Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Dont you love it when....
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
6/6/2018 9:38:51 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post   

A dog you are excited about does exceptionally terrible in shows?

Or worse, your duds surprise you? Darn those hidden decimals.
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/6/2018 12:39:29 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

I have a dog like that right now, I thought she would blow away the competition, but she hasn't. LOL
 Berry Brits
Basic User

Basic User
6/6/2018 5:48:15 PM reply with quote send message to Berry Brits Object to Post

I haven't run into any show duds yet, my peeve is when high SOP/good trait dogs end up being terrible producers! I've got one girl who used to be the high SOP of the breed and she hasn't yet produced a pup within 0.2 range of herself... Maybe it's my pick in studs, but you'd think there would've been at least a few good pups among the 5+ breedings I've done. razz :p Meanwhile her much lower SOP sister has produced pups 0.6 over her own SOP. It perplexes me lol.
 ESAN
Basic User

Basic User
6/7/2018 2:38:09 AM reply with quote send message to ESAN Object to Post

I've noticed there's this glitch that makes 9.9 heads virtually non-existent. So they show up as either 9.8 or 10 so in the breeds where heads have a high importance the SOP of any dog with a 9.8 or 10 head that has in reality more of a 9.9 head would be quite different...
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/7/2018 10:02:07 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

I've had girls who shockingly don't produce well at all, too... I give them three tries and FHed they go!

And about decimals, I am working to 10 heads too and I'm sure it is true since 10.2 is all I can get to.
 SilknT
Basic User

Basic User
6/9/2018 11:08:16 PM reply with quote send message to SilknT Object to Post

I have some 10.1 and 9.9 heads.
 ESAN
Basic User

Basic User
6/10/2018 5:32:17 AM reply with quote send message to ESAN Object to Post

Which ones?

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.