Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Perplexed... can someone explain???
 Willowcreek
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/16/2017 1:55:08 PM reply with quote send message to Willowcreek Object to Post   

This show result is odd... the bitch went BOB and got 2 points, the dog went BOS and got 3 points.... Grand Champion points for both...

www.showdog.com/shows/breed_results.aspx?show=Stealing+Home+37&breed=Shetland+Sheepdog
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/16/2017 5:31:17 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by XiZang on 11/16/2017 5:32:49 PM
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/16/2017 9:23:20 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Not real sure but I think it's because the male directly beat more specials males than the female beat females.

For regular points by beating the male, the female would have received the same points but I think that perhaps that does not apply to the grand points.

Anyone else have any thought on this?
 Willowcreek
Basic User

Basic User
11/17/2017 11:16:47 AM reply with quote send message to Willowcreek Object to Post

Gaylan- yes I was thinking with regular points the major would have transferred... Maybe not with grand points...
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/17/2017 12:06:18 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

That's what I started to post but I realized I don't know how GCh points work. LOL
 StarGazer Shelties
Basic User

Basic User
11/29/2017 9:19:25 AM reply with quote send message to StarGazer Shelties Object to Post

BOB you always count all dogs present. At least that is how AKC does it. I still wish we would do selects (only for CH) and get grand points for those too and get rid of the whole second in breed stuff.
 GaylanStudio9
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/29/2017 11:00:13 AM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio9 Object to Post

I don't know - I know that it is not true to real form but I rather like the 2nd, 3rd, 4th in breed. I appreciate seeing that even though my dog didn't get any points or any recognition otherwise that it was 2nd in breed, or whatever.

I admit, I have no idea what "Select" is or how it works - it came about after my real showing period and I haven't followed that closely.

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.