I first posted this topic, the schedule for the breed was a bit higher, so I guess it will straighten itself out.

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.