Search

.com Forum · Wirehaired Pointing Griffon

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Does entering a lot of dogs in Specialty Shows raise the Point Entry Requirements?
 RedWay
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/30/2018 7:49:01 AM reply with quote send message to RedWay Object to Post   

First off I just want to say thank you to those who spend the money on the W. Griff Specialty Shows and I hope I can save enough money to contribute. But I know that entering too many dogs and making majors "easier" to get in the regular shows can skew the numbers at the end of the month and I am trying to be mindful of that, however, does that apply to the specialty shows?

Also thank you to the long time breeders on here for having amazing dogs for sale and stud. Its very appreciative of a newbie happy :)
 Berry Brits
Basic User

Basic User
6/29/2018 2:38:12 AM reply with quote send message to Berry Brits Object to Post

Bumping this because I'd like to know the answer to this question, lol!

I'm not in the breed but I tend to enter a lot of dogs into specialty shows so I want to make sure I'm not jacking up point schedules. D:
 Just Pumi
Basic User

Basic User
6/29/2018 12:38:32 PM reply with quote send message to Just Pumi Object to Post

The point schedule for Pumi are pretty high right now due to some that tend to enter the max dogs (say 9 plus dogs for Pumi)- for the 5 point major- which is not only going to raise the schedule for July, but is not necessary...One only needs to enter the minimum of dogs needed for a 3 point major...It may just take a bit longer to finish or GC a dog.

Also, with the many different shows, the more dogs entered in each show may affect the schedule.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

JP happy :)
 Berry Brits
Basic User

Basic User
6/29/2018 12:45:46 PM reply with quote send message to Berry Brits Object to Post

posted by Just Pumi
The point schedule for Pumi are pretty high right now due to some that tend to enter the max dogs (say 9 plus dogs for Pumi)- for the 5 point major- which is not only going to raise the schedule for July, but is not necessary...One only needs to enter the minimum of dogs needed for a 3 point major...It may just take a bit longer to finish or GC a dog.

Also, with the many different shows, the more dogs entered in each show may affect the schedule.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

JP happy :)

This is true but I was wondering about specialty shows in particular? I’d imagine that the same is true regardless but specialties tend to get a lot more breed entries than usual, so I was curious if there was an exception for them. happy :)
 RedWay
Basic User

Basic User
7/6/2018 1:38:00 PM reply with quote send message to RedWay Object to Post

Thanks for the replies and bumps, always curious about this because I sometimes just enter a bunch of my guys in specialty shows and sometimes regular shows if they need a point or major to finish

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.