Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 14

Author Topic : A Family Account Question
 Master K-9
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/18/2018 8:36:31 PM reply with quote send message to Master K-9 Object to Post   

I am an old player who has created another family account.

When I tried to sign out of the main account and into one of the sub accounts, I used the password that I mad for the main account. This was invalid. I used the password I received in the email. This was also invalid. What am I doing wrong?
 Berry Brits
Basic User

Basic User
5/18/2018 8:43:05 PM reply with quote send message to Berry Brits Object to Post

Just to be clear, you used the main password for the sub kennel?

If you made the sub kennel separately, the password would be the original one you set for that account (or the password you received in the email for that account specifically, not the main kennel).

I haven’t owned a family account before though so I may be mistaken. happy :)
 Master K-9
Basic User

Basic User
5/18/2018 9:10:45 PM reply with quote send message to Master K-9 Object to Post

posted by Berry Brits
Just to be clear, you used the main password for the sub kennel?

If you made the sub kennel separately, the password would be the original one you set for that account (or the password you received in the email for that account specifically, not the main kennel).

I haven’t owned a family account before though so I may be mistaken. happy :)

I see what you're saying, but I tried both the new password and the password I received in the email and neither are working.
 The Virginian
Basic User

Basic User
5/19/2018 5:30:02 AM reply with quote send message to The Virginian Object to Post

Yes, if they are new accounts the password should work. Call JJeff in the morning. I know he's busy with other site issues, but he should have at least responded if you said he saw you mail.
 Master K-9
Basic User

Basic User
5/19/2018 7:24:43 AM reply with quote send message to Master K-9 Object to Post

posted by The Virginian
Yes, if they are new accounts the password should work. Call JJeff in the morning. I know he's busy with other site issues, but he should have at least responded if you said he saw you mail.
I understand there are other site issues righht now but a we're working on it, or give me time would be nice.

All of my messages have ben viewed, none have been responded to. I've sent at least 4 or five. I am appauled. This is not the way to run a business and I will be calling at a decent hour today.
 LeBleu
Basic User

Basic User
5/19/2018 8:03:18 AM reply with quote send message to LeBleu Object to Post

If I remember correctly there should not have been any password entered when you create the accounts under your family account.

You have your main account -
Log into the main account and then go to the My Account page and click on the Manage Family Account.

On that page you will enter the name of existing kennels that you want to be associated with your family account - or the name of the kennels you want to create under your family account.

The password for these kennels is the same as for the "main account"

-then once you set up the "account flipping" authorizations - you will just need to log into the main account each day and flip from account to account with no other log ins.
 gaylanstudio8
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/19/2018 11:38:08 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio8 Object to Post

If you go to ShowDog.com, it will ask for your user name and password but there is a "forgot password" that will send your password to the linked real email that you used.

It seems to work fine - I just tried it.

It also works in reverse I think if you forget the account name but know the email you used. (No need to wait for Jeff.)
 gaylanstudio8
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/19/2018 11:45:02 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio8 Object to Post

I believe its true that if you create a new account through the Family the new account will have the same password and link to the same email.

If you add an existing account it will not change the password so it will remain whatever it was. I believe it will not change the email link either but I'm not sure.
 Wuppet Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/19/2018 4:22:04 PM reply with quote send message to Wuppet Kennel Object to Post

posted by LeBleu
If I remember correctly there should not have been any password entered when you create the accounts under your family account.

You have your main account -
Log into the main account and then go to the My Account page and click on the Manage Family Account.

On that page you will enter the name of existing kennels that you want to be associated with your family account - or the name of the kennels you want to create under your family account.

The password for these kennels is the same as for the "main account"

-then once you set up the "account flipping" authorizations - you will just need to log into the main account each day and flip from account to account with no other log ins.

Did that and I thought you were correct.

Give you an example. I have one family account where the main kennel is Gordon Working DOgs. Now, I can flip from all my accounts, upuntil yesterday, 14 with no problem. If I log out of Gordon working Dogs and log in to another kennel in that family, I can use the same password as I do for Gordon. With this new family I have created, even if I log into the main kennel, I can flip to the other kennels, but can't flip back, as I have to log into each kennel to do that and the password does not work. Jeff said he would get to it doay... Fingers and paws crossed.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/19/2018 8:23:20 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

You have to cross reference them.

Kennel 5 needs to have access granted from kennels 1, 2. 3, and 4.

Kennel 2 needs to have access granted from 1, 3, 4, and 5.

And so on. Every one needs to give permission to each of the others.

It's a pain to set up but once done usually works just fine.

At one time I could go 1,2,3,4,5 but not 5,4.3,2,1. I fixed by filling in the missing ones.

Hope that helps. Good luck

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 5/19/2018 9:43:55 PM
 Calibre K9
Basic User

Basic User
5/19/2018 10:18:24 PM reply with quote send message to Calibre K9 Object to Post

posted by gaylanstudio
You have to cross reference them.

Kennel 5 needs to have access granted from kennels 1, 2. 3, and 4.

Kennel 2 needs to have access granted from 1, 3, 4, and 5.

And so on. Every one needs to give permission to each of the others.

It's a pain to set up but once done usually works just fine.

At one time I could go 1,2,3,4,5 but not 5,4.3,2,1. I fixed by filling in the missing ones.

Hope that helps. Good luck

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 5/19/2018 9:43:55 PM

Yes, I am aware of that, but in order to do this, you must log in to kennel two, three four and five to cross reference them. I am not able to do this on two kennels. As of right noow, I have 19 kennels, 16 of which I am using. One I haven't gotten to yet, and the others, I can't access. I have emailed admin repeatedly. At least five times. I have called. I was promised action. No action. I'm thinking about canceling all my accounts and never coming back. This is such bad business. I know there's a lot going on and I know it's the weekend, but some communication or a solution would be nice. I can spend my money elsewhere where I get decent customer service.

I love this game. It is something I look forward to daily, but I do not handle noncommunicative people well.
 Master K-9
Basic User

Basic User
5/20/2018 12:04:41 AM reply with quote send message to Master K-9 Object to Post

I am wondering what the hell I have to do to get a response from Admin. Hes read all my emails, which I will be glad to ppost here... no response. No attempt to fix this. No refund so I can start over. No communication. Sunday or not, I'lm calling him again. I wonder, does he ever even read this forum???????

Very angry, dislusioned and frustrated.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/20/2018 6:23:19 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

lol good luck. I can't even get him to upload some images but we have many admin apologists on this website that praise him for small things. Ah well.
 Just Pumi
Basic User

Basic User
5/20/2018 7:25:36 AM reply with quote send message to Just Pumi Object to Post

Master K-9

Please refrain from that type of language....there may be young people out there, and we don't want to be an influence on them...

Just a thought
JP happy :)
 Master K-9
Basic User

Basic User
5/20/2018 6:58:03 PM reply with quote send message to Master K-9 Object to Post

posted by Just Pumi
Master K-9

Please refrain from that type of language....there may be young people out there, and we don't want to be an influence on them...

Just a thought
JP happy :)

You are correct. I am just extremely frustrated. All my messages have been viewed, but I have gotten no response. I called and got the brush off. I apologize for my bad language, however.

Replies in this thread : 14

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.