Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Most easy/hard to session breeds
 Mamba
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/15/2018 1:29:22 PM reply with quote send message to Mamba Object to Post   

I am amazed it takes me aproximately 1.5 months to fully session a Neapolitan Mastiff (on obedience).
What about your breeds, folks?
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
7/15/2018 2:39:20 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

I've got breeds on both sides of the spectrum! Brittanys have really fast sessioning times, I believe they are fully sessioned by 23 days.

On the other hand, in another kennel I've got Norwegian Elkhounds and Schipperke which both take around 34 days to session fully (I believe).

Collies are also pretty quick, I forget what the end date is exactly but by 12 days their muscle tone/coat condition is already at 20 while their obedience is 18.
 Berry Brits
Basic User

Basic User
7/15/2018 2:41:02 PM reply with quote send message to Berry Brits Object to Post

Whoops I meant to post that from here but I guess it doesn't matter too much!
 Halcyon Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
7/15/2018 3:13:17 PM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Dreams Object to Post

Cavaliers are pretty quick
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/15/2018 4:47:51 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

My Poodles are quick to all 20 but my Terriers... forget it. Just like real life! laugh :D
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/15/2018 5:57:43 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

AmStaffs take forever.

Poms are like 34 days.

Goldens, Berners, Pem Corgis, Labs, Newfs, Belgian shep breeds, GSDs, Paps, Rotties, ESS, BCs Aussies, etc are all pretty quick.

Will
 angus my golden retriver
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2018 2:23:05 AM reply with quote send message to angus my golden retriver Object to Post

I find that Welsh Terriers take forever!
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/16/2018 6:12:47 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

In my kennels:

Norwegian Buhunds (the shortest): around 15 days

Keeshonds: around 22 days

Samoyeds: around 26 days

Norwegian Elkhounds (the longest): around 34 days

This of course, depends on me to start sessioning them at 0 days old (I can get slack)

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.