Search

.com Forum · American Cocker Spaniel

Replies in this thread : 57
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Foxley Cockers
Basic User

Basic User
11/2/2017 10:05:34 AM reply with quote send message to Foxley Cockers Object to Post

That was me in the post above.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/2/2017 10:35:50 AM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

VERY well said Foxley!

Kleenex is not a victim.
She has been approached about this and has appeared to ignore the advice.
Victim? I think not.
 ShadowRun Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/2/2017 11:56:56 AM reply with quote send message to ShadowRun Kennel Object to Post

Well said Foxley... and yes most of us in ACS have been here a long long time. As you can see by reading previous posts we've all had our moments of disagreements but have worked through them and are quite happy playing the game with each other.

I understand that Kleenex was feeling "picked on" but I also understand that they weren't willing to listen to anyone else's concerns or try to work with other players which definitely comes across as antogonistic, in my opinion.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/2/2017 6:18:44 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

Agree!
 Hitari Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/3/2017 9:46:52 AM reply with quote send message to Hitari Kennels Object to Post

Just a word of caution.

Jeff will get tired of this kind of behavior and he's not afraid to shut a game down.

Things like this was the death of Trophy Horse and Jeff made it no secret that the attitudes of the players was his main reason for shutting the game down.

Please do not ruin it for everyone else. I for one would be highly upset if my almost 10 years of work in some of my kennels was destroyed because players can't get along.

While you may not agree with their strategy, this is a strategy game and things like this will always come and go. In two months the player in question may not even be here, but if you guys don't stop the game may not be around to find out.

I'm sure Jeff has been bombarded with complaints concerning this and unless he has evidence of actual cheating or the game rules being broken he will not make a player change the way they play the game. He hasn't in over 10 years and I doubt very much he will start now.

Is it really worth possibly loosing the game to keep this feud up?
 Just Danes
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2017 9:55:56 AM reply with quote send message to Just Danes Object to Post

I also hope people can get along....I hope that instead of shutting the game down, Jeff will have mercy on us and just stop/close down the offending topics/threads....
 BarStar Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2017 10:44:03 AM reply with quote send message to BarStar Goldens Object to Post

This game has been around for over a decade. This issue & the small discourse that it caused is a blip on the radar compared to previous conflicts.

If the game ends, it will NOT be because of this.

So no need to start yelling the sky is falling.

Will
 Foxley Cockers
Basic User

Basic User
11/4/2017 10:05:29 AM reply with quote send message to Foxley Cockers Object to Post

We all get along perfectly well. We don't have a problem. We were having an important discussion. I'm sure you would do the same thing if your breed point system was damaged by someone that didn't understand how to play. Nobody has said anything rude or insulting. As a matter of fact, maybe Jeff should consider this issue and put a limit on how many entries one kennel make in a single show. I like our new economy, but it does bring up problems like this issue. This type of play changes the entire game. The only way to continue would be to play their way. We should all forget the handler aspect and just enter no handler shows. It just doesn't make sense.
 Foxley Cockers
Basic User

Basic User
11/4/2017 10:19:48 AM reply with quote send message to Foxley Cockers Object to Post

Another way Jeff could make this right would be to leave no handler shows out of calculations for point averages.
 Supernatural85
Basic User

Basic User
11/4/2017 10:34:49 AM reply with quote send message to Supernatural85 Object to Post

Or make a cap on the amount of dogs needed to get a 5 point major to be a percentage of the breed.

In kuvasz it worked out at something like a quarter of all dogs needed to enter to get a 5 point major (which is like half if you consider that bitches and dogs are counted separately)

So maybe it could be that the number needed for a 5 point major is no more than 15 per cent of the number of dogs in the breed? with the others worked out accordingly
 BarStar Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
11/4/2017 1:27:31 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Goldens Object to Post

posted by Foxley Cockers
We all get along perfectly well. We don't have a problem. We were having an important discussion. I'm sure you would do the same thing if your breed point system was damaged by someone that didn't understand how to play. Nobody has said anything rude or insulting. As a matter of fact, maybe Jeff should consider this issue and put a limit on how many entries one kennel make in a single show. I like our new economy, but it does bring up problems like this issue. This type of play changes the entire game. The only way to continue would be to play their way. We should all forget the handler aspect and just enter no handler shows. It just doesn't make sense.
People were doing this before the economy changed. It isn't a new thing. Those folks were asked to rethink their process in the past and most reconsidered once they understood the side effects.

Will
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/4/2017 7:08:53 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

I don't believe any one of use "complained to Jeff".

And I agree with your comment Will.

How all these non Cocker people find out about our 'round table discussion' is beyond me...LOL

Move along now everyone..nothing to see here, nothing to see.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/4/2017 7:45:56 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

posted by Clwyd Cockers
How all these non Cocker people find out about our 'round table discussion' is beyond me...LOL
Breed forum posts are also shown in latest topics.

If you want a private discussion in the future, you'll have to use PM.
 Hitari Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/4/2017 8:38:06 PM reply with quote send message to Hitari Kennels Object to Post

I'm not part of the Cocker Spaniel clique but the solution is pretty simple.

Breed the better dog.

I took a look at some of the show results for the breed at the center of this and from what I saw even if Kleenex didn't enter large numbers of dogs they would still possibly have the better dog.

One dog in paticular of Kleenex's that I looked at had several BOB wins using no handler over dogs with handlers that were entered by other players.

Use the competition as motivation to breed a dog to beat them. That's a way better use of time than complaining.

As for us non Cocker people giving our opinions, it is a public forum so if you don't want opinions keep your conversations private.

And yes, we've all had players in our breeds that do things we don't agree with, but at the end of the day the game is what we make it for ourselves.
 BarStar Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
11/4/2017 9:04:36 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Goldens Object to Post

I bought a Cocker so I could participate in the table. LOL

Will
 Foxley Cockers
Basic User

Basic User
11/4/2017 10:55:10 PM reply with quote send message to Foxley Cockers Object to Post

Yeah..
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/5/2017 12:54:28 AM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

Will, you make me laugh.
You are welcome to join the merry Cocker gang. happy :)

Replies in this thread : 57
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.