.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 25
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Fantazee
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/20/2018 12:11:59 PM reply with quote send message to Fantazee Object to Post

If there are players in my breeds who want studs or pups please feel free to message me. I do forget sometimes to put the boys up..
 Zinga
Basic User

Basic User
5/20/2018 4:46:56 PM reply with quote send message to Zinga Object to Post

Interesting about the heads Hawkeye.

I started a kennel just to try and get heads past the 9.8 they had been stuck on in Pointers. I hadn't gone as far as source dogs (was looking at the amount of work there and daunted) - and another kennel beat me to the 10 head which just popped up out of nowhere. We've now locked that into the breed.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/21/2018 3:03:15 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

We had an issue in American Cockers with heads stuck. I found an old project dog with a 10.0 head. I made him available to everyone at a typical stud fee. There are now lots of 10 heads and I don't think anyone is having any inbreeding issues.
 otakuparadise
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/21/2018 4:41:15 PM reply with quote send message to otakuparadise Object to Post

posted by Zinga
It's how you want to play the game.

I did try to go into a breed that appeared to be with only 1 player to help out. Sent an email and received a response 5 months later. I'd moved on by then.

In my various kennels I try to have studs up and dogs for sale. I'm in some low number breeds, so everyone I can potentially gain is a benefit to me.

If I have dogs for sale, I generally don't get requests from basics as they can simply buy a dog.

In one of my breeds recently someone came, thoughtfully, noted he/she was currently a basic but will be upgrading, and asked if I was prepared to sell any puppy from a certain litter, and if I had any broods. I sold the pick of the puppies (I didn't want any of them) and a reasonable brood. This player is now a standard and contributing to the breed (I might have just been lucky here).

As I said, I'm generally not in super-competitive breeds. The one high-ranking breed I am in I was mentored by the top player, sold good dogs, advised on studs and assisted. So I now do that with all my breeds (well, I try. I accidentally got grumpy with another player recently (not the other player's fault - and this player has done wonders for the breed), and have apologised and tried to make amends. The other player is still a bit cautious of me, which is perfectly understandable. If you read this and know who you are, my apologies again).

It's how you want to play the game.

That was me and I'm very grateful that you helped me start in kooikerhondje. I have been lucky in all of the breeds I joined till now. I have always found at least one helping hand in each breed.
 Marquetry
Basic User

Basic User
5/30/2018 4:27:28 PM reply with quote send message to Marquetry Object to Post

I try to always have a stud up in Belgian Sheepdogs, but I don't spend a lot of time on the game anymore and sometimes I do forget. Just give me a nudge and I'll put one up for you happy :)

Replies in this thread : 25
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.