Search

.com Forum · Spanish Water Dog

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Colors
 Shaiyd
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/1/2018 2:05:08 PM reply with quote send message to Shaiyd Object to Post   

I have heard that some folks are looking for certain colors. May I ask what the most common colors are and also what the rarest are.

Thanks!

Oh and I just set up a speciality for this breed under one of my other kennels on 10/30.

Shayid
 Gracefield
Basic User

Basic User
10/1/2018 6:19:49 PM reply with quote send message to Gracefield Object to Post

I don't know what the rare colors are but seems like the most common are brown and black. I think that parti-colored dogs are less common, but UnicornWorld and I have been working on breeding for color
 UnicornWonderland
Basic User

Basic User
10/2/2018 1:33:38 PM reply with quote send message to UnicornWonderland Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

White and Beige are pretty much non-existent for now.

Color mixes are slowly coming back (black & white, brown & white, white & beige etc)

Most common are black and brown.

-----
Last edited by UnicornWonderland on 10/2/2018 3:04:01 PM
 Gracefield
Basic User

Basic User
10/2/2018 2:20:52 PM reply with quote send message to Gracefield Object to Post

I've got a couple beige in my kennel, but no whites left. I did have a few starters but nothing with a competitve SOP that were white. So I have gene carrying offspring.
 Gracefield
Basic User

Basic User
10/2/2018 2:21:46 PM reply with quote send message to Gracefield Object to Post

Whoops, I do have one white stud coming up
 UnicornWonderland
Basic User

Basic User
10/2/2018 3:03:24 PM reply with quote send message to UnicornWonderland Object to Post

OH! I can't wait for the white stud!!!!

I have several beige girls that are coming of age soon, I didn't have too much luck with keeping the color and high SOP. Work in progress though.
 Gracefield
Basic User

Basic User
10/2/2018 4:43:17 PM reply with quote send message to Gracefield Object to Post

showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16489632

Not show quality SOP, but it isn't awful.
 Shaiyd
Basic User

Basic User
10/2/2018 11:05:13 PM reply with quote send message to Shaiyd Object to Post

I tossed up a few for sale. One is a white & brown dog with a 49 SOP. Not the best for showing but perhaps for breeding...
 Panicstation
Basic User

Basic User
10/3/2018 2:56:01 PM reply with quote send message to Panicstation Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Starting out, with mainly black and brown. I do have 2 beige which I have a litter due to settle from tomorrow morning, will be interesting to see what they produce...should just be beige pups as do not think 'si' or 'sw' to cause the white markings are in either parent.

Beige stud is 62sop, 19.7 ss
showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16484310

-----
Last edited by Panicstation on 10/3/2018 4:07:15 PM

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.