.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 13

Author Topic : What gives with results of Christmas Cake Stakes today
 Lisboa
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/25/2017 2:54:10 AM reply with quote send message to Lisboa Object to Post   

Hi people

Christmas Cake Stakes today (www.showdog.com/shows/show_results.aspx?show=Christmas%20Cake%20Stakes), judged by Lorene Moore, had the BIS a Belgian Laekenois source dog of SOP 5.55 with all red traits except Show Shine, which is green. The dog had been sessioned (except condition). In the Working Group it beat a 99.65 German Shepherd into 2nd in group - this German Shepherd dog is fully sessioned, with 10s all along the top row (www.showdog.com/forum/newtopic.aspx?forumid=4). The source dog also beat the other Group winners - a Harrier of 96.45, a standard poodle of 99.60, a Viszla of 97.85, an American Staffordshire of 99.45, a Silky Terrier of 94.45 and a Rottweiler of 99.55 SOP. The handler used by this source dog was Aly DiMaggio, who is not very highly rated.

What gives?
 Karen RR
Basic User

Basic User
12/25/2017 9:47:23 AM reply with quote send message to Karen RR Object to Post

I don't understand it, but I believe this is the first BIS for a Belgian Laekenois.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/25/2017 4:19:30 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

The group winners all tend to be owner handled. She is supposed to be "not very political". Its making me question what that means . . .

A short time ago she judged one of my shows, "Gaylan something" and the results were a bit odd there too - but not that odd (lol).
 Whitegold Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/25/2017 4:24:05 PM reply with quote send message to Whitegold Kennels Object to Post

I emailed Jeff about the Gaylam show but haven't heard anything.
 Grasslans
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/25/2017 5:16:04 PM reply with quote send message to Grasslans Object to Post

I think Lorene must have hit the Christmas drinks a little too hard before coming out to judge.

My afghan boy who had her favourite handler who also normally goes up In Show under her didn't even get a place today and then she didn't even give the Afghan that did get BOB any thing more
 AbleBaker
Basic User

Basic User
12/25/2017 5:43:52 PM reply with quote send message to AbleBaker Object to Post

Hi

We all work very hard to improve our breeds. Lorene being into the Christmas cheer a little early doesn't cut it.

If Lorene is unpredictable, retire her (been done before after a bad show).

Pity - she occasionally gave group placements to my dogs in various kennels.

On a data processing concept - if the problem can be isolated to some bad code attached to Lorene Moore, then it's easily fixed. If the problem is intermittent or larger, then I have a problem too.
 Grasslans
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/28/2017 2:32:22 AM reply with quote send message to Grasslans Object to Post

It seems like Lorene has lost her judges touch. Another source dog going BIS. The weird thing is that all groups other than the BIG Hound and Working dogs are normal to be expected placements.

Also looking at results leads me to believe that the kennel that won might also be abusing the whole one basic account rule.
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
12/28/2017 6:01:53 AM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

And the problems continue to pile up...
 Korthals
Basic User

Basic User
12/28/2017 5:17:27 PM reply with quote send message to Korthals Object to Post

The name of the game is Showdog.

Within the variability of judges, the results of shows should be acceptable. I don't accept a source dog winning a BIS.

Glittering
Basic User

Basic User
12/28/2017 6:01:27 PM reply with quote send message to Glittering Object to Post

When I look at this show it appears to be still accepting entries, so the show is stuffed.

Would appreciate Jeff's comment.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/28/2017 7:20:39 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

So, will we be seeing a source dog win the SDWC if Moore stays put?
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/29/2017 4:37:26 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

No -- neither dog has enough points to qualify -- thankfully!!!!!
 Flush
Basic User

Basic User
1/3/2018 12:58:02 AM reply with quote send message to Flush Object to Post

I've had no results at all for GaylanStudio 23rd December Show or Christmas Cakes, my breed,Manchester Terriers weren't judged or placed in either show.
 Hazygate
Basic User

Basic User
2/6/2018 9:52:57 AM reply with quote send message to Hazygate Object to Post

"Thinks dogs should be compared to how good they are vs the rest of their breed rather than overall quality vs all dogs." - I think this rule has gone awry (or maybe not?) And it is being interpreted that since this Laeknois (a rare breed I assume) has nothing else anywhere close to as good as the 5% SOP dog, it is a great example of its breed and thus worthy of BIS.

I think that flavor of judge was specifically designed to give the rarer breeds a little leg up in group/BIS once in awhile.

Replies in this thread : 13

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.