Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : Dog Drawings
 Lac Lavon Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/22/2017 12:59:32 PM reply with quote send message to Lac Lavon Kennels Object to Post   

Greetings! I was curious if anyone knows whether the artist making the dog photo drawings is still working on them? This probably sounds lame, but the beautiful little pictures showing the various color contrasts within a breed are what have me interested in a few breeds. The artist really does gorgeous work! I have noticed though that a few breeds (Chihuahuas being one) have almost fixed themselves to black/blue and all the other colors have been bred out of the gene pool. The breed still has the original real life photo of a fawn chihuahua for every single dog. I just feel like the little drawings would help drum up interest in breeding & maintaining some of the other colors possible for the breed.
 In The Ghetto
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2017 1:12:00 PM reply with quote send message to In The Ghetto Object to Post

Picardy is the artist, and she is still working on them. Anatolian Shepherds have just received their pictures. She does these when she can, but also has a hectic life. wink ;)
 nyan_jai
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2017 1:16:12 PM reply with quote send message to nyan_jai Object to Post

I'm hoping she will do Canaan dogs soon but can appreciate it isn't a task for the faint hearted! xD
 Lac Lavon Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2017 1:29:20 PM reply with quote send message to Lac Lavon Kennels Object to Post

Awesome, thank you for the responses!

She is so talented, each photo is gorgeous. I'm thrilled to hear she's still working on them!
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/22/2017 3:13:30 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

We are all VERY grateful to Picardy, that's for sure. Her Afghan Hounds are spectacular, and I know a lot of people in RL use her illustrations for colors.
 Saffyre
Basic User

Basic User
9/24/2017 1:00:38 PM reply with quote send message to Saffyre Object to Post

Also please keep in mind that out of 188 breeds, only 39 do not have pics. That is a HUGE accomplishment on the part of Picardy when you consider the sheer number of images have to be created for each coat color and even coat type.
 Picardy
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/25/2017 12:25:30 PM reply with quote send message to Picardy Object to Post

Thanks for the support guys! Saffyre, I stopped counting the actual # of breeds I've finished! 39 to go is it? Not bad happy :)

Scottish Terriers and Anatolian Shepherd pics were just added, and I'm currently working on Belgian Malinois and Laekenois.

I can put Chihuahua and Caanans on my "to do next" list. wink ;)
 nyan_jai
Basic User

Basic User
9/25/2017 12:39:47 PM reply with quote send message to nyan_jai Object to Post

That would be brilliant Picardy! It might even be the push I need to bring longhaireds back laugh :D
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/25/2017 12:54:57 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

Patiently waiting for Toy Poodles since I know they'll be amazing! happy :)
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/25/2017 11:08:29 PM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

I was so happy when the Great Dane Picardy pics came out! We in danes had to wait several years (lots of colors), but it was definitely worth the wait! Thanks again Picardy!
 Aramal Basic
Basic User

Basic User
9/25/2017 11:18:56 PM reply with quote send message to Aramal Basic Object to Post

Yay, I can't wait to see the Laekenois done.
 Alibi
Basic User

Basic User
9/26/2017 9:28:02 AM reply with quote send message to Alibi Object to Post

Wow Picardy, I can't believe you only have 39 left, that's amazing! My favourite SD day is still when we get new colour pictures. Your talent is amazing!

I think my only breeds left that don't have pictures are cardigan corgis and OES.

Replies in this thread : 11

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.