Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Double dilute breeding
 Blue Moon Collies
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
11/9/2017 12:56:38 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Moon Collies Object to Post   

I just bred a really nice collie bitch. The problem is she's a double dilute merle and I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with breeding/showing them. www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16013587
 Alibi
Basic User

Basic User
11/9/2017 1:43:36 PM reply with quote send message to Alibi Object to Post

Showing won't be affected all at on SD, there is no correlation between colour and showing in the game. If you breed her to a Tricolor, she will only produce blue merles, if bred to a pure for sable she'll produce merles still either mahogany or sable.

She's very pretty! You'll have fun showing her happy :) If you dont want to keep her,send her my way wink ;)
 Wikeen.
Basic User

Basic User
11/9/2017 1:47:20 PM reply with quote send message to Wikeen. Object to Post

Wow nice Bitch! You should have no problem showing that girl. My DM stud www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15937407 I was able to get points on him, with your bitch having better gait and coat she’ll Ch out fast.
 Blue Moon Collies
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/9/2017 2:16:03 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Moon Collies Object to Post

Thanks for the info! I was squeamish about keeping her and breeding her because I wasn't sure if we still had defects that might show up later as part of the game. I remember being horrified when one of my puppies would suddenly develop a genetic condition.
 Alibi
Basic User

Basic User
11/9/2017 2:52:42 PM reply with quote send message to Alibi Object to Post

The genetic conditions were taken out of SD a while back. I don't think there's any plans to reintroduce that aspect of the game or to make colour affect anything else. I think you'll be find with her happy :)

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.