Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Tuesday Talk!
 residential5
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/19/2017 8:59:00 AM reply with quote send message to residential5 Object to Post   

Hi! I thought that I'd start a discussion topic every Tuesday, and get people talking more. Might encourage basics to pay, you know?

Please feel free to make suggestions for topics too!

So, today's topic:

If you couldn't be in the breed on SD that you are already in, what breed would be your next choice, and why?
 Wikeen
Basic User

Basic User
9/19/2017 10:46:04 AM reply with quote send message to Wikeen Object to Post

Good Idea!

Another breed that interest me is the Komondor, Puli and Ibizan hound, breeds that aren't as popular but really cool looking.

I couldn't find any breeds for Komondors so that may a breed I really look into.
 Faelin
Basic User

Basic User
9/19/2017 11:38:25 AM reply with quote send message to Faelin Object to Post

Alaskan Klee Kai because that is my favorite irl breed.
 residential5
Basic User

Basic User
9/19/2017 11:58:59 AM reply with quote send message to residential5 Object to Post

I'll answer now. When I posted earlier my son interrupted me. I'm trying to finish a champion in every color of every breed.

So when I finish my next breed (probably English setters) I will move on to a sporting breed with few colors, since my OES and Welsh Sprinters take up a lot of space.
 Lac Lavon Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/19/2017 12:04:40 PM reply with quote send message to Lac Lavon Kennels Object to Post

It's funny, because I've started playing with Harriers on here, but I've never even seen one in real life. When I was looking for a breed to jump into, that one happened to have several adult females for sale of decent quality and plenty of room for improvement without the stats being totally dismal.

Then I'm also working on Japanese Chins and working to bring back Sable, red, and Tricolor. The only current SOP dogs I can find anywhere are Lemon or Black/Wht. I've never worked with source dogs before so I'm a little nervous!

IRL, I really love 'flashy' looking dogs of unusual color (blues, brindled, Parti, merle, etc), even when it's a DQ for the show ring.

Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/19/2017 12:28:03 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

Interesting idea!

I have always wanted to have a kennel dedicated to Doberman Pinschers... I've been on SD since 2006 and always dabbled in the breed but never hunkered down. I'm not really one for competitive breeds but that's one breed I wouldn't have minded.
I'll stick to the Toy breeds for now, though happy :)
 Aniron
Basic User

Basic User
9/20/2017 11:22:45 PM reply with quote send message to Aniron Object to Post

I used to breed GSDs in real life so I suppose if I couldn't be in Mals, then I would try breeding GSDs.

Replies in this thread : 6

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.