Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 18

Author Topic : What is with Maret?
 Tarot
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
7/23/2018 4:31:55 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post   

I can't pick Maret Gentile as a handler with any of my dogs. She (or is it a he? I always figured it was a she) shows up but when I click on the circle, nothing happens. I have tried it with several dogs. Now that she/he is #1 again, I thought maybe the dogs weren't sessioned enough but one is 116 days old.

Now I'm going to try from a different kennel. Weird...
 DoggyPanache
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/23/2018 4:40:46 PM reply with quote send message to DoggyPanache Object to Post

Okay, (this is Tarot). I tried it from 3 different kennels with an Afghan in one and other breeds in other kennels. Everyone was able to pick Maret as a handler. Just not my dogs in Tarot.

What the??? I'll try again later.
 Blue Moon Collies
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/23/2018 5:59:32 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Moon Collies Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Oops. Never mind.

-----
Last edited by Blue Moon Collies on 7/23/2018 6:00:20 PM
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/24/2018 2:32:23 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

I have had the same problem in my Kjelvik kennel, it sometimes takes a lot of tries before I get Maret selected, sometimes I just don't succeed.
Other kennels - no problem!

-----
Last edited by Aussiewolfsister on 7/24/2018 2:33:00 AM
 angus my golden retriver
Basic User

Basic User
7/24/2018 5:48:06 AM reply with quote send message to angus my golden retriver Object to Post

I'm having the same issues!
 Sukai Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/24/2018 10:40:51 AM reply with quote send message to Sukai Kennel Object to Post

I just checked and I entered my boy borzoi and put her on him with no problem
 Sukai Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/24/2018 10:44:28 AM reply with quote send message to Sukai Kennel Object to Post

I just asked my sister and brother and cousin and they don't have a problem either
 Halcyon Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
7/24/2018 1:31:02 PM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Dreams Object to Post

I’ve just put Maret on some dogs with no bother
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/24/2018 4:23:12 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

I can do it in 4 of my 5 kennels, but still not in this one. Very frustrating.
 Degree
Basic User

Basic User
7/26/2018 9:05:40 AM reply with quote send message to Degree Object to Post

are your dogs sessioned 20-20-20?

I vaguely remember the #1 handlers only take fully sessioned dogs and right now I cannot choose Maret with my 19-20-20 male.
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/26/2018 9:22:19 AM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

That is true. However this dog is fully sessioned, got his championship in his first 3 shows, and has used Maret in the past. When the dog isn't sessioned enough, I think the judge just doesn't show up to be selected. In this case, Maret is there, but when I click, the little circle stays white. The first time it happened, I didn't realize it and ended up with poor old Aary as the judge. I withdrew from the show and entered it again and that's when I was unable to select Maret. Still can't.
 Degree
Basic User

Basic User
7/26/2018 9:26:41 AM reply with quote send message to Degree Object to Post

Hm, that doesn't add up!

At the risk of sounding redundant, have you tried it on another browser?
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/26/2018 8:12:17 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

I just tried it and was successful! Yay.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/27/2018 3:09:34 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Ok, so I'm really curious. I have always used a lap or desktop with Explorer or Firefox. I know a lot of people are using various mobile devices, so what is everyone using and are you having any issues in general and specifically with ShowDog, ShowHorse, etc.

My main platform:
Acer Laptop, Vista, Firefox

Secondary (probably soon to become primary) Acer Laptop, Windows-10, Firefox.

Backup is an HP, Vista, Firefox Desktop which I don't really use but it's sitting unplugged in the basement room. I could and might use it sometime. . .

(This should probably not be here but anyway, this is where the idea started - thanks all.)

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 7/27/2018 3:11:51 PM
 Halcyon Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
7/27/2018 4:04:26 PM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Dreams Object to Post

I use safari on my iPad, no issues here
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/27/2018 5:19:05 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

(Tarot here). I have never used anything but a laptop (or in the beginning a desktop) with Explorer and now Chrome. Don't own a cellphone and never used my Ipod for Showdog.
 Sukai Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/27/2018 9:35:05 PM reply with quote send message to Sukai Kennel Object to Post

I use my ASUS laptop, Windows 10, and Chrome, I can get on Showdogs on my cell An Samsung 7 edge s with firefox, both are WIFI based I could also use my hubby's a CUK Trion Custom Gaming PC (Intel i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, 500GB NVMe SSD + 2TB, NVIDIA GTX 1080 8GB, Windows 10) The Best New VR Ready Tower Desktop Computer for Gamers, with Chrome which is Hard wired into the internet
I have had no problem with any, I once even used my mom's laptop a Toshiba Satellite, Windows 10, firefox, and hard wired into the internet
 Zinga
Basic User

Basic User
7/29/2018 4:37:39 PM reply with quote send message to Zinga Object to Post

I just had a similar problem with Maret, in a particular circumstance.

If I entered the dog in the show, forgot to add a handler, and then tried to select Maret from the entries / change handler section, I couldn't select Maret.

So I withdrew the dog (no charge as no handler).

Then I entered the dog again and selected the handler immediately, and was fine.
 Aldeberan
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/29/2018 10:56:54 PM reply with quote send message to Aldeberan Object to Post

Weird

Replies in this thread : 18

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing