Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : What do the boxes on show pages mean?
 Grasslans**
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
6/25/2018 9:25:41 PM reply with quote send message to Grasslans** Object to Post   

Using this show as an example -
www.showdog.com/shows/show_results.aspx?show=Angus%20Summer%20is%20here

What are the little boxes down the bottom mean? The Top Owner Handled Entries/Top Puppies? Are they anything but a quick list of who the judge liked best on the day in those categories? I assume they don't count for anything but I've always wondered the point to them.

Frank also needs to let his closet borzoi lover out.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/26/2018 12:49:42 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I have no idea what it means! In all these years I've never looked.

However, it made me think - we don't recognize a best puppy in breed, group or show - maybe we should?

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 6/26/2018 12:53:43 PM
 Grasslans**
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/27/2018 9:05:10 PM reply with quote send message to Grasslans** Object to Post

I glance at them every now and again and then forget about them until I see them again.

I suppose that could be considered Best baby in show. I hadn't thought of it that way.

I've got an pup that's ranked highly in them and is yet to get a point, so it will be interesting to see if she does anything later on as an adult under the same judges.
 Berry Brits
Basic User

Basic User
6/27/2018 11:41:11 PM reply with quote send message to Berry Brits Object to Post

I had never seen those before! I’ll have to start keeping an eye on them lol.

From what I’ve glanced at, the results in the boxes don’t line up very closely with actual show results?

It would be very interesting to see how judges’ preferred puppies place in the future!

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.