Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Question? How do you get multiple kennels and run them.
 Flat Coat Kennel
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
9/22/2017 11:07:12 AM reply with quote send message to Flat Coat Kennel Object to Post   

I have tried to open a 2nd kennel. It was a basic kennel. So it was useless to me. Do I have to pay an additional membership fee? I'm confused. I can't see people having 5 or more kennels and paying for that many memberships. I have to be missing something.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/22/2017 12:07:51 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Each individual person is allowed one free Basic account.

You have a "Standard" subscribed account - good. You can upgrade your subscription to a "Family" account and you can then have 5 fully subscribed accounts under that one subscription - but it will cost you more. It amounts to getting one kennel free and another almost free (can't recall the breakdown but something like that).

If you have one or mor standard kennels you can upgrade one of them to a "Family". It then becomes your managing kennel and from there you can add any existing kennels, subscribed or Basic to a total of five.

You can have as many subscribed accounts as you wish but only one free Basic, which has restricted capabilities. Most long time players have a Family subscription I believe and many of those have two Families (10 kennels in total).

How many kennels you have depends on your level of commitment to the game. I think most multiple kennel holders have different breeds in each or some sort of special project - bring back rare colours for example.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 9/22/2017 12:14:14 PM
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/22/2017 12:18:15 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

And the short answer is 'yes' if you want to open a second full-featured kennel, you will have to pay an additional subscription fee.
 FallenStarz
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2017 12:27:29 PM reply with quote send message to FallenStarz Object to Post

I have a family account but have run up to 55 kennels at once.

Yes, you pay for additional kennels, a family account is $20 and you get discounts on if you want multiple family accounts.

You can have 1 (free) basic account and as many paid accounts as you wish.

showdog.com/subscriptions/

showdog.com/subscriptions/custom_rates.aspx
 Whitegold
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/22/2017 10:46:08 PM reply with quote send message to Whitegold Object to Post

Hi,
I used to run all my breeds out of one kennel, but when I returned to the game about 4 years ago I worked out that I just couldn't play that way.

I now have 3 kennels. I've thought about upgrading to family (and adding an extra couple) but I get too busy with my work (and sometimes holidays!!) at certain times of the year ... so I think I'll stick to 3.

Good luck.

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.