Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 15

Author Topic : Breed Suggestions
 Wuppet Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/20/2018 9:09:08 AM reply with quote send message to Wuppet Kennel Object to Post   

Breeds I would like to get into:

I want friendly players who will share stud, even if not put up, when asked. I prfer large dogs, but would do some small ones. I loke German breeds, but danes are at 100 and I don'tt know what will happen next

So here are my choices, breeder, give me your opinions. I have several kennels needing new doggies.

Thanks,
Luke

PS. I would prefer dog breeds with room to grow.

Bouvier des Flandres
Briard
Pyrenean Shepherd
Afghan Hound Borzoi tried once before and they were too close to 100 for me to see growth.
American FOxhound
English Foxhound
Greyhound
Norwegian Elkhound
Otterhound
Pharaoh Hound
Plott
Rhodesian Ridgeback
Scottish Deerhound
Thai Ridgeback
Curly Coated Retriever
Irish Setter
Airedale Terrier
Blacvk Russian Gerrier
Boxer
Cane Corso

Caucasian Mountain Dog
Dobermann, (the correct spelling) Pinscher
Dogue de Bordeaux
Giant Schnauzer
Great Pyrenees Greater Swiss Mountain Dog
Kuvasz
Leonberger
Siberian Husky

Argentine Dogo

Any ideas??
 Foxfire Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/20/2018 9:42:56 AM reply with quote send message to Foxfire Kennel Object to Post

I breed Bouvier des Flandres in my other kennel, Crimson Shadows Kennel. There is just me and 1 other breeder showing so theres not too much competition. I am personally trying to prevent inbreeding as much as possible so I currently have dogs consistently with a 98 SOP.

I don't know currently but as of a few months ago I switched from Great Pyrenees but sadly had to switch because there were no studs available.

I also have two Argentine Dogo's in my other kennel since I am casually breeding and finishing all breeds.I have noticed that its really hard to gain any points due to lack of dogs showing. There are a number of dogs up for stud though.

I hope this helps happy :)
 Just Pumi
Basic User

Basic User
5/20/2018 10:23:08 AM reply with quote send message to Just Pumi Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Toy Fox Terrier

Right now, most all the breeders are breeding Source bitches to older studs in order to bring back some lost colors.

So, there is plenty of room to grow!

If you choose this breed, (as of this time), you can make starter bitches for 20.00- or 40.00 if you want color.

(eta) here is a link to the studs we breeders have been using: www.showdog.com/general/user_information.aspx?user=Deltyra

JP

-----
Last edited by Just Pumi on 5/20/2018 10:28:27 AM
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/20/2018 1:21:19 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Airedale!

Larger breed.

Black and tan like a German Shepherd.

I've had BIS with them.

And I'm pretty much the only only one breeding.

All my studs are available - if not just ask, its an oversight. And fairly cheap. There are still some nice studs in Glitterands too (I think).

I'm frequently overstocked, as now, so I sometimes can't show (lol).
 Diasonia
Basic User

Basic User
5/20/2018 8:12:07 PM reply with quote send message to Diasonia Object to Post

Caucasian Mountain Dog 
As far as I know it is me and anoyher active kennel. Hopefully once that kennel has pups with higher SOP, I would be able to get a female to mix with my lines started with source dogs.
I love the colors and there is a lot of room to grow. happy :)
 FireStoaker
Basic User

Basic User
5/20/2018 8:19:57 PM reply with quote send message to FireStoaker Object to Post

I have P Sheps and Scottish Deerhounds in my kennels....great people in both....=)
 Grasslans
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/20/2018 9:47:53 PM reply with quote send message to Grasslans Object to Post

I have in other kennels - Rhodesian Ridgeback, Scottish Deerhound, Boxers and Giant Schnauzer.

All of which I'm more than willing to help someone out with, not to mention throw up studs if asked (I forget most of the time)
 Halcyon Delight
Basic User

Basic User
5/21/2018 1:45:11 AM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Delight Object to Post

I have Boxers in this kennel, not many but happy to help if needed.
 Kjelvik
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/21/2018 2:59:33 AM reply with quote send message to Kjelvik Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Norwegian Elkhounds have 4 large players, friendly and willing to help someone new to the breed.

Elkies have just got over 97.00 SOP.

While I don't have any stock at the moment, in about 5-6 days, I will have to reduce my kennel when my next litters come in, and will have broodies, pups, and even studs available.

I am also willing to lease broodies for a litter.

Most of us keep the stud fees at $25, and put our males up for stud duties with no approval needed. Anytime I forget to put up a boy, I am quite happy to be reminded happy :)

The number of dogs showing can vary from not many to a good number, depending on who has dogs prepared (and when I am not blocked for having an overstocked kennel LOL)

-----
Last edited by Kjelvik on 5/21/2018 3:04:13 AM
 Thundering Hills Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/23/2018 8:35:49 AM reply with quote send message to Thundering Hills Kennel Object to Post

Black Russian Terriers could use another player! I'd be more than happy to help you out happy :)
 Featherrun
Basic User

Basic User
5/23/2018 10:29:32 AM reply with quote send message to Featherrun Object to Post

I breed Pyr Sheps. They are getting competitive in groups. Drop me a line and Ill be happy share high SOP stock. We need more competition!
 PointyHead
Basic User

Basic User
5/23/2018 11:29:26 PM reply with quote send message to PointyHead Object to Post

Hi Luke

Greyhounds have room to grow.

Only white is competitive, yet there are 15 colours.

Top current dog (white) is at 96.00. Other colours down to 60s.

Happy to help with dogs from Frijsland, although I am working on colours so don't have high SOPs.
 Berry Brits
Basic User

Basic User
5/23/2018 11:52:19 PM reply with quote send message to Berry Brits Object to Post

I second Norwegian Elkhounds! I have them in one of my other kennels and can vouch for the super nice breeders, good amount of show entries and low stud fees.

SOPs just reached the 97s so it's a bit higher up there than some other breeds though.

I'm starting to run over limit so this would be a good time to start the breed since I'll be FHing some good brood stock. laugh :D
 tasko
Basic User

Basic User
5/24/2018 2:53:56 AM reply with quote send message to tasko Object to Post

i have a litter of English Foxhounds coming up, feel free to message me if you are interested in buying a puppy (:
 NV
Basic User

Basic User
5/25/2018 11:42:16 AM reply with quote send message to NV Object to Post

If you want to get into Scottish Deerhounds, just shoot me an pm and I'll see what I can do for you. happy :)
 Enchante
Basic User

Basic User
5/25/2018 5:52:28 PM reply with quote send message to Enchante Object to Post

Willing to share some Rhodesian Ridgebacks. Just look at what is in the kennel and offer on anything of interest if you decide to take up the breed.

Replies in this thread : 15

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.