Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 28
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Performance Traits and Titles Idea...
 rhondacline
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/25/2018 11:34:00 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post   

So, I was just thinking how it would be so nice if I could earn a TD or TDX with my bloodhounds and was trying to figure out how you could do it.

I played for a while on some Sims horse games which utilizes spreadsheets and randomizers for their characteristics and competitions.

first we'd need a "registry" - a spreadsheet that lists each dog participating... when you register your dog you would receive your dogs randomly "rolled" performance stats (a number between 1-100, where 50 is perfect)
we would need to made some adjustments for breed characteristics....
Large breeds perhaps receive their "strength roll" between 50-100 and small breeds get a roll between 1-25, medium breeds get a roll between 25-75.... any way all of those type of details can be worked out

in essence the spreadsheet would allow us to give participating dogs "Performance Traits" - the sheet would be on Google sheets and is viewable by everyone

Then for each event/test we would come up with a "Formula" involving the guidelines for the actual test, the dog's traits and a randomizer which would score each dog's test.

The "Registry Spreadsheet" would be where we keep track of scores and titles earned. On SD maybe we'd just add it in notes or the call name.

Additionally we could make the performance traits "inherited" so when you breed two dogs that are in the registry - we would use the parents traits when assigning traits to the puppies.

We could basically offer all the AKC performance events and titles.

Anyone interested in something like that?
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/25/2018 1:09:31 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

There are more than a few glitches and missing things I'd like to see addressed before we add more things to the site that only a handful of people would participate in.
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
8/25/2018 1:18:54 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

This would be player run and completely separate from as other than the dog
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/25/2018 1:42:01 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

Oh, sorry, I didnt realize it was user implemented. I thought it would be coded into the site.

I guess in that case, that would be interesting.
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
8/25/2018 5:52:46 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

Example:

Let's say I'm hosting a CGC event.

Participating players would enter their dogs who have been "registered" and assigned trait stats.

in this example I chose to assign traits with a range of 1-10 (1 being very poor / 10 being outstanding)
except Temperament where 5 is the perfect score.

The CGC evaluation has 10 parts that are all Pass or Fail - and the test requires that you pass all 10 in order to earn the CGC

for each part of the test we look at the dog's traits

1. Accept a friendly stranger
If the Temperament is, 3-8 = Pass
If the Temperament is 1-2 or 9-10 we Roll the Dice - Even Passes, Odd Fails

2. Sits politely for petting
We will look at Temperament + Biddability
If Temp is 3-8 & Bidd is 6-10 Bidd = Pass
All others we roll the dice - Even Passes, Odd Fails

For each portion of the test there would be similar "scoring rules" with a final "Mr Murphy" roll

With the Mr Murphy roll I'm thinking we can also add the ability to better your dog's traits - So in the Mr Murphy roll of the dice - you might turn a passing test to a fail or you might be able to add a point to your dog's intelligence trait.

Anyhow, just an idea I was playing around with
to add a little something to the game.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/25/2018 6:00:27 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I think its great if you can get these going!

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 8/25/2018 6:02:09 PM
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
8/26/2018 2:34:00 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

So, why don't we try a test run...

we'll do the Canine Good Citizen title
if you'd like to play along you'll need to register your dog so that we can assign "performance" stats.

For our current purposes just reply to this post with links to the dogs you want to register and test.
Let's limit it to 2 dogs per kennel for the moment. (max 10 dogs per player)

Our event will take place on
Thursday, Sept 6

every dog that is registered (deadline Sept 5) will automatically be entered into the CGC test on Sept 6th

additionally, you might add what title/s you would like to see added next. (If we have enough interest to proceed)

(Let me know if I need to add additional info on the CGC test/title.)

Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/26/2018 4:28:22 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

Can altered dogs or bitches participate? I'm not sure of the RL rules for CGC
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
8/26/2018 5:35:21 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

Yes. Retired/altered dogs are welcome
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/26/2018 5:54:35 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

Great, in that case, I'd like to see how my old Blondie would fare:

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16210045
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
8/26/2018 7:16:36 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

Ok,
here's the link to the "REGISTRY" Database/Spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tYy7R4FBIPAvs5YfMoTew-sqgHvCWl05ujYMPmui_QA/edit?usp=sharing

here you can see how the traits are assigned when your dog is registered.

I've gotten Comet's Toy Poodle register and a few of my own dogs.

rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
8/28/2018 11:43:22 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

bumping - hoping we can get some more interest ...
 Iceridge
Basic User

Basic User
8/28/2018 12:00:41 PM reply with quote send message to Iceridge Object to Post

I"ll try with this old guy... he's my top winning Sam and one Ch shy of his Silver Merit Award...

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16006578
 Alibi
Basic User

Basic User
8/28/2018 12:03:47 PM reply with quote send message to Alibi Object to Post

This is fun... let's see how he does,

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16400749
 Willowcreek
Basic User

Basic User
8/28/2018 12:07:28 PM reply with quote send message to Willowcreek Object to Post

I"ll put Quinn in from this kennel and I"ll go trough my other kennels and add some breed variety.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16365108
 ShadowRun Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/28/2018 12:07:57 PM reply with quote send message to ShadowRun Kennel Object to Post

TriStar Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/28/2018 12:08:37 PM reply with quote send message to TriStar Kennels Object to Post

Artesia
Basic User

Basic User
8/28/2018 12:09:10 PM reply with quote send message to Artesia Object to Post

Kianya Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/28/2018 12:09:49 PM reply with quote send message to Kianya Kennels Object to Post

Icekist
Basic User

Basic User
8/28/2018 12:10:36 PM reply with quote send message to Icekist Object to Post

I've got two old WFT that would like to give it a shot,

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16168444

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15980967
 Wikeen.
Basic User

Basic User
8/28/2018 12:17:44 PM reply with quote send message to Wikeen. Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I’ll enter these two brothers

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16460805

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16460806

-----
Last edited by Wikeen. on 8/28/2018 12:34:33 PM

Replies in this thread : 28
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.