Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 12

Author Topic : Family Account Issue
 Master K-9
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/18/2018 10:05:39 PM reply with quote send message to Master K-9 Object to Post   

I just created a new family account.

I was able to log into two kennels using the passwpord that was generated for me, which I quickly changed. I am not able to log into the other three kennels with either that password, or the one generated for me by the system. When I request my password, I do not receive an email.
 AbleBaker
Basic User

Basic User
5/18/2018 10:29:00 PM reply with quote send message to AbleBaker Object to Post

Try the password that worked for those kennels before you added them to your family
 Master K-9
Basic User

Basic User
5/18/2018 11:03:17 PM reply with quote send message to Master K-9 Object to Post

They were new kennels.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/19/2018 12:09:18 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Try the "Forgot Password".

I just tried it on SD and it seems to work just fine.

When the recent disruption hit I wanted to contact ShowCattle but had forgotten both user name and password. Since I have had the same email forever,
I first got my account name using the email, then the password using the account name.

Now this was on ShowCattle but worked just fine.

The other thing you might try if none of this works is the "User List" (under Community on the left) and see if the new account actually exists. (ShowHorse has an issue with creating new single accounts although it seems to work fine through the Family.)
 Calibre K9
Basic User

Basic User
5/19/2018 10:21:45 PM reply with quote send message to Calibre K9 Object to Post

posted by gaylanstudio
Try the "Forgot Password".

I just tried it on SD and it seems to work just fine.

When the recent disruption hit I wanted to contact ShowCattle but had forgotten both user name and password. Since I have had the same email forever,
I first got my account name using the email, then the password using the account name.

Now this was on ShowCattle but worked just fine.

The other thing you might try if none of this works is the "User List" (under Community on the left) and see if the new account actually exists. (ShowHorse has an issue with creating new single accounts although it seems to work fine through the Family.)

I tried this several times and did not get an email in any of my emails and I checked the junk folders. I have looked on the user list. Accounts are lee kennel and guardian kennel. Look for yourself. Thanks for trying to help.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/19/2018 11:58:56 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Ok, well I did check. There is a Guardian Kennel and a Guardian Kennels and a lee Kennel. All three show as having been logged into 6 hours ago, 1 hour ago, and 7 hours ago at about 11:45 PM May 19.

I'm sorry if I'm missing something here but it looks like someone is logging in.

So. I'm really confused.

Guardian Kennels is now showing as 13 minutes ago at 12:09 AM.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 5/20/2018 12:10:13 AM
 Master K-9
Basic User

Basic User
5/20/2018 12:08:59 AM reply with quote send message to Master K-9 Object to Post

posted by gaylanstudio
Ok, well I did check. There is a Guardian Kennel and a Guardian Kennels and a lee Kennel. All three show as having been logged into 6 hours ago, 1 hour ago, and 7 hours ago at about 11:45 PM May 19.

I'm sorry if I'm missing something here but it looks like someone is logging in.

So. I'm really confused.

You and me both. Remember when I said yo could look? Well, I went and looked myself and saw there were kennels. I notified Jeff that the system did not tell me that those kennels were avialable. If you look at the sign up dates, they are not yesterday, so they must not be my kennels.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/20/2018 12:19:07 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

So, are you saying that that wasn't you 13 or so minutes ago in Guardian?

And yes, they are all old kennels.
Guardian Kennels (plural) is a Basic. the other two show as Family.

I'm beginning to think maybe something is really crossed up - and it may possibly take some time to untangle.

Master K-9
Basic User

Basic User
5/20/2018 12:42:12 AM reply with quote send message to Master K-9 Object to Post

posted by gaylanstudio

I'm beginning to think maybe something is really crossed up - and it may possibly take some time to untangle.

No, it certainly was not. I noticed all three of those kennels have no dogs in them. I did try to request the passwords several times, but since I didn't know they were old kennels, of course, I didn't get the email. Usually when you try and use a name that's already taken, it won't let you, so I thought those two names are safe, but look at this.

You notice that for the guardians and lee, all my kennels are on the same sign up date.

Taken from Guardian Kennel's page:

www.showdog.com/general/user_information.aspx?user=Guardian+Kennel

Prestige: 25.0 (#702)
Signed Up: 7/17/2006
Account Level: Family

Taken from Guardian Kennels Page:

www.showdog.com/general/user_information.aspx?user=Guardian+Kennels

Prestige: 20.0 (#288,761)
Signed Up: 3/27/2005
Account Level: Basic

Take from lee kennel page:

www.showdog.com/general/user_information.aspx?user=lee+kennel

Prestige: 25.0 (#826)

Taken from Master K-9 page:

www.showdog.com/general/user_information.aspx?user=Master+K-9

Prestige: 15.2 (#10,000)
Signed Up: 5/18/2018

And from Tolian Town:

www.showdog.com/general/user_information.aspx?user=Tolian+Town+Kennel

Prestige: 15.1 (#10,000)

Taken from Vom Eschenbruch
www.showdog.com/general/user_information.aspx?user=Vom+Eschenbruch

Prestige: 16.2 (#10,000)
 Master K-9
Basic User

Basic User
5/20/2018 12:53:21 AM reply with quote send message to Master K-9 Object to Post

posted by gaylanstudio

Master K-9
Basic User

Basic User
5/20/2018 12:55:59 AM reply with quote send message to Master K-9 Object to Post

posted by gaylanstudio

Agree, something is fubar. It might be my fault. I might have entered new kennel names where old ones go and that's why the computer didn't tell me they were in use. I ddon't see how it is so difficult to fix, however. Just take those two accounts off my family, or refund my family and let me start all over.

-----
Last edited by Master K-9 on 5/20/2018 12:57:37 AM
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/20/2018 1:37:08 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Will it not let you drop those kennels then create new ones.

I don't know what the structure or interconnections might be between all these things but the problem may be more complex than it appears and allow that these games are no longer Admin's primary job. Part of the solution is finding out how it happened in the first place. These things can sometimes take many hours of research to track down.

I'm curious. Has it occurred to you to send an email to these kennels and see if anyone responds?

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 5/20/2018 1:42:17 PM
 Master K-9
Basic User

Basic User
5/20/2018 7:01:44 PM reply with quote send message to Master K-9 Object to Post

posted by gaylanstudio
Will it not let you drop those kennels then create new ones.

I don't know what the structure or interconnections might be between all these things but the problem may be more complex than it appears and allow that these games are no longer Admin's primary job. Part of the solution is finding out how it happened in the first place. These things can sometimes take many hours of research to track down.

I'm curious. Has it occurred to you to send an email to these kennels and see if anyone responds?

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 5/20/2018 1:42:17 PM

I have not emailed them. No, it will not let me drop any kennels for thirty days.

I understand this is a complex issue, but *some* communication would be nice.

Replies in this thread : 12

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.