Search

Showdog.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 1

Author Topic : Judges
 kc meadows
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
1/4/2018 8:16:13 PM reply with quote send message to kc meadows Object to Post   

This is probably a stupid ? But isn't it a glitch when a judge is either already a judge is listed as a new one or has been not to long ago retired then brought back
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/5/2018 1:22:37 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Yes it probably is. There have been issues with the judges coming and going for some time now. I believe the present situation is a "temporary" fix for the situation a couple of months back when judges were retiring and being "replaced" by judges that were already active - the result was a shrinking judges pool and we were down to 1 owner-judge.

There was also a poll where we voted to have an increase in the number of owner-judges. I'm guessing but I think the retiring and returning and not being on the active list are all part of the same issues/remedies. I'm not sure that whether a judge is on the active list or not is really relevant any more. Frankly, I almost never look at that list.

We could perhaps use a bit more variety in the judges getting assignments. The pretty much always full schedule plus specialties (the result I think of the current cash situation) could perhaps use a bit more variety but I'm not complaining. It's working adequately in my opinion even if not optimally.

The only serious issue I am aware of is the Lorene Moore thing - I think perhaps she needs to be permanently struck from the register. I admittedly haven't looked lately - has this been resolved.

-----
Last edited by on 1/5/2018 2:11:48 PM

Replies in this thread : 1

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.