Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 17

Author Topic : Who has Stud up for $25.00/ no approval?
 Fleetwood1
Basic User

System.__ComObject
2/16/2018 12:33:52 PM reply with quote send message to Fleetwood1 Object to Post   

with all the bad talk happening I want to see who has cheap studs the breed and cost

I will start this

Portuguese Podengo
all studs are $25.00 no approval

who else?
 Mead Hall
Basic User

Basic User
2/16/2018 1:13:09 PM reply with quote send message to Mead Hall Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

staffordshire champ 25$

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16035746

-----
Last edited by Mead Hall on 2/16/2018 1:14:15 PM
 Nefarious Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/16/2018 1:24:24 PM reply with quote send message to Nefarious Kennels Object to Post

Miniature Schnauzers!

I put all dogs for $25, unless they're my top SOP breeding-age stud, in which case they are $50.
 Lisboa
Basic User

Basic User
2/16/2018 5:21:43 PM reply with quote send message to Lisboa Object to Post

All of my studs $25 no approval - in Wirehaired Pointing Griffons, Silky Terriers, Sealyham Terriers, Pointers, Kooikerhondjes, Greyhounds.

Having said that, I don't have a problem with people charging more or putting approval on. Will pay more for studs if I need to. However I'm not in supercompetitive breeds or hard to get into breeds so my opinion may be sheltered here.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/16/2018 5:35:22 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

Goldens are really good about having top studs at $25 and $50 with no approval.

Will
 Artesia
Basic User

Basic User
2/16/2018 9:00:28 PM reply with quote send message to Artesia Object to Post

In all of my kennels, the dogs I don't show, so either for colour breeding or trait breeding, are always $25.

gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/16/2018 9:21:16 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

None of my studs anywhere are more than $100 and all are no approval required.

The ones in colour or breed recovery projects are mostly 25 - 50 depending on quality.

I have:
American and English Cockers
Greyhounds
Saluki
Pharaoh Hounds
Airedale
Wire and Smooth Fox Terrier

I will pay up to 200 for a good stud. If anyone wants more than that I have to be really desperate. I don't approve of "on approval" on general principle - it's a game!

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 2/16/2018 9:26:17 PM
 Bailey Barns
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/16/2018 11:22:36 PM reply with quote send message to Bailey Barns Object to Post

All my English Springers and all my English Setters.

I think my Salukis are too, but those are project lines.
 ESAN
Basic User

Basic User
2/17/2018 12:01:10 AM reply with quote send message to ESAN Object to Post

Why is there this need to have such low stud fees? Aren't there enough money in kennels? After the last changes to the game I noticed there are a lot more money in my kennels. I sometimes even wonder if it's fair to have almost all studs of a breed at the same price. Shouldn't stud fees reflect quality and show achievements?
 Lisboa
Basic User

Basic User
2/17/2018 2:11:51 AM reply with quote send message to Lisboa Object to Post

Hi ESAN

I used to charge $25 for untitled dogs, $50 for Champions and more for Grand Champions.

However it's a hassle to keep track of which dog has achieved what, so now they're just all $25.

Feel free to charge on achievements.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/17/2018 6:41:26 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

posted by ESAN
Why is there this need to have such low stud fees? Aren't there enough money in kennels? After the last changes to the game I noticed there are a lot more money in my kennels. I sometimes even wonder if it's fair to have almost all studs of a breed at the same price. Shouldn't stud fees reflect quality and show achievements?
With the state this game is in, I want users in my breed so I'll make all of my boys accessible so users can have many litters. $50 for a GCh is my rate and id happily pay $100 for a stellar dog. Beyond that, one is approaching ridiculousness. It made sense 10 years ago when the game was booming to have high priced studs especially since we were really salary only. Today it's just weird. My thoughts only.
 Kingfisher
Basic User

Basic User
2/17/2018 12:22:08 PM reply with quote send message to Kingfisher Object to Post

In all my breeds I put my studs up for whomever would like to use them.
 Bailey Barns
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/17/2018 12:40:40 PM reply with quote send message to Bailey Barns Object to Post

If everyone has enough money already, why the need for higher fees? Low fees are more likely to entice more people into the breed.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/17/2018 4:17:24 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

posted by ESAN
I price my studs at $25 to encourage folks to use them. It helps increase my odds of having dogs related to mine for future outcrosses and increases the odds of Chs produced for Merit titles.

In my experience, show achievement doesn't always repeat itself in the litter box.

Will
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/17/2018 8:51:45 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

The financial status works both ways. Yes, there is probably no need to have low stud fees from the "buyers" point of view, however from a "sellers" point of view, I don't need the money either. I'd be perfectly willing to let folks use them for free if I could.

And yes, ideally fees would reflect quality but it is also true that show results do not always reflect offspring quality.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 2/17/2018 8:56:15 PM
 ESAN
Basic User

Basic User
2/17/2018 11:51:13 PM reply with quote send message to ESAN Object to Post

I prefer simulating RL to a certain point and put a decent stud fee on my studs (meaning not too low, not too high). In some of my breeds I really don't mind if my studs are seldomly used because that way when my COI gets too high I can always find studs to do an outcross (unrelated lines). I do believe in sharing studs, but I also do believe they should be priced accordingly (based on SOP and achievements). If I have a dog I do want to be a merit dog, I will drop to 25$, but otherwise no.
Also I envy those who manage to keep high prices for their puppies, like I've seen happening in Pekingese.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/18/2018 6:32:40 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

posted by ESAN
I prefer simulating RL to a certain point and put a decent stud fee on my studs (meaning not too low, not too high). In some of my breeds I really don't mind if my studs are seldomly used because that way when my COI gets too high I can always find studs to do an outcross (unrelated lines). I do believe in sharing studs, but I also do believe they should be priced accordingly (based on SOP and achievements). If I have a dog I do want to be a merit dog, I will drop to 25$, but otherwise no.
Also I envy those who manage to keep high prices for their puppies, like I've seen happening in Pekingese.

Sorry to break it to you but I'm sure all the Not Listed Peke breeders are all the same kennel. Not saying they are a super kennel but if it's one user, they're prices are nothing to envy since they are playing against themself.
 Kennel SkyHaven
Basic User

Basic User
3/2/2018 3:26:06 PM reply with quote send message to Kennel SkyHaven Object to Post

Not all kennels have a lot of money.. I am just getting started back, and in a not so popular breed. I have a few other breeds to try.. but Whippets are a money pit unfortunately..

-----
Last edited by Kennel SkyHaven on 3/2/2018 3:26:42 PM

Replies in this thread : 17

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.