Just Pumi
Basic User

Basic User
5/16/2018 6:31:48 AM reply with quote send message to Just Pumi Object to Post

A new Champion here!

Ch. JPumi Snow Bunny

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16267062

On a side note-
I am having quite a time trying to finish my JPumi **Broken Dreams**....He lost once again to JPumi The Shadow Knows

Ugh!

Fantazee
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/16/2018 1:49:11 PM reply with quote send message to Fantazee Object to Post

Hi Guys - I got into Pumis because I think there was a post sometime ago about breeds needing more breeders. My main breed is Havanese so I opened u a seperate kennel just for the Pumis. If I am doing something wrong with my breeding of Pumis any help/advice would be welcome from you more experienced guys. Thanks.
 Jettki
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/16/2018 3:50:33 PM reply with quote send message to Jettki Object to Post

Oh, which havanese kennel are you?
 Just Pumi
Basic User

Basic User
5/16/2018 5:28:49 PM reply with quote send message to Just Pumi Object to Post

I am wondering if there are any other Pumi breeders that may have a 9.7 for Head?

After looking through most all the other kennels, I can only see that there is one other breeder with that trait.

Mine with the 9.7 head

JPumi The Shadow Knows
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16287118
 Fantazee
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/16/2018 5:32:01 PM reply with quote send message to Fantazee Object to Post

Diamond Mountain havanese
 Jettki
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/16/2018 5:37:33 PM reply with quote send message to Jettki Object to Post

Numbers in the Dark has a 9.6
 Jettki
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/16/2018 5:39:53 PM reply with quote send message to Jettki Object to Post

Just Pumi
Basic User

Basic User
5/16/2018 5:47:26 PM reply with quote send message to Just Pumi Object to Post

Yup...I have a few of those also...

Just Pumi
Basic User

Basic User
5/16/2018 5:48:42 PM reply with quote send message to Just Pumi Object to Post

Just Pumi
Basic User

Basic User
5/17/2018 3:29:28 AM reply with quote send message to Just Pumi Object to Post

Oh My

2 more new Champions here

CH JPumi The Shadow Knows
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16287118

and finally!.....

CH JPumi **Broken Dreams**
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16276629

They will both be at limited stud when they are old enough- price to be determined later.
 Just Pumi
Basic User

Basic User
5/17/2018 7:50:05 AM reply with quote send message to Just Pumi Object to Post

posted by Fantazee
Hi Guys - I got into Pumis because I think there was a post sometime ago about breeds needing more breeders. My main breed is Havanese so I opened u a seperate kennel just for the Pumis. If I am doing something wrong with my breeding of Pumis any help/advice would be welcome from you more experienced guys. Thanks.
Fantazee

You are doing nothing wrong with your Pumi...If that is the direction that you want to go with your dogs...

But.....

With all the current high SOP Pumi, and your Source to semi current bred dogs, I can only offer some advice....

It may sound brutal, but you should scrap those that you have, and try to find a few that are 88 or higher on SOP...Unless you are trying to bring back some colors in the breed.

Another piece of advice would be to only show your best dogs, and not flood the show with all you have....

This is just a suggestion, and I don't want to have any hard feelings, but it will be good for all the Pumi breeders to try to work together and better the breed.

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you all the best!

On a sidenote- If you would like a nice Pumi, I have a litter due Monday the 21st.

JP happy :)
 otakuparadise
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/17/2018 11:11:19 AM reply with quote send message to otakuparadise Object to Post

It's great to see breeders communicating together like this. I haven't seen this in any other breed for a very long time.

It really makes me want to join the Pumi breeders and be part of it too!
 Just Pumi
Basic User

Basic User
5/17/2018 11:44:14 AM reply with quote send message to Just Pumi Object to Post

posted by otakuparadise
It's great to see breeders communicating together like this. I haven't seen this in any other breed for a very long time.

otakuparadise

I can't speak for the others, but I think it would be nice to have a few more breeders here in Pumi...And would welcome a new breeder.

Like I said before, I will be having a litter on Monday, if you would like to join this breed, I would be happy to help you get started off with a good one.

Not to brag (heehee), but my Pumi are among the highest SOP and I have sold many good ones to others in order to get them started, so most of the up coming litters out there will be closely related to mine.

otakuparadise
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/17/2018 12:02:30 PM reply with quote send message to otakuparadise Object to Post

posted by Just Pumi
otakuparadise

I can't speak for the others, but I think it would be nice to have a few more breeders here in Pumi...And would welcome a new breeder.

Like I said before, I will be having a litter on Monday, if you would like to join this breed, I would be happy to help you get started off with a good one.

Not to brag (heehee), but my Pumi are among the highest SOP and I have sold many good ones to others in order to get them started, so most of the up coming litters out there will be closely related to mine.

That would be great, I sent you the private message just before you posted your reply here.
 Just Pumi
Basic User

Basic User
5/17/2018 12:15:45 PM reply with quote send message to Just Pumi Object to Post

...and I answered your message hahaha
 Just Pumi
Basic User

Basic User
5/17/2018 12:37:36 PM reply with quote send message to Just Pumi Object to Post

For those of you who would like to get into the Pumi breed, here is a quick link to sale board

www.showdog.com/dogsforsale/breedlisting.aspx?breed=Pumi
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
5/17/2018 1:06:52 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

posted by Fantazee
There’s nothing wrong with what you’re doing from what I can see! The only thing that’s really a struggle with the breed right now is that the point schedules are so inflated lol. Now that we’ve got a good few breeders I think we could help ourselves out by stacking less so that we don’t need ridiculous amounts of entries for majors. laugh :D
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
5/17/2018 1:07:45 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

posted by otakuparadise

I don’t have nearly as good a foundation as JPumi but I’d be happy to try to help you out if you want to join the breed! happy :)
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
5/17/2018 1:09:47 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

Sorry for message spam but I’m going to be compiling a list of hidden studs for the breed soon. happy :)

Also a few notes on my studs-
They will all be priced at $25 regardless of their SOP or champion status. I trust y’all to not overuse them. laugh :D It’s already pretty expensive to buy pups at $200-$500 so I don’t want breedings to be expensive too!
 Just Pumi
Basic User

Basic User
5/17/2018 1:11:56 PM reply with quote send message to Just Pumi Object to Post

posted by Myths

I don’t have nearly as good a foundation as JPumi but I’d be happy to try to help you out if you want to join the breed! happy :)
***Blushes*** awww shucks hahaha

Replies in this thread : 127
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class