Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 18

Author Topic : Non-existent dogs eating my kennel space!
 Hawkeye Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/22/2018 7:54:55 AM reply with quote send message to Hawkeye Kennel Object to Post   

I'm going to email admin about this but I just want to know if anyone else has had the same issue. About 3 days ago I bought a lot of starter dogs, fhing when the traits weren't what I needed. Today I just tried to set up sessions and found I have two dogs called "Purchased Starter Dog 1" who are supposedly 33 days old, yet they dont exist in my kennel except in table view.

These dogs don't exist but they're still counting towards my limit!
 Sand Prairie Flats
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/25/2018 10:42:09 PM reply with quote send message to Sand Prairie Flats Object to Post

Not sure if this is a related issue, but it appears that my retired dogs are counting toward my kennel limit. It says I have 27 dogs, but I only have 20 adults unless you count the retired ones. With the retired ones, then I have 27. But premium user’s retired dogs are not supposed to be counted.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/26/2018 12:08:40 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

I just retired a couple of dogs to test this out.

It did count my RC dogs towards my total dogs.

Will
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/27/2018 12:00:17 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I don't keep retired dogs but it seems that others have answered this before.

I believe you will see a dog count in two different spots - one of them includes your retired dogs and thus the number you are feeding. The other excludes the retired and shows only those that count toward your limit.

Retired dogs do count against the limit for Basics but not for Premiums, as I understand.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 5/27/2018 12:01:48 AM
 Hawkeye Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/27/2018 4:30:31 AM reply with quote send message to Hawkeye Kennel Object to Post

Okay but my issue isn't retired dogs LOL! Its dogs that I have forever homed that for some reason still exist somewhere in my kennel.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/27/2018 11:25:15 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Yeah I know but there are two mentions of the retired dogs counting. They don't but it keeps coming up (lol).

As for your issue, I don't think I've ever seen or heard of that. If they show up in the table view, have you tried accessing them from there? Maybe you need to FH them again. Good luck.
 Hawkeye Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/27/2018 12:06:59 PM reply with quote send message to Hawkeye Kennel Object to Post

Tried that already, unfortunately, I get directed to the dog missing page.
 Bailey Barns
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/27/2018 5:24:37 PM reply with quote send message to Bailey Barns Object to Post

I can’t open your kennel page either. Can anyone else?
 Hawkeye Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/28/2018 4:22:35 AM reply with quote send message to Hawkeye Kennel Object to Post

I cant access my own kennel page by clicking View. This is delightful, plus Jeff has seen my message. Looks like I'm just going to have to live with this
 Halcyon Desires
Basic User

Basic User
5/28/2018 10:12:41 AM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Desires Object to Post

I can’t open your kennel page either. Can you post a link to one of your dogs so we can see if we can access that?
 Hawkeye Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/28/2018 1:42:25 PM reply with quote send message to Hawkeye Kennel Object to Post

Halcyon Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
5/28/2018 1:48:24 PM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Dreams Object to Post

Nope, those links just say “Sorry we can’t find what you’re looking for”
 Just Pumi
Basic User

Basic User
5/28/2018 1:53:46 PM reply with quote send message to Just Pumi Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

you have to have the "www." in front of the showdog.com in order to see dogs

Such as www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16322351

Well- that didn't work

-----

-----
Last edited by Just Pumi on 5/28/2018 1:56:29 PM
 Hawkeye Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/28/2018 5:41:16 PM reply with quote send message to Hawkeye Kennel Object to Post

This such a weird issue :/ those dogs exist in table view but nowhere else apparently. I wouldn't mind so much if they weren't eating up kennel space,and possibly causing a bug with viewing my kennel.

I've pmed Jeff but I really doubt it will be fixed if I'm the only person with the problem.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/28/2018 8:42:24 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Yep, I plugged the ID # into the link for another dog. It does appear that these dogs don't exist.

I wonder if this is connected to the system wide issue from the 6th? If you were doing something when everything went down and things did not complete properly.

No one else can see you. Aside from the extra dogs does anything else seem weird?
 Hawkeye Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/29/2018 9:03:14 AM reply with quote send message to Hawkeye Kennel Object to Post

Nope, I can't see my page either but I mentioned that. My puppies are arriving 20 minutes late but I believe that's a site wide issue
 Hawkeye Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/31/2018 8:08:03 AM reply with quote send message to Hawkeye Kennel Object to Post

No response from Jeff but it has only been 3 days since I last bothered him XD
 Halcyon Design
Basic User

Basic User
5/31/2018 4:08:54 PM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Design Object to Post

I hope you get it sorted soon
 Hawkeye Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/3/2018 10:55:21 AM reply with quote send message to Hawkeye Kennel Object to Post

This is still an issue for me, can't believe it only happened to me XD

Replies in this thread : 18

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing