Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 13

Author Topic : N/A Color
 Ouzo
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/14/2018 4:22:44 AM reply with quote send message to Ouzo Object to Post   

Can anyone tell me how a N/A color happens? It seems to be happening a lot in Bull Terriers - where it should say a color, it just says N/A & if you breed from that dog the pup's colors are all N/A. I've asked admin 3 times, but got no reply.
 Halcyon Design
Basic User

Basic User
1/14/2018 4:37:24 AM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Design Object to Post

I get this in my Pointers in my Halcyon Desires kennel.

Jeff did come on here a while back and say that he would sort it, but I’ve messaged him and had no response and the dogs are still with no colour.

I was going to try to not breed from them so it would die out. But I’ve had some good results so it has stuck.

I do try to avoid breeding from them though and I guess if I stopped using them it would die out possibly.
 Companions
Basic User

Basic User
1/14/2018 8:53:39 PM reply with quote send message to Companions Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I also have a Bull Terrier with no colour, I've sent a few messages to Admin but had no response either.

I intend to show her, does anyone know if this would effect her scores?

-----
Last edited by Companions on 1/14/2018 8:55:00 PM
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/14/2018 10:41:18 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Colour does not play a role in results so I would not expect "no colour" to make a difference.

Good luck.
 Caryll
Basic User

Basic User
1/15/2018 2:03:24 AM reply with quote send message to Caryll Object to Post

No, it doesn't seem to make a difference in showing - there's a GCH Bull Terriers winning right now. It's a shame, I'd like to use him at stud but I won't because I don't want it spreading through to my kennels. I had a couple of N/A dog's a few months ago & they had really good scores but I forever homed them.

I just wish admin would answer messages and get something done. I know he's busy, but my messages have been totally ignored.
 Ouzo
Basic User

Basic User
1/17/2018 2:45:51 AM reply with quote send message to Ouzo Object to Post

No answer now for 10 days.

Is it worth carrying on with my chosen breed (Bull Terriers) if they're going to be filled with dogs with no colour?
 Halcyon Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
1/17/2018 3:57:54 PM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Dreams Object to Post

It’s up to you, I’ve carried on with Pointers. I’ve worked too hard on that kennel to dump it for a glitch - even though it is a really frustrating one, it seems we have to embrace the glitches.
 Ouzo
Basic User

Basic User
1/19/2018 2:55:09 AM reply with quote send message to Ouzo Object to Post

I guess I'll just have to plod along & not use the N/A colours for stud,even the high scoring & big winning ones.

I won't have N/A colours in my kennels.
 Ouzo
Basic User

Basic User
1/24/2018 12:28:00 PM reply with quote send message to Ouzo Object to Post

Well, here's the answer...

." The reason there are dogs with colors listed as N/A is a mistake in the code related to making sure we don't have illegal colors that I have not been able to get a firm grasp on fixing."

Not much help, to be honest. And I don't get the impression that any thing's going to be done about it. Jeff offered a refund, but refund of what? All the times my dog's been beaten by a N/A dog? Or breeding fees (which'll be nothing because I won't breed to them)?

Over the years this game has definitely gone down hill.
 Ouzo
Basic User

Basic User
1/27/2018 4:47:04 PM reply with quote send message to Ouzo Object to Post

I've now, basically, been told to either accept the 'glitch' or leave the game.
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
1/28/2018 2:19:55 PM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

I get the feeling that he's not fixing any bug unless it's actually stopping the shows from running. That's up to him. Just as it's up to us to pay to play the game 'as is' or not play.

It's really not how I wanted this game to end, but I also understand it from the game developer perspective.

I haven't seen an NA in my breeds, but if I did I'd just ignore it....

K
 Rustic Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
1/29/2018 9:51:08 AM reply with quote send message to Rustic Dogs Object to Post

Looking through the males pedigree, it seems that the problem is from KCBMs Night Moon on the bitch side (If it is the Black Hills stud that you are referring to)...

On a side note, I was cruising through some old, old breed postings, and saw one on the no color issue...

Here is a quote from that posting- "...Admin told me there is something in the coding for colors that will result in this glitch of no color pups from that bitch...."

I hope you can stay in the game...Just don't use that stud....

Anyways, that is all I have to say...
happy :)
 Companions
Basic User

Basic User
2/5/2018 12:05:50 AM reply with quote send message to Companions Object to Post

My gorgeous bull terrier finally has colour...hope everyone else finds their missing colour dogs have too.

Big thanks to Admin for fixing this!
 Halcyon Desires
Basic User

Basic User
2/5/2018 1:47:31 AM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Desires Object to Post

Still lots with no colour here. I did identify the dog it started with and sent it to Jeff a long time ago. It’s my fault for breeding with them I guess.

So glad you got it sorted

Lisa

Replies in this thread : 13

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.