Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Well we gave it a good try, closest race ever for Top dog
 Kleenex Goldens
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/30/2018 7:03:42 PM reply with quote send message to Kleenex Goldens Object to Post   

My first ever homebred 100 SOP Golden is neck and neck with my good friend Grasslans Borzoi for Top Dog.

We gave it a good try but all month long Refugio has given the Borzoi bests so I expect tomorrow will seal the deal. CONGRATS

www.showdog.com/shows/results/top_dogs.aspx
 Grasslans
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/30/2018 7:44:30 PM reply with quote send message to Grasslans Object to Post

Thank you.

Congrats on your boy, he has been great.
To be fair to my guy, he was my homebred highest SOP for awhile.

But you watch as another borzoi wins laugh :D there are some great ones out there. Or something completely different, the world cup never seems to have any guarantees.
 Lisboa
Basic User

Basic User
5/31/2018 5:49:09 AM reply with quote send message to Lisboa Object to Post

I once had dog number 2 just before the World Cup. If he won the World Cup he would be top dog for the month.

I felt very confident as the World Cup judge loved my dog and had given him BIS often. He had beaten every dog in his breed against him multiple times. He ALWAYS won BIS under the World Cup Judge.

So on that World Cup a bitch of his breed who had never beaten him before or would ever beat him again won the World Cup.

You can't predict.
 Grasslans
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/31/2018 6:21:04 AM reply with quote send message to Grasslans Object to Post

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

Kleenex - You know what, I think I'm going to go out on a limb and say the borzoi won this month happy :)

Lisboa - I remember that happening. This time though he went with the dog that had been winning under him all month.

-----
Last edited by Grasslans on 5/31/2018 6:28:54 AM
 Halcyon Design
Basic User

Basic User
5/31/2018 4:09:40 PM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Design Object to Post

Well done on the win

Lisa
 AbleBaker
Basic User

Basic User
5/31/2018 5:24:25 PM reply with quote send message to AbleBaker Object to Post

Well done Grasslans
 Grasslans
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/31/2018 7:07:13 PM reply with quote send message to Grasslans Object to Post

Thank you.

The nice thing about it is that he distantly goes back to my only other Cup winner who won over a year ago.
 Kleenex Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
6/1/2018 11:13:35 AM reply with quote send message to Kleenex Goldens Object to Post

it was a fun run. starting this month fresh and I have #1 and #2 lets See if Will Barstar can help as he has the kennels for the next weeks
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/1/2018 6:52:59 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

Thanks for the pressure! haha...

Will
 Grasslans
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/1/2018 7:03:35 PM reply with quote send message to Grasslans Object to Post

No pressure. My attempt at showing at any point now days is just hoping the owner/handler judge likes my dog.

Plus I'm spending this month clearing and closing some kennels.

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.