Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : SDPerformance Dogs - Dog Trials - 20 SEPT 2018
 rhondacline
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/16/2018 10:21:02 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

SD PERFORMANCE DOGS SPORTS TRIAL
Trial Date: Thursday, September 20, 2018
Entries Open: NOW
Entries Close: Thursday, September 20th – 10:00 AM EST
Results to be posted here as they are finalized.

Dogs should be registered with SD Performance Dogs in order to participate.
You can view the Registry to see your dog’s Trait scores and to obtain your Registry #.
Link to Registry - www.sdperformancedogs.weebly.com
If you have sent in your registration request, but have not been assigned traits/reg # - indicate PENDNG on the entry form for your Reg #

AGE LIMITS:
There is no age limit on Canine Good Citizen
Agility requires a dog to be 15 months (37 GameDays) or older.
Hunt Tests requires a dog to be 6 months (14 GameDays) or older.
Field Trials is dependent on the class, but in general 6 months or older.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

AGILITY: This week and next week we will continue to offer just the Novice level. At that point we should have some folks title and we will begin to offer Open.

NEW THIS WEEK….
HUNT TESTS and FIELD TRIALS for Pointers, Retrievers and Spaniels & Flushing Breeds
(Field Trials for Basset Hounds, Beagles and Dachshunds will be added at a later date if there is interest.)

If you need to learn more about Hunt Tests and Field Trials (like I did) – check out the “info sheets”
These sheets give the details on the sport, titles available, requirements for the titles and will also store our qualifier and title holder records. You can go to the website www.sdperformancedogs.weebly.com and click on Sports & Titles – you’ll find a link under the sport description to the info sheets/files.

Good luck everyone!
Here’s the link to the ENTRY FORM - https://goo.gl/forms/KkJseqIWv2GwvFjo2

Here’s the link to VIEW ENTRIES -
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h6BhZ_-to4tnuv-pIrf3MV7u_FxtIEclTlT3czvHC-s/edit?usp=sharing

and here's the handy dandy count down timer

urtesy of https://www.pending.me.uk

-----
Last edited by rhondacline on 9/16/2018 10:22:02 PM
 TriStar Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/18/2018 11:05:43 AM reply with quote send message to TriStar Kennels Object to Post

Are Setters allowed to compete in the field and hunt tests? They typically are a pointing breed....
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
9/18/2018 12:26:52 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

You bet!

Eligible breeds are all listed on the "Info Sheets" linked above - www.sdperformancedogs.weebly.com - then choose Sports and Titles - each sport will link to a spreadsheet where you will find all the details - info about the sport, how we are judging, any breed or age restrictions, a page where we track qualifying and a page with title holders.

Edited as there was a big error on eligible breeds.
The following is correct (I believe)
(I assumed breeds eligible for hunt test were also eligible for field trial and that is not true.)

HUNT TEST POINTERS: Brittany, Pointer, German Shorthaired Pointer, German Wirehaired Pointer, English Setter, Gordon Setter, Irish Setter, Irish Red & White Setter, Spinone Italiano, Vizsla, Weimeraner, Wirehaired Pointing Griffon

HUNT TEST RETRIEVERS: American Water Spaniel, Chesapeake Bay Retriever, Curly Coated Retriever, Flat Coated Retriever, German Shorthaired Pointer, German Wirehaired Pointer, Golden Retriever, Irish Water Spaniels, Labrador Retrievers, Miniature Poodles, Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers, Spinone Italiano, Standard Poodles, Vizsla, Weimeraner, Wirehaired Pointing Griffon

HUNT TEST SPANIELS: Airedale Terriers, American Water Spaniels, Chesapeake Bay Retrievers, Clumber Spaniels, Cocker Spaniels, Curly Coated Retrievers, English Cocker Spaniels, English Springer Spaniels, Field Spaniels, Flat Coated Retrievers, Golden Retrievers, Irish Water Spaniels, Labrador Retrievers, Sussex Spaniels, Poodles - Standard & Miniature, Welsh Springer Spaniels.

