Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 1

Author Topic : Judges
 kc meadows
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/4/2018 8:16:13 PM reply with quote send message to kc meadows Object to Post   

This is probably a stupid ? But isn't it a glitch when a judge is either already a judge is listed as a new one or has been not to long ago retired then brought back
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/5/2018 1:22:37 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Yes it probably is. There have been issues with the judges coming and going for some time now. I believe the present situation is a "temporary" fix for the situation a couple of months back when judges were retiring and being "replaced" by judges that were already active - the result was a shrinking judges pool and we were down to 1 owner-judge.

There was also a poll where we voted to have an increase in the number of owner-judges. I'm guessing but I think the retiring and returning and not being on the active list are all part of the same issues/remedies. I'm not sure that whether a judge is on the active list or not is really relevant any more. Frankly, I almost never look at that list.

We could perhaps use a bit more variety in the judges getting assignments. The pretty much always full schedule plus specialties (the result I think of the current cash situation) could perhaps use a bit more variety but I'm not complaining. It's working adequately in my opinion even if not optimally.

The only serious issue I am aware of is the Lorene Moore thing - I think perhaps she needs to be permanently struck from the register. I admittedly haven't looked lately - has this been resolved.

-----
Last edited by on 1/5/2018 2:11:48 PM

Replies in this thread : 1

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.