FIELD TRIAL POINTER: Brittany, Pointer, German Shorthaired Pointer, German Wirehaired Pointer, English Setter, Gordon Setter, Irish Setter, Irish Red & White Setter, Spinone Italiano, Vizsla, Weimeraner, Wirehaired Pointing Griffon

FIELD TRIAL RETRIEVER: Chesapeake Bay Retrievers, Curly Coated Retrievers, Flat Coated Retrievers, Golden Retrievers, Labrador Retrievers, Irish Water Spaniels, Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers

FIELD TRIAL SPANIELS: American Cocker, English Cocker, English Springer

** That is how AKC eligibility is listed.

-----
Last edited by rhondacline on 9/18/2018 2:08:54 PM
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
9/19/2018 8:22:29 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

FINAL FULL DAY FOR ENTRIES

There's still plenty of time to submit your dog's info for registration - then just use PENDING in the Registration # spot.

I do hope to get all the stats assigned to our newly registered dogs today. So if you've been waiting to see how your dog's roll went - check the Registry in a few hours.

If you haven't played along with us yet - come join in the fun! Have you ever wondered how your dog would do in Agility - or maybe you have a sporting breed an want to participate in Hunt Tests?

We're set to add Novice Rally and the Herding Instinct test next week - you can vote for what you'd like to see added after that on the separate post with the Poll.

rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
9/20/2018 8:25:22 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

FINAL MINUTES FOR ENTRIES

If you're dog isnt registered and you'd like to compete, go ahead and post a link to your dog and what event you want to enter here

Canine Good Citizen

Agility Novice A
Agility Novice P (Preferred - for older or non-typical agility dogs.)

Must be 15 months (37 Days) and we need your dog's height

Hunt Test - Pointer, Retriever or Spaniel & Flushing Breeds

Field Trial - Pointer, Retriever or Spaniel & Flushing Breeds

(See the breed lists above to see which Hunt Test/Field Trial your dog is eligble for)

Good luck everyone!

I'll post here as I complete judging
 Iceridge
Basic User

Basic User
9/20/2018 11:05:52 AM reply with quote send message to Iceridge Object to Post

Yay! Can't wait for the results happy :)
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
9/21/2018 9:05:27 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

Sorry for the delay.
Can you believe yesterday and today my boss had a bunch of projects that kept me tied up almost all day long!

I did complete CGC scoring late last night
and I just finished up with Agility

I figured I would go ahead and send out those results

https://tinyurl.com/ybco5ks7

Scoring is still being tweaked.
I'm happier than I was - but still not exactly where I think it should be.
I did find a few sites listing Agility results - Yikes - Novice A has about a 30-35% Q rate.

ANYHOW... the other thing I did different this time - during scoring I only viewed dogs by Reg # - I didn't add their names until after scoring was complete. So during the scoring process I have no idea who is who.

So, the results were a surprise to me too!

I should have the Hunt Tests done tomorrow.
Those are really quick/easy formulas and score cards.

Then we just have the Field Trials to tackle.
Woo hoo! Congrats to our winners!
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2018 10:25:28 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

All judging is now complete!

https://tinyurl.com/ybco5ks7

A HUGE thank you!! to everyone who participated.
I see we have a number of dogs on the Registration list. We'll try to get them taken care of tomorrow.

AND we will open entries for Thursday's trial tomorrow.

We'll offer everything we had last week
PLUS Rally Novice and Herding Instinct or Test
(I need to do some research first) will be NEW this week.

For all my agility peeps - this week will be very exciting as we will see our first Agility titles earned! Woo hoo! We have a number of dogs who just need that 3rd Q - pretty cool!
 Alibi
Basic User

Basic User
9/23/2018 9:05:57 AM reply with quote send message to Alibi Object to Post

Thank you for doing all of this!!!

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.